The online racing simulator
Quote from Scrabby :i bought my PS3 today, GREAT i love motorstorm and i love the demo DL thing
an awsome machine , got a 60Gb version wich aren't made anymore

@ The Very End: 16 is max now

@ Gabkicks: were can i DL it on my fresh PS3?

W00t 16?!
Damn nice ;D

Maybe I should buy a Ps3?
well prices dropped 100€/100€ zo got my 60Gb version for 499€ but as i said be quick cause they stopped making them
EDIT: DL'ing GT HD demo thx to the guide to make a japanese PSN account , ill give some feedback about what my intentions are about the game
Quote from J.B. :Watched it. Physics don't seem to have changed much. No power on oversteer. Weird handling on grass. Exaggerated diving under braking. Silly collisions. Nice graphics.

Yup, basicly stupid to make conclusions from a video but I think in this case when you know the problems in the previous GT games, you can "read" the video quite well. Lack of improvement is no suprise though when it is obviously (even though hype says "all new next-gen physics engine" - bah) based on the same old physics assets from GTHD/GT4.
The demo's pretty good, i dont care about the fact that its not LFS, LFS isnt the bee's knees, every game has its weeknesses and strengths and if you get some pleasure out of it then wheres the harm.

In saying that, going from 8th to 1st in the first lap round Suzuka (first attempt) when theres a pair of Audi R8s and Ferrari F430s up ahead is a little dubious when your in a Nissan GTR, but visually its amazing, and its in the replays when you can look around and see so much more, for me its the inclusion of the insignificant stuff that makes it stand out. The sound is amazing, its quite something when you get alongside an F430 or even a Mustang and you can just feel the power. Only a few of the cars have in-car camera's, although 3 cars are currently locked (one of which is actually covered up, looks kinda Focus RS-esque) and will be unlocked over the next few days, but i found it quite funny that the BMW 135i had Sat Nav on the dashboard

As for 'Japan only'... dont make me laugh
I created my first US account on a mates PS3 before i even had one myself, its pretty much essential if you want the decent demo's and your in Europe as the yanks tend to get everything first as their demos are for 1 language, English, whereas the EU games need to be in 5 or more IIRC, although there have been a couple of items which have appeared to UK account holders and not say Irish, despite no language barriers.
Hopefully GT5 Prologue proper will be available worldwide before Xmas (Dec 12th in Japan, not sure if its worldwide though).
well i DL'ed it from my Japanese PSN account but i dont have color :P, how do i get color? xD
Seriously??
If you not taking the biscuit, then i can only assume its down to PAL/NTSC issues, if your TV can handle both then i dunno what problem you have, if it cant then i do know
Somehow im sad i canot play this i cant aford a ps3 its to expensive.

But those grapichs are mindblowing!!

who has played and can say what the physics are like?
Doesn't look that convincing to me (sound off, I'm at work). I think even GT2 would look like that with a decent pedals and wheel set, and the right options. The car looks pretty dead. And that man has silly wriggly feet
well he ain't racing 65hp renaults.

i tried the game with my G25 but i cant understand shªt, i don't know how to turn pro mode on, remove the assistances, enable clutch etc... But that video driving "sounded" alright
did you try the tutorials online or search gtplanet.net?
will do

thanks
well how do i get color for god sake anyone can help me?
my brother downloaded it
drove it with a game pad ,i love itbut it's wierd driving with a gamepad ,
wonder how it drives with his wheel
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :jesus, is that real?!?!?!!?

I belive it is
GT has allways been one of those games that have justyfied the power of the PS at their time. And now we are finaly seeing what Ps3 is capeable to
Quote from The Very End :I belive it is
GT has allways been one of those games that have justyfied the power of the PS at their time. And now we are finaly seeing what Ps3 is capeable to

Jup i can say the graphics are simply stuning

Like a slap in microsoft's face haha now lets se what they come up with
#43 - DeKo
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Jup i can say the graphics are simply stuning

Like a slap in microsoft's face haha now lets se what they come up with

Forza and PGR, tbh. maybe not as good graphically, but i can bet that forza is better to drive than GT.
I'd risk a bet on that aswell... PGR4 is one big joke tho...
Quote from DeKo :Forza and PGR, tbh. maybe not as good graphically, but i can bet that forza is better to drive than GT.

Both those games are equality bad/good as GT.
Whel i have to say ive played al of them forza 2 PGR and GT5 prologe

And i say FM2 and PGR are drivingwise beter games then GT5

but as far as grapics go PGR is liking GT5's feet
yeah i doubt there's tire deformation..
#49 - J.B.
Quote from Madman_CZ :
Surely if they go to such lengths to make the game look as real as possible it would be stupid not include tyre deformation???

Before getting to that stage they would first need an advanced tyre model. From what I've seen of part 5 I don't think they have any intention of going there.
Quote from Madman_CZ :Surely if they go to such lengths to make the game look as real as possible it would be stupid not include tyre deformation???

Actually, you'd probably be the stupid one for thinking that, only on the basis that people expect the best looking graphics on a next-gen console, most people couldnt give two hoots about deforming tyres and would never give it a moments thought.

You'd be barking up the wrong tree really, console games arent about being exact replicas of reality, they need to appeal to a wide audience, spending so much time on something 99% of those people wouldnt appreciate is stupid. Maybe the die hard sim racing fan wont consider it, but then whats new there, the sim community is tiny compared to general gaming and lets be honest, the sim community is pretty arrogant and up its own backside anyway. All games pretend their perfect, but their not and they never will be, Console titles give their audience what they think is important, pretty graphics, nice sound, and decent entertainment value, they make noises about realism and for the most part its very good, but they'll never fill in all the missing peices correctly, its not worth their while because their audience wont appreciate/notice it.

I cant wait for GT5, or prologue proper, so its not perfect, but i dont care about that, i just want to drive a F430 round nordschleife and stuff like that.
Eitherway, its all about having fun, were in the LFS Forum argueing about a game that is missing key features, anyone else choking on the irony?

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue Demo out on saturday
(108 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG