The online racing simulator
Get Rid of the Passengers
(33 posts, started )
#1 - Ilpav
What's the point of having a choice of putting passengers in your car? I know maybe because it can give some people a handicap, and makes it more realistic, but I don't get why the devs waste time on that? I know they are finished with it, but when they were making that option, they could have made a whole new car.
+1
I don`t see the use for passengers
#3 - Woz
The passenger code has beeen there forever so it has not really cost anything on dev recently (At least in the past 3+ years).

It was probably added early on as handycap and also for testing the cars reaction etc.

There is no harm it being left in from what I can see.
Quote from Woz :

exactly.
it can be useful to get closer to a real world car (weight, HP/ton) or just do some leagues with it.
i dont see the point why it should be removed, it does no harm as long as u dont use this feature.
Quote from Ilpav :What's the point of having a choice of putting passengers in your car? I know maybe because it can give some people a handicap, and makes it more realistic, but I don't get why the devs waste time on that? I know they are finished with it, but when they were making that option, they could have made a whole new car.

+1
Quote from Ilpav :What's the point of having a choice of putting passengers in your car? I know maybe because it can give some people a handicap, and makes it more realistic, but I don't get why the devs waste time on that? I know they are finished with it, but when they were making that option, they could have made a whole new car.

Your argument is that it took the devs extra time to put the passengers in the sim, and that time could have been used elsewhere.
Fair enough, but now the passengers are there, you want them to spend more time getting rid of them
The rear passengers, yes. I'm hoping that we'll be forced to have a single passenger when (and I'm hinting at the devs here ) we get point-to-point rally courses
Quote from Woz :The passenger code has beeen there forever so it has not really cost anything on dev recently (At least in the past 3+ years).

It was probably added early on as handycap and also for testing the cars reaction etc.

And it was kind of allready there because they made a function you can sit on the left or on the right. Not to much work to make you sit on both sides and in the back to then.
#9 - Woz
Quote from marzman :And it was kind of allready there because they made a function you can sit on the left or on the right. Not to much work to make you sit on both sides and in the back to then.

Good point, this is why it was added without question.

Quote from Dajmin :The rear passengers, yes. I'm hoping that we'll be forced to have a single passenger when (and I'm hinting at the devs here ) we get point-to-point rally courses

And here is why it should stay.

Why remove the passengers ?
You don't have to use them if you don't want to
#11 - col
how else could all 3 devs sit in the same car ?

Passengers are just things that idiots use to mess around. Take them out.

Maybe for rally races but surely not on circuits.
Passangers are great for learning LX.
While adding weight can help with grip, adding another person balances the LX6 very nicely without much need for thinkering.
This is how I learned to control and tame the beast.
When you are ready, you take the passanger out.

Instead of taking them out, I'd suggest to add a command or script for High 5's when you do something good/dangerous/win, etc
Nothing beats a high 5 from a passanger
Don't see the problem with leaving them in. Noone's making you use them! Plus, if you load up your XRT or XRG with people and set it up like it's a big sluggish family car you can have awesome fun in spec races
Hey, noone drives the MRT and RAC online. Let's throw them out too.
Agree! In fact, throw everything out except a few. Keep FOX to be used only at Aston Club and GTRs limited only to Aston National. That should make just about everyone happy.
Quote from GFresh :Your argument is that it took the devs extra time to put the passengers in the sim, and that time could have been used elsewhere.
Fair enough, but now the passengers are there, you want them to spend more time getting rid of them

couldnt say it better myself
#18 - halo
Quote from Hankstar :if you load up your XRT or XRG with people and set it up like it's a big sluggish family car you can have awesome fun in spec races

Another IRL similarity in LFS.
We could get rid of the improvements suggestions forum too, it's largely superfluous. I'll throw my DVD drive in the bin too seeing as I only watch divxs.

Loose the passengers seech you want to spoil all the fun, haven't you heard of a hoe down? Thats the best fun in LFS
+1 i never saw any use in them
Some people just keep amazing me with their logic. Or well, lack of it.
So throw out the passengers because they took time for the dev's to implement... Hmm
#24 - Woz
Can't believe this thread is still going and that people are still asking for them removed. We KNOW why they are there and we KNOW they have been there forever.

If the car has the seats then let people put passengers in them.

What a pointless waste of time and effort to remove them.
Jeez, it's like saying "remove the blue and green colour sliders because I only drive red cars". Come on.

If you don't LIKE passengers, don't USE them :zombie: Leaving them alone is easier than removing them. If they were removed, who would like to bet against a thread appearing the very next day entitled "ZOMFG where are t3h passengers put them back"?

(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG