The online racing simulator
Unlockable S1
(166 posts, closed, started )
Are you racing against AI, with races longer than 3 laps? If you are, then there is a problem. If not, then try. 'Pro' AI = more points.
Actually, I'm getting the "Unlocking Error" also. I'm trying to unlock 0.5Q, and it just says that really quickly after I hit enter with my username/GAME password.
The master server would be pointing to the wrong place.

Has anyone tryed making a hosts file to route old server to new?
Quote from Secondaries :Actually, I'm getting the "Unlocking Error" also. I'm trying to unlock 0.5Q, and it just says that really quickly after I hit enter with my username/GAME password.

I'll poke around at things and see whats going on. I'm 99% sure that its the patched executable is fine and that its the master which isn't answering as the old versions expect. Unfortunately theres not much I can be bothered to do about that tbh.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :The master server would be pointing to the wrong place.

Has anyone tryed making a hosts file to route old server to new?

No, these are patched with the latest master address. And again no because you can't do that for IP addresses, only name resolution, which is only preformed in the newer versions of LFS.
any chance of making 0.5p unlockable? (mekanik?)
Nowadays i tried an older s2 version (s2p, http://www.gamershell.com/download_9705.shtml), because i wanted to watch a former league race, but i wasn't able to unlock. The game wanted to connect to 82.44.126.169. So it seems like in S1, ip address is hard coded into S2p as well. Am i right?
Yes it is hard coded in earlier versions (prior to 0.5W, if I remember correctly).
Quote from the_angry_angel :Yes it is hard coded in earlier versions (prior to 0.5W, if I remember correctly).

Thanks. And really According to one of your previous posts i searched for the wrong ip both in text and in hex, chenged them, and it works.
Quote from gergo :Thanks. And really According to one of your previous posts i searched for the wrong ip both in text and in hex, chenged them, and it works.

Glad it works for you :up:
still, how can i change the IP address and unlock?
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :still, how can i change the IP address and unlock?

Open the relevant LFS.exe in a hex editor, find the old IP address in ASCII and replace it with the new one. You then find it in it's hexidecimal representation and replace that. You then save it.

The offsets (where it is in the exe) changes with each patch so I can't tell you where they are.

I honestly can't remember what the old IP is off the top of my head either. Just look for something that looks like an IP and you've probably got it.
In S2P the ip address was 82.44.126.169. But i don't know if it was the only one old ip, or they have had changed a few times.

But a possible way to find out what the given lfs.exe use is running TCPView from sysinternals. (http://www.microsoft.com/techn ... s/Networking/TcpView.mspx) This is a great free program. (sysinternals has a lot of excellent small freeware utilities) It will show you all the connections your computer establishes or tries to, and hopefuly lfs will be among them.

Another possibility is to extract lfs to a new folder, and if you have a personal firewall that is operating in learning mode, it will show you that a new program is trying to communicate a remote computer, and shows the ip, and wait for you to accept, or reject. At least my kerio works this way.
Sorry to *****BUMP***** this thread but, could some-one send some replays. If you can please send different replays with all the different cars in. I know this is abit of a cunning plan, but you can "test drive" a car...(i have s2 but not s1 so i can`t unlock the cars properly). So i will still get to feel all of the old cars without having to unlock s1 onto the game, because i can`t, with my s2 license ...thanks

-Sam
Quote from samforey12345 :Sorry to *****BUMP***** this thread but, could some-one send some replays. If you can please send different replays with all the different cars in. I know this is abit of a cunning plan, but you can "test drive" a car...(i have s2 but not s1 so i can`t unlock the cars properly). So i will still get to feel all of the old cars without having to unlock s1 onto the game, because i can`t, with my s2 license ...thanks

1. you cant watch replay with cars that arent unlocked on your copy of lfs (i could point out that scawen is not as ... whatever as kunos but i wont)
2. a s2 licence includes the ability to unlock at s1 licence level
Just installed S1 0.3H with H6 patch.
When LFS is loading, it says "Error Initialising - Sound"
Evidently.. no sound or whatsoever ingame.
I don't use Vista.
Quote from Shotglass :1. you cant watch replay with cars that arent unlocked on your copy of lfs (i could point out that scawen is not as ... whatever as kunos but i wont)
2. a s2 licence includes the ability to unlock at s1 licence level

Aha, it might be VISTA that is at fault here, then... When i try to un-lock it comes up saying "unlock error" or somthing...Thanks anyway.
How about making 0.5P? It would be really nice to play with the Mecanik!
Quote from milkkis :How about making 0.5P? It would be really nice to play with the Mecanik!

yes, that would be good (sorrry bout the HUGE bump, but i want the mekanik!)
there you get it
PS : I can open server in O.5Q, Join server "LFS v0.5q Server" in demo
0.5P added. Tested and working.
Thanks you
I was strangely need
(sorry for the double post)

Grrrrrr
Why put his "Unlocking Error" ? There is a need for me to do its fair at the moment I need it
Attached images
error.png
my guess is that you have a patch Q installation with with the patch P exe, and patch P abc file.
Heya all. Im JW, will this unlock the S1 licence? Or Do i have to buy it. Im kinda new to LFS
This thread is closed

Unlockable S1
(166 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG