The online racing simulator
Quote from Bladerunner :Does anybody else subscribe to the conspiracy theory that WAGON WHEELS are a smaller than they used to be??

BRING BACK FULL SIZE WAGON WHEELS!!!!

Most definitely.

Wham bars as well, I remember when they were a lot bigger than they are now, and they had more of the fizzy bits in them, only 5p as well.

Hwat you cannot get any more though are proper Midget Gems, most are far too soft. You can get 'original' ones that have the right chewiness but they've replaced the black ones with blackcurrant flavour...whoever did that needs a slap. :chairs:
How about THIS for a 'culture shock'....
I saw a shop selling Fruit Salads, and Black Jacks the other day...5p EACH!!!! I can remember getting them at 4 for a 1d!!!

For the 'yoof' out there...5p = 12d (1 shilling!)
that means it is a 48 times the proper price..bloody rip-off!!!
Quote from Bladerunner :How about THIS for a 'culture shock'....
I saw a shop selling Fruit Salads, and Black Jacks the other day...5p EACH!!!! I can remember getting them at 4 for a 1d!!!

For the 'yoof' out there...5p = 12d (1 shilling!)
that means it is a 48 times the proper price..bloody rip-off!!!

You should be buying Werthers Originals by the sounds of it

I remember when they were 1p each, but you could get 3 Coals from Newcastle for 1p.

Thinking of Blackjacks makes me want 1/4 of aniseed balls now
Having moved from England to Canada 8 years ago I never even knew they stopped selling Wispa bars! I used to like 'em. I don't eat nearly as much chocolate now I'm in Canada....there were so many things I liked in England, not as many here.
Quote from Bean0 :You should be buying Werthers Originals by the sounds of it

I Do!!!

Woo, made it into a signature

Most of the sweets I loved from my childhood (20 years ago) are still around, or made a bit of a comeback a couple of years back. Like Flying Saucers. I used to love them, but nowhere seems to have Chelsea Whoppers any more.

OMG, I think I may have just sent the people in this thread into a frenzy.
Check out www.retrosweets.co.uk
Floral gums and parma-violets? what the hell were they about, they were bloody awful
I liked parma violets, but floral gums and cherry lips used to make me want to throw up. Even the smell of them still chokes me. I can't stand any of those floral sweets.

I'm thinking of making a rather hefty purchase at that website though. Chelsea Whoppers, Beer Bottles, Coconut Mushrooms, Marshmallow Bananas (and the chocolate coated versions)! Being diabetic, I should probably close the browser window
Unbeatable!
Attached images
_p_68_med_Pilze.jpg
Saw Wispa on sale today, so I bought one...

...Very nice!
Quote from The General Lee :Saw Wispa on sale today, so I bought one...

I went into a shop yesterday, picked up two packets of Seabrook prawn cocktail crisps, two cartons of chopped tomatoes, a bottle of milk, a copy of The Guardian, and two Wispas. I got to the counter and the shop assistant said "You can put all that stuff back y'know, if you just want the Wispas".
Wispas are possibly the best chocolate bar ever. I've had 2 already and if I see another I might not be able to control myself.
I prefer Wispa Gold's though

Please stop bumping this thread, you're all making me want to place another RetroSweets order
LMAO Kev

Daj, many of the bars there are still on sale today, are they as big as my parents say they were or are they "todays" size. Curly-Wurly for example...
Quote from sinbad :Just buy a bar of Dairy Milk or Galaxy!

I wish I could! American chocolate just isn't as good as back home! Although I have a sneaking suspicion that 'Dove' bars are Galaxy bars re-badged for the US. I have yet to try one....must fight the temptation!

Baby Ruths are good, probably my favourite US choccy. Snickers are the same (thankfully), but Mars bars and Milkyways are completely flipped. A Mars bar is a Milkway and vice-versa! Was very confusing at first! Twix bars are also subtly different. The chocolate is less of a milk chocolate, and more of a super sweet choccy that people seem to like here. I also do not get the facsination with Peanut Butter and Chocolate, i.e. Reeces choccies! Now, I am partial to a peanut butter and jam/jelly sandwich...but that's as far as I go!

I'm hungry!
"Heath" bars are dime bars in disguise - that's all you need to know.

Quote from mrbogeyman :I also do not get the facsination with Peanut Butter and Chocolate, i.e. Reeces choccies!

Oh they were my favourite. I even had the T-shirt! Actually, when it occurred to me that I should spray my old Fender bass a different colour so it looked a bit less stolen, I sprayed it orange, put a brown pickguard on it and a huge Reeses sticker across the front. There's a version of it here before I found a brown pickguard and a much larger Reeses sticker. Oh and I got some yellow knobs for it, never could find yellow pickup covers though.
Quote from The General Lee :Daj, many of the bars there are still on sale today, are they as big as my parents say they were or are they "todays" size. Curly-Wurly for example...

Oh I know, I wouldn't buy something like that there.

But Chelsea Whoppers are my favourite sweet of all time. If they sold Millions that site would be perfect
They stopped selling Wagon wheels here many years ago. They are still my main reason to go to the UK.
#45 - SamH
Most of the Cadbury's stuff in the US is made under licence by Hershey, and it tastes like cooking chocolate Occasionally stuff turns up in Costco World Market stores, shipped directly in, and the creme eggs are usually made over here too.. if you can wait til Easter, that is.

My friend in AZ is constantly nagging me to ship Dairy Milk over because she can't stand the Hershey version. I never do though.. treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen
Hmm, i was in a garage yesterday whilst my boss was paying for deisel, and all of a sudden, it caught my eye, a WIPSA bar. "OMG!" i exclaimed, "i simply must have one", but i had no cash in my wallet, not a penny. So i went over to the cashpoint (which was strategically positioned next to the WISPA's) to get myself a tenner out, but it was one of those standalone one's that charges £1.99 to get MY OWN GODDAMN MONEY OUT. Anyway, i got the tenner and bought two WISPA's.
They cost me £2.79, but they were soooooo worth it

EDIT: just read Sams post and it reminded me. I tried these Hershey's chocolates last year, they were like really wide rolo's in appearence, like 3 inch's wide but the same height, but all they had inside was peanut butter. I can't remember what they are called and cannot find any, i really want some, does anyone know what they are called or where i could get some from?
Quote from GFresh :EDIT: just read Sams post and it reminded me. I tried these Hershey's chocolates last year, they were like really wide rolo's in appearence, like 3 inch's wide but the same height, but all they had inside was peanut butter. I can't remember what they are called and cannot find any, i really want some, does anyone know what they are called or where i could get some from?

Reeses?
Seems Hershey's are in a spot of bother, News
Quote from Mazz4200 :Seems Hershey's are in a spot of bother, News

I didn't see a smiley. I certainly hope you posted that in sarcasm. You do know what the onion news is, don't you?

But stuff like this does happen. And it's not our fault, but the fault of the justice system and the lawyers. The lawyers think up class action suits like this so that they can reap 60% of the settlement that normally happens for themselves. My name was listed in a $10 billion class action suit that was settled. I indeed did get my settlement check of $1.36 while the lawyer took home 60% of whatever millions the settlement was.
Quote from mrodgers :I didn't see a smiley. I certainly hope you posted that in sarcasm. You do know what the onion news is, don't you?

Yeah, the little smiley was left out on purpose just to see if anyone thought i didn't know it was a spoof.

Onion.com is one of my fave websites at the moment, such a laugh, some of the video and radio news reports are hilarious. And that myth about Americans not understanding irony is total garbage, long live that colonial humour i say

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG