The online racing simulator
Recommend Jakg A Helmet...
(32 posts, started )
#1 - Jakg
Now i'm using my bike and am actually in any danger of getting hurt, i need to get myself a proper helmet - i currently have a Takachi TK130...

Problems? Mines green, my jackets black and my bike is blue, i was really looking for a Black helmet. Also, i bought this helmet from a market for £25, which imo is dodgy as hell. Plus it's a bit small.

I was looking at the Caberg Chrono 505...

Any opinions?

I'm looking for something around £100.

Fire away!
That matt black one looks cool, stealthy, you don't want pretty colours on your helmet tbh... Matt Black FTW who cares about features... just go on loooks alone!
Well if I was driving a moped, I would try being bright colored as possible so people in cars wouldn't run me over. They are hard to see sometimes bloody kids.

So I suggest a pink bucket.
Those flip up ones, which is what the matt one looks like, and great and awful.

Great in so much as conversations are easily had, but awful in so much as the additional weight makes them less safe, and the additional seals mean a little bit of water can get to your face...

But a £100 budget is about right - never ever buy a helmet cheaper than that, unless you are a chav, in which case buy a 50p one.
The black Chrono is very classic stiggish, I'd go with that :up: Looks like it has very good visibility too.

If it is your first bike, get a helmet with no decals because you'll learn that you will get it easily scratched. That is how it was for me and my black helmet.
#6 - Jakg
Quote from Blackout :Well if I was driving a moped, I would try being bright colored as possible so people in cars wouldn't run me over. They are hard to see sometimes bloody kids.

So I suggest a pink bucket.

LOL

They make the Caberg Chrono Tribe, but imo that's a bit garish...

@ Tristan - it's not a flip, i've had one before and i can't see a point.
Only get a flip up lid if you're planning on being a motorcycle cop.

The best advice is simply, go down the local bikeshop and try em on and see which you like best and is the most comfortable, not much worse than having an ill fitting helmet When i got my first bike in the late 80's my sisters boyfriend gave me one of his old lids, he was 6'4" and had a massive head, i was 5'6" with a tiny little head, so i could spin the helmet round a full 360 without moving

And always buy new. As long as they've passed all the British Standard safety tests you cant really go wrong for £100.
I've heard positive things about Cabergs. HJC are also a popular "budget" brand, but as Mazz says, the important thing is that whatever you buy it fits your head properly and it has to be tight intially because they loosen up. So make sure you go and try a few on - and then buy one off the internet if it will save you a fair bit of money.
first make sure it fits correctlt and if you can get a race helmet(depends on buget) also if you every drop in a hardish way (anymore than about a meter)think about a new one, and the reason i know these things is that my great cousin is a big biker and a freind of shane 'shakey' byrne (plus hes from the same town im from)
Quote from Mazz4200 :Only get a flip up lid if you're planning on being a motorcycle cop.

The best advice is simply, go down the local bikeshop and try em on and see which you like best and is the most comfortable, not much worse than having an ill fitting helmet When i got my first bike in the late 80's my sisters boyfriend gave me one of his old lids, he was 6'4" and had a massive head, i was 5'6" with a tiny little head, so i could spin the helmet round a full 360 without moving

And always buy new. As long as they've passed all the British Standard safety tests you cant really go wrong for £100.

the thing is is if your helmet is too loose your head smahes around inside and if its too small the padding system doent work
Quote from Mazz4200 :
The best advice is simply, go down the local bikeshop and try em on

Absolutely. And, you'll feel daft, but if you find one that seems to fit well, keep it on for a few minutes (browse the rest of the shop or something...), just to make sure there aren't any irritating pressure points.

Make sure it has an
ECE 22-05 sticker on the back and, preferably, an ACU gold or silver sticker too.

Fact of life: the more you pay, the lighter, safer, and more comfortable it'll be.
very true
#14 - AJS
Cabergs have the coolest look yeah.

Me also wanted one but then i went to the shop and bought a black HJC CL-14. Was on 50% sale because the new model came out and its a good helmet doesnt look bad either. I would look out for this kind of deals. Might be cheaper as 100 pound. I paid 70 Euro.

Oh and i use it for auto slalom not bike...
Quote from james12s :the thing is is if your helmet is too loose your head smahes around inside

Or in my case you find yourself looking at the inside of the helmet when approaching roundabouts and stuff

Quote from james12s :and if its too small the padding system doent work

My first lid was a hand-me-down 1970's job'ie, padding was optional !
Man, I'm glad we don't have helmet laws here... Helmets are expensive.
I could imagine how much they'd jack up the price if we did have laws.
I use a half helmet somebody gave me, but I'm sorta in the same boat.
I need a decent helmet - actually two.
lmfao i love that wiihelm
Don't save on things your life depends on it.
I doubt it, but it does look cool...and rather pointless.
idea... Do the Wii-Helm, have 2 controllers, 1 as your helmet, 1 in your hand with a nunchuck, you now have the ultimate FPS setup You can move your head independantly from your weapon.
I say go for the cheapest, safest helmet you can, and keep the rest to save for a real bike. You still riding that toy that you wiped out on?
~Bryan~

(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG