The online racing simulator
#1 - Cawwa
Things to change for the next race
What should we change to the next race? Post in this thread please.
The race should be a bit shorter. Something about 80-90min.
More cars so that I have something to fight against
1. Shorter race time
2. Drive-Thru McDonalds
3. If you telepit out from quali (say after ramming your car into a wall), you may not return to the track for more laps
#4 - Cawwa
The race time is around 90 minutes, at least for the coming race. No need to change the laps imo.

I really like that suggestion about not continue with your qualifying after a crash.
Quote from Cawwa :The race time is around 90 minutes, at least for the coming race. No need to change the laps imo.

I really like that suggestion about not continue with your qualifying after a crash.

Thank him, not me.
#6 - Cawwa
Thanks him ...
#7 - Cawwa
I would like to see a rolling start for the next race.

Do you think it's possible to do this without a pace car? It would be up to the pole sitter to have a good speed around the first track. A GREEN GREEN command will be send in chat (of course you can't block your messages)
I think it would be possible ... I think that will make a few practices before the race.

Will start with the speed limiter on?
How would that be?
+1 for the rolling start (Driving the XRR actually gives a chance there )

but as suggested, a practise run or two might be a good idea, also needs someone to make sure that the pack is close to each others and the GT1 cars won't pull off from the GT2 in the warmup lap.

-1 for the pitlimiter tho, should be able to keep the desired speed by yourself.
-1 for the rolling start - there are always problems with it. Maybe with pace car...
+1 for intake restrictor for Jonesy :P
+1 for pace car
I was thinking we don't need a pace car. Yes of course it would be nifty to have one, but the down side is two: that pace car steals a racing slot and you have to have a driver who wants/can drive it.

I've posted a suggestion for a rolling start procedure and test dates in http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=32484
In the rules it says:
4. General racing rules:
1. If the entrant is to get into an accident, the Entrant is prohibited from using "SHIFT+S" to get back to the pits. You must limp your vehicle to the pits.
1a.The entrant, when limping the vehicle back to the pits, must have their hazard lights on (use the number 9 to turn hazards on, 0 to turn hazards off). The entrant, when limping back to the pits, may not block the race line.

2. Entrant is required to pit at least once during the duration of the race, but cannot pit during the first or last lap of the race. Practice and qualification events are excluded from this rule.

I would like to change this to:
1. Accidents
1a. If the entrant is to get into an accident the entrant, when limping back to the pits, may not block the race line.
1b. If the entrant are not able to limp back to the pits, you may use "SHIFT+P". Your total amount of laps is mended together, however you will get 1 lap penalty.

2. Goes out completely. It's up to you whether you want to pit or not.

Any comments?

EDIT: When the rules was written it was SHIFT+S to telepit. These days it's SHIFT+P though. Changed it in the text.
#14 - need
Sounds reasonable to me, although I'd think you'd want to have something similar to the tracker that the MoE uses, or you'd have to spend a while going over the race replay to check and add-up laps, etc... for anyone who did use Shift-P.
Yes I have contact with the lfs-tracker guy, wolleT. Hopefully we can use it for the next race.
Yes, sounds reasonable, but personally I would like to see some points penalty for telepit too.
Quote from Cawwa :1b. If the entrant are not able to limp back to the pits, you may use "SHIFT+P". Your total amount of laps is mended together, however you will get 1 lap penalty.

I'm sorry to interrupt this, but I was very interested in this league (you may have enough participants, I don't know), but that really put me off... I was always under the impression that if your car is a wreck, your race is over. Has that somehow changed while I was sleeping? I really expected better from what I think tries to be a premier endurance league, at least judging by the name of it (shortening the races is something else that doesn't fit to the name, but oh well)...
As you can see we are not shortening the races ...

When it comes to telepit (shift+P) I can fully understand your argument.
My suggestion to change it is mainly becourse of the two classes race. It means someone can be taken out by wreckless driving from the other class (goes both ways). Also there are some differenses between the cars when going out on the gravel, the XRR simply get stuck while the others goes away with it. (I admit it's not a heavy argument). Also in these long races it's a pain in the ass to get stuck somewhere or laying on the roof on lap one. All preparations gone.
Also since they use this rule in MoE I wanted to change it here too.

If you can live with this you sure are welcome to join the league ...
Doing some practise today (still can't get a correct set up yet, but closer than when I started) and I think there could be a major problem coming rejoining the race after pits.

So is the ruling that we stay in the pit lane till end, or move over as soon as exit?
You are not allowed to cross that yellow line!!
Quote from Cawwa :In the rules it says:
1b. If the entrant are not able to limp back to the pits, you may use "SHIFT+P". Your total amount of laps is mended together, however you will get 1 lap penalty.

I propose to have this rule changed as well:

Existing rule:
7. If for some reason the player gets disconnected, they are allowed to join and spectate in the server but not to participate in the race.

My proposal:
7. If for some reason the player gets disconnected, they are allowed ONCE to rejoin the race. Your total amount of laps is mended together, however you will get 2 laps penalty.

Reason: Any of us can get PC or internet troubles and for some racers even a 2 lap penalty still would keep them on a decent race position.
Once only because it can be pretty anoying for the ppl . on the server if somebody simply doesn´t have a good enough internet connection and he´d connect and disconnect all the time during a race.

Regards R.Kolz
In the race last Madpitbull lost connections on lap 7 and was able to connect again a few seconds later. Not exactly lost whether that rule out well ...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG