The online racing simulator
Re-posting server to Master List?
(9 posts, started )
Hi All

I am running a dev test server which was showing up fine in the master list but suddenly disappeared. I can still connect by entering the IP:PORT combo though. Is there a way of telling the server to re-post itself to the master list or what could be the cause of it disappearing? Server is "Marco Mark's Dev Server" if that helps.

Cheers,
Marco
It's interesting you've mentioned this, as I've had a similar problem recently. Admitedly I've not started looking into it yet, but would you be running the server on Wine by any chance?

However, to answer your question, to my knowledge the only way is to stop and restart the server
Mhhhh ... the server is running on Win2003 Server. I was trying to avoid having to restart the server as that is not a very convenient way of automating it without annoying people on the server (if there are any). Would be good to know what causes this really. Glad to hear it's not just me! lol
You might want to try a few tests, like changing the number of laps to +1 and then -1 and see if that kicks off a master server registration. I doubt it some how.
Mhhh, the server is set ro Laps 0 Practice when nobody is on it. So maybe if it's on 0 for too long in unregisteres itself? I have just set it to laps 10 and back to 0 and it seems to have re-appeared int he master list!
I lie

It would appear the server only shows when I only search for XFG+XRG servers but when I search for all cars / all tracks it doesn't show? Could someone please try this from their end for me? Thanks!
Up and joinable for me, I'm afraid
Good man. Thanks for trying it. Maybe it's a bug in BrowseForSpeed rather than a master list issue.
Possible, or an LFSW issue. More "investigations" required

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG