The online racing simulator
MPR smooth option
(7 posts, started )
#1 - Chaos
MPR smooth option
What about a option to have the MPRs smoothed out when played? I imagine it could be just a math routine that would smooth out the lines the cars take, so we would not see them "jump". It would be nice for making vids and when showing LFS to someone... (difficult to answer when the guy asks why the cars jump...)
And leave it as an option because of leagues and appeals, where the admins need to see wheter it was a lag or something else...
In addition to this I would also like to see interpolation to be done to the wheel position both when watching a MP replay and when viewing another player's car from incar view. I like to keep the look function at steer and the 'look sensitivity' at a rather high value but when viewing other players cars from incar view the 'jumpyness' of the steering wheel causes the view to rapidly snap from side to side too which is quite annoying to watch.
Quote from Clownpaint :Replays need to take up less memory imo, so we don't have to turn every detail to minimum and make lfs a tiny window just to get a decent framerate when making a movie. I'm trying to make a movie at the moment but all the clips I'm using look awful because they are so jumpy.

Replays need to take up more memory, so that every car position is saved every physics frame, so that we can simply step through the replay how we like, forward and back, and render each frame as a still... In NASCAR Racing and Papyrus I used to do 36fps renders of replays at full detail, which would take about 3 seconds per frame to do, but looked absolutely perfect (rendered them at 1280x1024 so I could do them anamorphic DVD quality).

No need to capture at running speed with Fraps that way... No lost frames, and smooth as silk, since you're rendering every frame, one by one.
Quote from TagForce :Replays need to take up more memory, so that every car position is saved every physics frame, so that we can simply step through the replay how we like, forward and back, and render each frame as a still... In NASCAR Racing and Papyrus I used to do 36fps renders of replays at full detail, which would take about 3 seconds per frame to do, but looked absolutely perfect (rendered them at 1280x1024 so I could do them anamorphic DVD quality).

No need to capture at running speed with Fraps that way... No lost frames, and smooth as silk, since you're rendering every frame, one by one.

My computer is now in a sulk having read that...
Quote from Kegetys :In addition to this I would also like to see interpolation to be done to the wheel position both when watching a MP replay and when viewing another player's car from incar view. I like to keep the look function at steer and the 'look sensitivity' at a rather high value but when viewing other players cars from incar view the 'jumpyness' of the steering wheel causes the view to rapidly snap from side to side too which is quite annoying to watch.

My thoughts excactly. Actually I was about to suggest this few days ago and this has been annoying me since the beginning. I don't use high "look sensitivity" values but because we have properly modelled driver and hands, it's pity to see that "jerky" wheel.
Quote from tristancliffe :My computer is now in a sulk having read that...

LOL... You wouldn't happen to have one of those Genuine People Personality Prototype computers, would you? Because next it'll go off in a rant of how all the diodes down his left side hurt, but nobody ever cares to replace them, ooohhh no, it's god it's so depressed... Life, don't talk to it about life.

Just think about the possibilities, mate... stepping through a replay like that, having all the time in the world to position the camera just right before you hit Record, and the slideshow begins to fill your harddrive... Listen to the LFSMM write the frame, then seeing it advance one frame, adjust the camera, wait for the frame to be finished, and save it to disc, seeing it advance.... I'm ranting.
Quote from TagForce :LOL... You wouldn't happen to have one of those Genuine People Personality Prototype computers, would you? Because next it'll go off in a rant of how all the diodes down his left side hurt, but nobody ever cares to replace them, ooohhh no, it's god it's so depressed... Life, don't talk to it about life.

Just think about the possibilities, mate... stepping through a replay like that, having all the time in the world to position the camera just right before you hit Record, and the slideshow begins to fill your harddrive... Listen to the LFSMM write the frame, then seeing it advance one frame, adjust the camera, wait for the frame to be finished, and save it to disc, seeing it advance.... I'm ranting.

I could tell you what my computer says in response.

But you wouldn't enjoy it.

MPR smooth option
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG