The online racing simulator
the 'do you skate thread'
(22 posts, started )
do you like to skate? how good are you? and whats the best/biggest thing you ever done? and how often do you skate?

i love to skate
im OK not to good but not horrible i guess
the biggest thing i did was a 9 stair
and i skate every day but ive only skated for about 7 months
Nope.
Quote from iluuv2sk8 :do you like to skate?

I use to a long time ago, but I'd like to teach my kids now.

Quote :how good are you?

I was ok. Wasn't the best and wasn't the worst. I wasn't ever very good at stopping.

Quote :and whats the best/biggest thing you ever done?

The best thing I ever did was deke out one of the really really good guys who went on to college to skate and scored.

Quote :and how often do you skate?

Like I said, I don't any more. But when I did, we would skate from the time we got out of school until about midnight as soon as the ponds froze over

Oh! I guess you don't mean real skating, as in what you do when you play hockey!
I think he's talking about skateboarding there, Mike

I can't "sk8." Never could. Gimme a pair of ice skates, on the other hand, and.. uhh.. well, I'm decent. I can't stop with my left foot leading, but aside from that I'm pretty stellar. I just hope I don't have any kids so I don't have to teach them. I'd rather spend the time driving a nice car that I can afford because I don't have any kids.

I skated a bit when I was a nipper, I was quite rubbish. When I was a bit older and moved to a shore town I surfed and I was quite rubbish at that too. Luckily my knees started to suffer a bit so that made me stop, rather than drowning making me stop.
If I listened to my body everytime it complained when I was doing physical excersize I'd be one fat slob! Mashed up knee, misaligned shoulder geometry, and chronic neck/back/tailbone problems... I'm in rough shape for a 20-year-old who has not had any real misfortunes.

Squash and biking are too fun to give up
#7 - (SaM)
I used to do alot of rollerblading with my Roces. The main enjoyment came from high-speed runs downhill with my sister near my village when I lived with my parents. Also the occasional jump over/from stuff. Never did any halfpipes though.. because before I was getting at a good level, my feet were already way too big and I had massively outgrown the Roces.
Since then, I've been having a really hard time finding shoes in my size, let alone rollerblades.

I'm size 14(US)/47(EU).
I'm too fat too sk8, but I still enjoy smashing into lamposts on BMX's from time to time.
I have tryed it, and did'nt like it. I think the main reason was getting hit by a Mercedes Vito when i was 12 having a go on them

I do like ice skating though.
i do since i was 12 biggest thing 12 set im 15 now and still sk8 everyday my biggest fail the 12 set broke my anlke but i went back and made it
I used to skate a lot, but that's like 25 years ago.
#12 - wark
I've been skating occasionally for about 8 years. Used to skate all over Hollywood with my friends. Never even bothered jumping over crap, really... biggest thing I ever did was ol'e up a curb.

Best thing I ever did was not eat it trying.

Now it's just an alternate mode of secondary transportation when a bicycle is too big (I drive a Mini).
after i saw Scarred from mtv i prefer to stay calm
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :i do since i was 12 biggest thing 12 set im 15 now and still sk8 everyday my biggest fail the 12 set broke my anlke but i went back and made it

nice thats pretty sick. one of my friends just broke his wrist skateing didnt see the fall. but i wish i could have
yes but I can't stop.
Used to skate a lot with my friends ages ago. We all sucked at tricks but had great fun using our boards like street luges and finding stupid hills to race down, or exploring the local drainage system with them. Not dangerous at all really :zombie: It's all about bikes for me these days though - being able to go up hills is invaluable
Quote from Hankstar :Used to skate a lot with my friends ages ago. We all sucked at tricks but had great fun using our boards like street luges and finding stupid hills to race down......

I responded earlier joking around about skating playing hockey. But what Hankstar wrote was me as well. I was there when the skating of today was born. When I skated, I was about as good as Tony Hawk, simply because I was probably on a skateboard before he was, or skated for the first time around the time he went his first run on a board .

Yeah, we didn't do much skating. It was more running down hills like street luges as Hankstar pointed out .

I was too busy playing Basketball (I sucked) in the summers and hockey (I wasn't too bad) in the winters to bother much with skating.
LOL good times Back when I was attempting to skate, everyone rode fishtail boards, wore those huge Vision Street Wear shirts and Christian Slater made kickass films like Gleaming The Cube and Pump Up The Volume

SICK.
Missed me by 6 months.... I figure I gotta grow up sometime. :weeping:

My son does. LOL and he had a compound open fracture to prove it .
I wasn't there when he did it, I got there right after, But he was trying to kick flip up three steps and the truck hung up on the top step and... yuck! He broke both bones in his left forearm. His arm looked like one of them old Egyptian pictures. Then he was whacked out on Vicadan a few days later and made an ass of himself on a friends server

But with skateboarding we knew ahead of time it's not IF you get hurt, but WHEN you get hurt.........

I started skating at 4. I had an old NASH with metal wheels and totally non functional rollerskate trucks. In the 70's, I had this plastic "jaws" board with this metal tail skid that made these really cool sparks. In the 80's I had a santa cruz similar to what Hankstar was talking about. It had gull wing trucks and Lime green Krypto 70's. (I still have this board, It's supposed to be worth $$$) My last board is a 151 with indy's and spitfires. I don't know what the bearings are as my son decided the ones I had was too slow and changed them.
I used to do a bit of skating but I was more of a surfer, growing up on the coast and all. I had more respect for the freestyle skaters, especially Rodney Mullen (he's also in Gleaming the Cube, as a 'stunt double' for Christian Slater- basically, he does all the tricks). I had a freestyle board cut down from a street board, with the proper f/style trucks and wheels. I wasn't a great skater but I could do kickflips, shoveits, 180o Ollies, heaps of 360s, and some other freestylee tricks...
I still have my old fishtail Vision from very early '90s. I don't even dare step on it anymore...I would brake my bones Anyone want to buy?
I did skate...

my wheels were like this:

|/ and \|

I do Iceskate now... =)

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG