The online racing simulator
No, the rules are already complex enough
Quote from danowat :No, the rules are already complex enough

Hardly complex is it? All the points from FZ5 drivers get added up, and all the points from RAC drivers get added up..
I like the addition of success ballast . few questions though:

Can we drop our worst round?

Whats the ruling on DSC?
You have mentioned DNF & DSQ. I propose that if a driver gets disconnected during the race through no fault of his own. He should receive some points provided he has completed a certain percentage of the race. I always feel sorry for those who get disco'ed during a league race as it has happened to me in the past & I know how frustrating it can be :banghead:.
Yup, it's frustrating, but thems the breaks unfortunately, no points for DSC.

I personally don't like the "drop worse round" thing, IMO every round you race in, you race for points.
I agree with Dan, part of racing has always been a bit of luck, and a bit of bad luck, so you can just treat your Disconnection as a 'technical' problem with the car, although when Damage is more implicated into LFS, I can see disconnections becoming even MORE frustrating..
Quote from danowat :

I personally don't like the "drop worse round" thing, IMO every round you race in, you race for points.

Just because you drop one of your rounds does'nt mean your not racing for points every round. Anyways it's your call .
Quote from danowat :

Quite true, but you need to consider there's bloody real life involved and mix up your plans for racing .
IMHO it's good to have "drop worse round" thing just if some emergency comes up, you still have a shot at podium finish at the and of the season.
Can someone explain to me again this drop worst round thing?
You drop your worse round, its as simple as it sounds, and I don't like it

I do understand about real life, but Vain missed at least 3 events in RSSC2 and he still came 3rd overall LOL
what Advantage does dropping a result give you ?:S i don't understand...
Means you can miss one event and not lose any points (in theory)
The way I would prefer it to work is that you can only pick an event that you actually started as the one to discount.

This way it encourages people to attend every race, but basically covers everyone for 1 random disconnect or poor result throughout the season.
Quote from danowat :Means you can miss one event and not lose any points (in theory)

I still don't get it.
I don't... It's just confusing for nothing. If you miss an event, you shouldn't be able to score points anyway I don't understand, if you drop your worst result, It just seems pointless to discard a result... Even if it is a DNF, you still get the same amount of points, or NO points, what is the point... Just added work for the organisers -1 tbh (and i still don't understand it anyway )
Quote from BlueFlame :I still don't get it.
I don't... It's just confusing for nothing. If you miss an event, you shouldn't be able to score points anyway I don't understand, if you drop your worst result, It just seems pointless to discard a result... Even if it is a DNF, you still get the same amount of points, or NO points, what is the point... Just added work for the organisers -1 tbh (and i still don't understand it anyway )

Because everybody else drops their worst round also.
Quote from BenjiMC :Because everybody else drops their worst round also.

Ok, but everyone dropping their worst result and everyone keeping it means the championship will stay the same either way.... you aren't going to change anything by doing it, other than cause more hassle.. It's just like saying "let all the athletes wear goggles..." Well, you're not going to change anything, because ALL the competitors have to do the same thing, so it still ends up, whoever the best competitor is, wins the championship..
Quote from BlueFlame :Ok, but everyone dropping their worst result and everyone keeping it means the championship will stay the same either way.... you aren't going to change anything by doing it, other than cause more hassle.. It's just like saying "let all the athletes wear goggles..." Well, you're not going to change anything, because ALL the competitors have to do the same thing, so it still ends up, whoever the best competitor is, wins the championship..

It is a good point what you are saying but you need to see the other side too:
It means that you can actually miss one race without actually losing any points. This encourages people to do the whole series because one dnf or dns does won't cost you positions in the final results. If you can do all races you get one chance more to try to get a good result.
I don't totally understand, but I do understand more now.
I still think, if you are more dedicated to the championship, then you should be rewarded with points.. Of course, this means formost that Dan will be #1 for dedication but still without him we wouldn't have this I think and it isn't biassed, it means even crap people like me and Jack can get some extra points, points which are rewarding out dedication.
Quote from BlueFlame :I don't totally understand, but I do understand more now.
I still think, if you are more dedicated to the championship, then you should be rewarded with points.. Of course, this means formost that Dan will be #1 for dedication but still without him we wouldn't have this I think and it isn't biassed, it means even crap people like me and Jack can get some extra points, points which are rewarding out dedication.

[cough] hmmmm
I've been in previous leagues where 2 worst rounds are dropped.
Most other races had to miss some events due to going on holiday or had disconnections. I showed up to all events (no disconnections) and my 2 worst scores where not counted. The other racers where not penalised for their zero scores, my embarrassing results where ignored, hehe.

Anyway, Dan has said no dropped rounds, so move along people
Question!

Regarding yellow flag rules. Are they enforced automatically or does one need to post a complaint after race?

Example: There's a huge crash happening in front of a group of racers. All drivers ease off throttle and maintain their positions through the wreckage. Except one driver who blasts through full throttle and gains positions. If no complaints are raised after a race (it's been a friendly league ), will the driver in question receive a penalty for clearly breaking the virtual safety rules?

I hope I managed to make myself clear. Off to sleep now!
But there is a different between a yellow flag and a WAVED yellow flag.. Which LFS doesn't simulate.
I think we should implicate some kind of saftey rule based on how many cars creating the yellow flag are visible (to the approaching cars) and work something around that, you can always check a replay to see if the person DID see only 1 car or he saw 5.
but in fairness all the drivers in the rsc respect eachother so even if there was a pile up and everyone slowed , no one will come charging through , i havent seen it yet, and i hope not to see it
Via complaint only, I dont have the time to scrutineer each race afterwards.

In your example, if I see it, yes, they can a penalty, if there is a complaint raised, yes, they get a penalty
Quote from danowat :Via complaint only, I dont have the time to scrutineer each race afterwards.

In your example, if I see it, yes, they can a penalty, if there is a complaint raised, yes, they get a penalty

Good call dan, efficient and lazy (i'm joking). I think alot of the times, it is a judgement call on who or why a person should be penalized.
Im pretty sure conversion from gmt to EDT in us is 2:30 pm. not sure though. anyone want to clarify?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG