The online racing simulator
old one...
(33 posts, started )
old one...
Great find.
Lol, how did you manage to find that site
Anyway, lol 32 mb file size too, a lot has changed since that time I see.
Ahh yes, I remember downloading LFS around that time, ran so amazing on my PC, no game could touch it. Now everything has evolved soo much, although I like how the game download size is still SOO small. Take a look at other game demos, they are nearly 1gig these days.
~Bryan~
Oh noes, that site will keep me busy for the whole night, thanks a lot.
Anyone got this? I would love to have a blast on it
#8 - troy
Anyone who has got the file from fileplanet, can you please upload it to a separate mirror?
#11 - troy
Thanks
Could almost run on my server rig, lol just need ~200 more mhz...

I may have to go d/l this thing.
Haha, I did test it, just to compare to what we have now and what we had then.

It`s great to see that the LFS development have been this great over the years, it shows just how much time and effort the DEV`s have made in this game. And just look on the graphics, they is a lot better than they was on that time.

I think we can compare this to what we have now, and what we will have in S3. Since S3 will come with new graphics as far as I understanded. So, I`ll happely wait for S3
for some reason i get really bad performance with that demo
about 30-40 fps, where i get 90-120 in S2
i like the speedo... hehe.
too bad they dont work
I think V-Sync is on, i couldn't find an option to turn it off and I either had a solid 40FPS or a solid 60FPS.
#17 - Jakg
I got a lower FPS, i also get about 45 with max number of AI (and AA etc...)
well i get that when playing alone...and no, its not vsync since my screen runs @ 100hz.
Ahhh yes, nearly 4 months after I joined . It conjours up being able to go on the "gravel" and it acted like tarmac still . Also the old BL rally x track was awesomer(this is so a word!) the last turns were better imo less bendy and more straight action! also no engine damage.
That demo was before I had ever heard of LFS. That demo... is WAY before I have heard of LFS, it looks, very dated now... the graphics aren't really that bad, but it's the shape of things, and the layout of the menu's and things, that make it look old, to me. Besides the LFS icon, and the background Image which strangly looks like the CALL OF DUTY text
Tested it, and I get max 30 fps ^^
Hehe, they have done a great job with the game engine since that time
I had 100fps
Then you better have a good computer, because I seems to get under half of what I get on S2. And it doesn`t seem to flow right eighter, but at that time I belive we couldn`t demand more
I remember getting an increase in FPS when we went from S1 (demo for me) to S2 demo release. But then again, with my very poor PC (beat the minimum specs by 67 mhz ) 15 FPS was much smoother in S1 demo than 25 was in S2 demo.

And FTR, I do have S1 demo installed on that old computer that my daughter plays. Pulling the 16 mb ATI Rage card and staying with the 11 mb onboard nets her about 35 FPS on that Celeron 667.
Quote from The Very End :Then you better have a good computer, because I seems to get under half of what I get on S2. And it doesn`t seem to flow right eighter, but at that time I belive we couldn`t demand more

It's not very good PC at all, I couldn't tell you the specs, but it is not a new PC, old processor, old GFX card, not a P4 with 8800GT and all that shit. Really, it's low spec.

old one...
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG