The online racing simulator
Finally got the computer :)
(148 posts, started )
Quote from harjun :i earned £200 in 3 weeks, cut peoples lawn, worked in the back of a pharmacy just dispensing the medicines, and i dunno how i earnt that much, but i really tried so much to get that PC, and my dad saw it, and said, go on, ill get it for you. And im not spoilt, if i was spoilt i would have got a Q6600

you still dont get what nice is trying to say do you.

To put it simply, what he is trying to say (i believe) is that he worked hard to earn what he has now, and when he DID get it, he was very appreciative (sp?) of it. But you, just came straight on here, saying "as if im gonna sit here with this 2.0ghz pile of..." . IMO, that just has all the "spoilt brat!" signs flying about everywhere.
Quote from harjun :i earned £200 in 3 weeks, cut peoples lawn, worked in the back of a pharmacy just dispensing the medicines, and i dunno how i earnt that much, but i really tried so much to get that PC, and my dad saw it, and said, go on, ill get it for you. And im not spoilt, if i was spoilt i would have got a Q6600

Uh, when i was jobsearching, There was an oppourtunity (sp) for a medicinal dispenser. To do that, you need the relevant qualification, and you need to be 16 + to deal with anything stronger than (and including) paracetamol. I work in Sainsburys mate, theres a big screen that pops up, SIXTEEN PLUS TO PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT.

You're spoilt, Harjun. You have no value of money. I can't wait till you get out in the real world. You're in for a shock. Listen to the god-damned advice and life help which peoeple are telling you, after all, most of us are older, more mature, have jobs, have things we need to buy / pay for. You, on the other hand don't.

I run a P4 3.06Ghz P4. When purchased it came with an Nvidia 6200TC and 1GB of Ram. I sold my beloved motorcycle for it.

I was running an AMD Duron 800Mhz, 256mb Ram and 16mb Shared Graphics.

I was so happy with the performance gain, even though the new system isn't "Amazing" its still good.

(Currently running a X1900XT Overclocked slightly past XTX speeds)

I'm working my ass off atm, I owe Danny nearly £100 for train tickets, and Niall £150 for spending money. After that, I'm going to get a Q6600, Mobo, And a better PSU (already have the 2gb 800Mhz DDR2 ram on my desk)

Note something Harjun. I EARN my money, as do a vast majority of the people here. You waltz in, as a stuck up, brattish rich kid, who is spoilt by his parents, and its obvious why people get annoyed.

Just, please, Leave. Stay away from this place..

Edit : Funny how Jack backs up Harjun, and Jack got a new pet..
#79 - Jakg
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
Edit : Funny how Jack backs up Harjun, and Jack got a new pet..

I'm not backing him up, i just feel that most of the posts in this thread are flaming him for the fact it's Harjun rather than the quality of the post

Good parenting that.... ''Don't worry son, you don't have to actually earn all the money yourself, we'll buy it for you...'' If that isn't spoiled, I don't know what is. You need to learn that you don't get respect from people round here by flaunting your new PC that you didn't even earn. Even then you aren't happy because you didn't get the quad, unbelievable!

The medicines part scared the crap out of me. I can just imagine the labels on the drugs you (apparently) dispensed:-

''Paracetamol, take 2 tablets every 4 hours. Unless you really want to feel better, then you can take as many as you want. Have some alcohol as well, nothing can possibly go wrong! It makes the pain go away 10x faster, innit...!''
Quote from Jakg :I'm not backing him up, i just feel that most of the posts in this thread are flaming him for the fact it's Harjun rather than the quality of the post

Yea but Jack, as its you, for example, I'd listen to your words of wisdom. Because of who you are.
You probbably earn your money, and if your parents give it to you, thats understandable because you work hard on stuff.

Harjun, on the other hand, just walks in talking about 2Ghz C2D is nothing, that he is the almighty master of the world and we should all lick his face because he got a new PC.

Like I said, no-one cares that much. Harjun needs to realise the value of money, and that in relative terms compared to people with more "life experience", he knows pretty much very little.

Personaly, the thing that annoys me most is the fact he just won't bloody listen, like the Overclocking his lapton shinanigan.

One day, he'll learn. For his sake, I hope its not too Late.
Quote from Jakg :I'm not backing him up, i just feel that most of the posts in this thread are flaming him for the fact it's Harjun rather than the quality of the post

I slightly agree with you there Jack. But I find it hard to believe a word he is saying after he told soooooo many lies in the overclocking thread. It has been proved that the PC is there, paid for and built. I'm finding it hard to believe that a 13 year old kid has managed to put the PC together, if he has and it lasts the distance then, seriously, hats off to him. I am also having slight doubts that the PC is actually his. It might even be his dads, brothers, mum, dogs...whoever. With the amount of crap that has fallen out of his mouth of late, It's gonna take alot for faith to be fully restored in Harjun.
#83 - Jakg
Pictures don't mean that much (ie the 8800GTX pic - gimme an hour and i could have up to £2k's worth of PC equipment in a photo, most of which not bieng mine), but i don't think he's that pathetic.

I do find it a little... odd that he built it with absolutely no "z0mg where to plug this lead in" posts, but i'd imagine that a quick bit of Googling will get you an answer in a few seconds
#84 - Mc21
really i would of waited for the 8800gt to come out, 17% less performance than the GTX, and 512mb of ram too. so really i would of waited until mid nov when all the new components are out to buy.
#85 - mr_x
And who can forget him thinking superglue is a good substitute for Thermal Paste?

I find it too hard to believe he's built it especially after the overclocking thread and not having a clue what he was doing.

Quote from harjun :And im not spoilt, if i was spoilt i would have got a Q6600

You ARE spoilt... Your parents have just bought you a £700 computer...
Quote from mr_x :And who can forget him thinking superglue is a good substitute for Thermal Paste?

Never, thats gone down in history in the Top 10 Stupidest Ideas/Posts list
What about him thinking blu-tac would do it?

Priceless!
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :you still dont get what nice is trying to say do you.

To put it simply, what he is trying to say (i believe) is that he worked hard to earn what he has now, and when he DID get it, he was very appreciative (sp?) of it. But you, just came straight on here, saying "as if im gonna sit here with this 2.0ghz pile of..." . IMO, that just has all the "spoilt brat!" signs flying about everywhere.

you were the ones saying it was bottleneck!
Quote from Jakg :Pictures don't mean that much (ie the 8800GTX pic - gimme an hour and i could have up to £2k's worth of PC equipment in a photo, most of which not bieng mine), but i don't think he's that pathetic.

I do find it a little... odd that he built it with absolutely no "z0mg where to plug this lead in" posts, but i'd imagine that a quick bit of Googling will get you an answer in a few seconds

i used the videos you gave me on ebuyer and the instructions by bumckeeccity...only hard bit i didnt really know was the on/off stuff on the mobo, but i looked in the P5K guide, the heatsink comes with 3 lines on it by the way, harddrives coming today, ill install win. xp, and ill tell you what you want about it, also, if i didn't build it, why is it still my same "brown" finger which is in most of the pictures, and yes, the last 3 pictures have a different carpet in them, because i took it to my house on my bike...the monitor, and the built PC., from where everything was built and delivered.

Thank you Jakg, at least someone is being nice, that just picking on some little 13 year old kid, and you say you're mature, lol.
This isn't racist by any means but, if you're actually from kenya or where-ever, pretty much every person has darker skin, and you could have had help. Brother, sister, parent.. goldfish..

And we're not being nice, we're being Honest. Please go for overclock to 301337Ghz from the standard of whatever you got, watch the performance...and the whole room.. go sky high. You're parents wouldn't be proud
Harjun, you seem to have totally missed the point which has pissed people off. You have built a nice PC and spent a lot of money, no one really cares who paid for it the point is that a lot of people cannot afford to spend that kind of cash.

So when you start saying things that imply that your just going to overclock a shitty dual core 2ghz cpu and it doesn't matter if you break it because it only cost £50 quid and you can just get a £160 cpu to replace it, it just makes people think, "what a spoilt little brat".

That’s over £200 you're talking about, I wish I had £200 to spend then I could upgrade but I can't afford it.

Just appreciate what you have more and take care of it.
yay, harddrives come, just installed it in, installing xp i wonder what fps i get in LFS, ill tell you guys, look, if i've annoyed you, im really sorry, i honestly didn't mean any harm, please just forgive me.

THANKS JACK for all your help!
-
(harjun) DELETED by harjun
Quote from harjun :yes Jakg...even i know that. And well, i really can't be stupid to make a computer

Everything either clips or screws together and you have to squeeze a bit of paste, that's hardly some major engineering feat and it's not as though you choose the parts or saved for it either. TBH Harjun I think your pathetic, I've only ever had one laptop of my own which is 3 years old and use on a daily basis I look after it well and have no intention of blowing it up, yes I had it bought for me, perhaps I should have saved for it, but I've been extremely grateful for it and don't just expect another one when I fancy.
Quote from harjun :Got it all running now, heres that thing you asked for

Punni Pharmacy? You work at a pharmacy?! O_O
-
What? The one on High Street?
So the pharmacy you worked at to earn money is your dad's?

That explains how a 13 year-old can do that.
-
Nah, just messing with you using my Google-given powers.
How's the monitor? I'm looking at 22" monitors now, wondering if I should invest; At 19" now.
Quote from mcintyrej :How's the monitor? I'm looking at 22" monitors now, wondering if I should invest; At 19" now.

its really nice, for LFS you can run nice FOV, my Hyundai for £150 goes really well with my gfx card, far nicer than the 19", but make sure you pick up a widescreen, really really cool

Finally got the computer :)
(148 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG