The online racing simulator
Problems setting up a Multiplayer game
When I set up a game my racing buddy can't see the game in the list of games. We tried the same with him setting up a game but I could not see his game either. We are both on the same game version is there anything we could be doing wrong?
Thanks very much mate I'll check it out
I just went through it but it looks all a bit above me... I dont want to host a dedicated server but just be able to start a quick game... I'll talk to a few guys a little more knowledgeable than myself and see if I can nut it out - Thanks for pointing me in the right direction
Thanks the_angry_angel, kat0san & I have now managed to get a game going after I set up my port forwarding & stuff. Very informative thread you've got happening there. Great work.
Glad it's working :up:
#7 - Venus
More than likely, its one of two things. Either, you have not closed your firewall (zone alaram doesn't seem to know about lfs, even if you tell it about it). Or, if you have a modem router, you have not setup the port forwarding in the router.

Both are pretty simple to do fortunately. For firewall, exit it

For Port Forwarding... then very simply, go here.

http://www.portforward.com/eng ... orwarding/routerindex.htm

Now; its quite simple really, pick your modem router from the list, on next page, pick Live for Speed game, then follow the instructions (ignore static IP), instead look up setting DMZ for your router.

Then it should work fine.

Easiest way to run a server is simply download Dedigui, just click the options you want ie track/cars etc n launch server... couldn't be easier.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG