The online racing simulator
#1 - sam93
STCC Extra divisions
I was think of maybe if the stcc series starts to get broadcasted on tv why not make other divisions so the current races would be say division a the best of all the stcc racers and a division b and division c, the Division C the not so good racers. This way everyone who is good enough for each division gets to experience stcc and work there way up to stcc division a.

This is just a thought and was just wondering what would others think of this.

Sam.
Aye I like that but as it seems they have got there hands full atm at the STCC league. Also you will loose the privilege touch that STCC currently has. The drivers that drive there are the cream off the crop if you ask me. And if you wanna drive there should be a hell of a fast driver to compete.

Not digging you Sam, I like your thought . Maybe another league within CTRA will be possible
That might interest some drivers, but hardly the spectators. I wouldn't want to watch b-class racing from TV or any other source.
Yep i'm affraid if it happened it is unlikely to under the STCC tag. I am involved in a couple of things atm, finishing the STCC and the LFS World Championships are enough for just now, but there is something else going on at the moment which might result in either the broadcast of or creation of more leagues.
Ohh whats happening all at the front Becky ?.
i like rumors
i heard there could be the possibility of some ctra-league-like-events...

i think i told it myself, last night, while i was sleeping... but at least
a rumor
I believe in the CTRA original plans there was included an events system of some sorts planned to be developed, so mabe the UKCT team are gearing up for the next episode of CTRA
STCC & CTRA very different things.
I am not sure if the CTRA is still a way to get into the STCC, but when I first noticed the STCC I thought that it was the A division of somthing bigger, I dont know what original qualification was involved, but for road car races it seemed to be the top drivers. I think I may have been wrong, after following some of the more recent races I personally couldn't believe the amount of cars damaged in the latest STCC broadcast, I know it was the city ect but its not that hard to miss the walls having said the above, I know at least one driver who has progressed from the CTRA into the STCC league but I dont think that it happens anymore?

I imagine great things to come from the CTRA in the future, with the creator and the admin team they have atm, I would expect somthing of very high standards, to be announced at some stage.

Good luck if and when the "best of ctra" televised leagues are introduced.

SD.
CTRA is very much a part of the STCC. All STCC drivers need a platinum license and in order to qualify you will need a license.

I don't know what Becky has planned exactly, but the STCC was defiantly not the end of it in terms of leagues =)
#10 - Jakg
AFAIK there was no entry requirements - thus how UKCT got in!

We simply answered an ad in Becky's signature.

I can't comment on Round 10 as i wasn't there (unfortuantely), but i certainly can't say that the racing's been dirtier from round 1 to round 9, just that as we learn more about each driver we get a little bit closer to each other.
Quote from Viper93 :CTRA is very much a part of the STCC. All STCC drivers need a platinum license and in order to qualify you will need a license.

Quote from Jakg :AFAIK there was no entry requirements - thus how UKCT got in!

We simply answered an ad in Becky's signature.

I can't comment on Round 10 as i wasn't there (unfortuantely), but i certainly can't say that the racing's been dirtier from round 1 to round 9, just that as we learn more about each driver we get a little bit closer to each other.

I believe the current STCC league thats almost finished there could be some that do not have platinium ...yet

but the point I am making is that some drivers in the league as Jakg says, did not qualify in the CTRA system to get into this league.
The top drivers in the ctra system are not the same people who drive in the league, simply because the system was not complete at that time (or even started?), if STCC makes it to season 2 and I hope it does (I think the TBO cars are the best LFS alternative to touring cars) then this may of course change, and could lead to more realistic broadcasted races maybe.

I cant comment on all the drivers ability to drive clean or dirty, except what I see in the broadcasts as IMO not many stcc league drivers spend alot of time at the ctra servers, some do, but not many, mind you Ive not driven a lap of ctra for weeks.

SD.
#12 - Jakg
The STCC (and subsequently CTRA) server systems was bourn out of needing decent drivers for the STCC drivers to race against to train - Becky came from real life racing into LFS in which, at the time, rejoining into traffic was standard and wanted to change this.

Platinum was an entry requirement after a while, and all existing STCC drivers were awarded Platinum if they wanted it (i and a few others chose to earn theirs) - as the STCC and CTRA diverged a bit the Platinum license was an entry requirement, not a requirement to race and so all of those given "free" Platinum licenses were removed.
#13 - SamH
Okay, you asked for it.. I do my best to keep quiet, but eventually it all comes out anyway!

I'm not going to argue with the comments about driving recently, in the STCC. I couldn't argue at all, since there's no defence and I am probably the most guilty of poor performance in the last event, rolling my car off a curb.

We've come into a lot of criticism over the last year, since subtitling the STCC the "premiere sim touring car cup". However, since everyone else who did a broadcast league in any form (and nobody did it like us) used either GTRs or SS cars, or did a league in a wide variety of different car classes - and didn't even broadcast it at all, I've always stood by our strapline and I've never heard a GOOD argument against it. Just bitchy crap that 15 of us spend an hour pointing and laughing about on Teamspeak, and then move on. (Not as immature as it sounds, farty-pants! )

Here are some facts about the STCC: It is, and always was, intended to be specifically for the purposes of creating a monthly broadcast. Because of this, there was less of a need for having the top LFS drivers involved. While I personally rank some of the STCC drivers as top LFS drivers, the priority in the STCC has always been to provide an entertaining way to spend 40 mins of your month. I think as both organizers and drivers, we've succeeded handsomely in that mission.

Driver commitment to the STCC did fall when Becky took time out from the series. Becky's time out was an absolute necessity, as anyone who knew Becky at the time would vigorously attest. Becky was exhausted and in dire financial straits, and as close to a breakdown as anyone I've known. I'm proud to say that all the UKCT members - even non-LFSers - rallied around Becky at that time, and propped her up, supported her and kept her going as much as possible, given the physical distance between us all. Support on this forum was also very evident, and hugely beneficial, and something we'll always be grateful for.

It was around this time that the CTRA was born and Becky officially joined UKCT. The STCC thus became the CTRA's flagship series, but because of the several month break in the series it had suffered on the commitment level from some of its drivers. Nevertheless, it still delivers visually and it's still well worth watching.

So, obviously, the question is: what's next? The answer isn't so obvious right now, because both Becky and I have new jobs - although mine's only part-time, but it pays like a full-time job because it's a bit specialized. Instead, we can only answer questions about what we'd LIKE to do.

One of the things we'd like to do is make the "14,000:30:1" mentioned in the CTRA advert into a broadcast reality. Logistically, we know this is a challenge from our experience of commitment in STCC. So we have to find a way for commitment to be less of a variable than it is right now. We have the tools and ability, now, to create footage in an evening, and a broadcast in the space of a few days, including graphic overlays, replay inserts and commentary. We just need the mechanism to source drivers for the league in a way where continuity isn't constantly threatened for the viewer. Month-to-month driver changes make a broadcast suffer terribly, when the intention is to deliver a virtual motorsports series. This is one of several considerations, though it's the easiest to explain without spilling my guts entirely

So there you have it.. the update you nearly asked for. As soon as we can, Becky and I will bring you all right up to speed.
Some people are a little more in the know, but basically yes I am working on pulling something off.

Tbh I am at a point where I could quite happily walk away from sim racing at this time, I have a new life to focus on. It is actually my partner who is pursuing it (who is not an LFS user at all but somebody from the field of broadcasting).
lfs world championship ?
Quote : lfs world championship ?

The CTRA is supporting Vykos' new project, and UKCT will be running National Championships too. I will be involved in that. It is not related to the broadcasting things I am working on.
Quote from Becky Rose :Some people are a little more in the know, but basically yes I am working on pulling something off.

Tbh I am at a point where I could quite happily walk away from sim racing at this time, I have a new life to focus on. It is actually my partner who is pursuing it (who is not an LFS user at all but somebody from the field of broadcasting).

Arrgh, there's a couple of classic, but smutty jokes there literally bursting to get out of my brain right now, but, you may not appreciate them coming from me, so i'll resist the temptation and say, it's really nice to hear things are going so well for you Becks after all the crap you've been through over the last few years, it's great being in love and stuff aint it But please remember your fan base here, Jacqui and a few others would be lost without you

And as for a possible World Championship, i'd say +1million.

And if you want any help i'm really good at hitting things with a hammer, so i'm here if you need me
Oh yea it would be better if this did ever happen for it not to use the stcc tag as the stcc wouldn't be as good as it is now because everyone would like a go in stcc and I am working like hell to be good enough to qualify for the stcc series but I have alot of work to do yet.

But I was thinking if you ever got the stcc on TV you would have the people to be able to run the other divisions but if this did ever happen it would proberly be best for it to be under the CTRA name so it doesn't ruin the sim touring car cup.
Quote from Becky Rose :The CTRA is supporting Vykos' new project, and UKCT will be running National Championships too. I will be involved in that. It is not related to the broadcasting things I am working on.

Shhh, nobody is supposed to know yet =P
ooops, really?
:banana::haha:now we all know
Time to quote it in our sigs...

Becky should now become victim of her own secret-blabbing punishment of unanaethetised castration.
:mischievo

Oh, wait.
:doh:
Back to the drawing board...

Sam

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG