The online racing simulator
Multiplayer: Upload each car's sound settings to server
I didn't see this posted anywhere else -- it would be really cool IMHO if each individual person's car sound settings (e.g., Shift-A) were reflected in multiplayer games. So with a race full of FXO's, each one would sound a little different based on the "tuning" each person had done.

A pretty minor thing, with no impact on racing at all, admittedly, but it would add another level of customization to your own car
#2 - Woz
Quote from Merc68k :I didn't see this posted anywhere else -- it would be really cool IMHO if each individual person's car sound settings (e.g., Shift-A) were reflected in multiplayer games. So with a race full of FXO's, each one would sound a little different based on the "tuning" each person had done.

A pretty minor thing, with no impact on racing at all, admittedly, but it would add another level of customization to your own car

BIG BIG -1 from me.

This would allow all the morons out there that already take joy from causing hassle on servers another attack paramter. I am sure you can "tweak" the sound system to make a real nasty sound if you wanted to. This would let them inflict that on everyone else.

Its just not worth it.
Very good point.. I hadn't thought about that. The same guys that drive around with the juicecan exhausts would be modding their LFS cars the same way

Maybe if it could be a server setting to allow or disallow custom sounds...
definetly -1. I don't want to hear porsche Carrera GT sounds from a XRT like some peolple have.

Just imagine all those insanely stupid sounds some people would use

And I like the sounds as it is atm, no need for need sounds imo
It would result wasted coding work, wasted bandwidth, wasted cpu recources and some lost nerves, but hardly any positive effects.
Each file is quite large. I don't want to have to download all that everytime I join a server. With the filesizes being larger than high res skins, it would have to be another premium service. I'd rather just have the sounds improved but I bet we'll be waiting a long time until that gets touched on again.
Well I understand the argument that we don't necessarily want to hear anyone's random idea of a good engine sound -- maybe even an option to send your setting to another player like you can with the skins would be okay.

The sound files are (strangely) big, but to send the state of the sliders in the sound config menu would only require a few bytes -- that wouldn't have any impact on server connect time at all.
Quote from Merc68k :Well I understand the argument that we don't necessarily want to hear anyone's random idea of a good engine sound -- maybe even an option to send your setting to another player like you can with the skins would be okay.

The sound files are (strangely) big, but to send the state of the sliders in the sound config menu would only require a few bytes -- that wouldn't have any impact on server connect time at all.

And you vould actually limit the extent the sliders could go to for each car type.

Allthough I dont feully agree that this is nessercary - it could certainly work - if customisable cars are planned for the furture.
+1 I hate it when i want to show someone my sound and i cant!
Quote from 1995CobraR :+1 I hate it when i want to show someone my sound and i cant!

You can.

Just get the email adress to the person you want that should hear that sound. The only thing he need to do is to replace one of the old horn sounds with you`re one.
Quite simple actually

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG