A motorbike sim??
(17 posts, started )
A motorbike sim??
I was wondering if there were any realy good Motorcycle simulators

Deos anyone know of such a thing,

were you dont use a controller??

Caus dad says al thsoe thing feel fake in his opinion,
So whoi can help me out??(
The only decent bike sims on PC are Superbike 2001 and GP500 (which has problems running under XP). On PS2, there's TT Superbikes (the lsle of Man game). All of them have their quirks.

Tourist Trophy and Super-Bikes: Riding Challenge aren't worth your time if you're looking for realistic handling.

As for motorcycle motion simulators in the same vein as the Force Dynamics simulator, I'm not aware of any. If they exist, I'm sure they would be priced similarly to the Force Dynamics.
On the PC? Not a clue.

But GP'07 on the 360 is pretty good. It's not a sim in the way LFS is, but I think it handles pretty well. One stick is for acceleration and braking, the other is for body weight transfer. I think it works.
I've only played the demo, but it'd be enough to make me pick up the full game if I was into bikes. And the proper GP mode is bastard hard too
Quote from Dajmin :On the PC? Not a clue.

Byut GP'07 on the 360 is pretty good. It's not a sim in the way LFS is, but I think it handles pretty well. One stick is for acceleration and braking, the other is for body weight transfer. I think it works.

You can also control front/rear brakes independantly which really adds fun (and a teeny-tiny bit of realism).
I've played at least a few of the THQ MotoGP games and was always disappointed with the physics. They're purely screenshot generators.
Quote from Forbin :I've played at least a few of the THQ MotoGP games and was always disappointed with the physics. They're purely screenshot generators.

i liked the "old" ones of em with all settings to sim and sometimes some mods activated.
but i have never tried any other bike "sim" so i dont have nothing to compare
that nKp bike sim could be pretty cool.
#10 - Jakg
...it won't be anywhere near reality without a controller you actually have to ride.
...nor if the view is that static leaning at a 45 degree angle. When you actually ride a bike, you don't leave your head perpendicular to the lean of the bike.
Quote from mrodgers :...nor if the view is that static leaning at a 45 degree angle. When you actually ride a bike, you don't leave your head perpendicular to the lean of the bike.

which as i found out recently has nothing to do with how you percieve the world ... at least if i tilt my head everything is still right way up

gforces and the direction in which you feel the pull of the earth governs in what way you see the horizon
Quote from Shotglass :which as i found out recently has nothing to do with how you percieve the world ... at least if i tilt my head everything is still right way up

gforces and the direction in which you feel the pull of the earth governs in what way you see the horizon

What happens if you're in an airplane at the peak of a tight outside loop pulling negative G's?

The plane is straight and level at the peak, but you're "hanging" by the harness (or seatbelt) as if you were upside down.

@deggis: Interesting. Definitely something to keep an eye on.
Quote from Forbin :What happens if you're in an airplane at the peak of a tight outside loop pulling negative G's?

The plane is straight and level at the peak, but you're "hanging" by the harness (or seatbelt) as if you were upside down.

dunno yet but ill tell you as soon as a friend of mine has the 300 hours under his belt that are a requirement to do an aerobatics licence (and as such the prerquisite to fly a plane with an engine that doesnt die from something as relaxed as 0g)

what i can tell you however is that if you do a turn in an aeroplane thats at 90-100° bank you actually see the horizon vertically in front of you which feels completely different from what you see when you just tilt your head to the side
It doesn't matter what you perceive when you ride a motorcycle. The fact is, you do not hold your head stiff to the lean of the bike. The view is level, or near level because you would tilt your head near level when you lean.
Quote from Shotglass :dunno yet but ill tell you as soon as a friend of mine has the 300 hours under his belt that are a requirement to do an aerobatics licence (and as such the prerquisite to fly a plane with an engine that doesnt die from something as relaxed as 0g)

what i can tell you however is that if you do a turn in an aeroplane thats at 90-100° bank you actually see the horizon vertically in front of you which feels completely different from what you see when you just tilt your head to the side

I've seen some videos of the RedBull air racing, you know, where they race aerobatic planes on a pylon course. I find the pilots still try to keep the eyes more or less level to the horizon even during 90° banked turns. It's much like motorcyclists who try to keep head level when leaning.

Of course they couldn't do that at the top of a loop!

A motorbike sim??
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG