Poll : Oval event date

Sunday 21st October
Thursday 25th October
Sunday 14th October
Oval event DATE POLL
Please vote in the poll

It will not effect the RSWC, which is due to start on 22nd November
#2 - bozo
I'd prefer not to have the event this Sunday (14th), as it's the penultimate OLFSL race, and I don't know what time I'll be starting that one.
neck n neck ATM
i cant some this weekend so next weekend please.
Just to be sure, I have not done 4 races so according to the rules I'm not eligible to participate. Either date is fine by me.

However, if I ask nicely, can I come too?

I have never really raced on oval in LFS and I have this secret dream of causing 30 car pileup in LFS...
Sure, I am sure there will be room
We were trying out wheight penalties last night. The main problem is if we would get both cars up to exactly the same speed, the FZ's tires wont last that long so it would be disadvantaged. I was thinking instead, because there are no point to be awarded anyway, maybe to have 2 races, 1 where everyone drives their normal car and a second 1 where everyone swaps cars. add up both points and it will allways be balanced.
I would LOOOOOVE to have an RAC Setup If anyone would be so kind as to send one. I would be mucho Gratticas
#9 - P1lot
anyone been practising lets see what times u getting
high 45's in the FZ, but I am lucky to get 10 laps out of the tyres.
Well, i guess we can strike one option off the list now, leaving this Sunday with the majority of votes.
This Sunday (21st) it is.

As for intake restriction, I think that, due to the "no points" nature of the event, we will leave both cars un-restricted.

The reason for this is as follows........

The RAC is about 1 second down on the FZ50, however, I think it will be easy for the RAC to do the full 40 laps on a single set of tyres, and the FZ50 is going to require at least one stop, therefore, in this instance I say we use no restriction, and see how it works out.

I will be arranging a test race for the combo on this coming friday, all are welcome, 7pm BST (6pm GMT).

If after the test race, it is found the FZ is much quicker, then I will adjust accordingly, but as it stands, no restriction.
Quote from danowat :This Sunday (21st) it is.

As for intake restriction, I think that, due to the "no points" nature of the event, we will leave both cars un-restricted.

The RAC is about 1 second down on the FZ50, however, I think it will be easy for the RAC to do the full 40 laps on a single set of tyres, and the FZ50 is going to require at least one stop, therefore, in this instance I say we use no restriction, and see how it works out.

Honestly, as insolent as this may sound, have you ever DRIVEN the RAC at all? Even the RAC has trouble lasting on 1 set or tires.. You FZ5 drivers just seem to want to gift the FZ5 too much, do you ACTUALLY know how much Ghost has to pull his finger out to beat you? No. Thought not. Not only is he the champion, but in the underdog car aswell.
Are you for real?.

Yes, I have driven the RAC on the oval, and yes, a set of tyres can easily last 40 laps, at least on the setup I was using.............

"You FZ5 drivers just seem to want to gift the FZ5 too much, do you ACTUALLY know how much Ghost has to pull his finger out to beat you? No. Thought not. Not only is he the champion, but in the underdog car aswell."

God alone knows where that statement came from............not sure what you base the "underdog" statement on, but on many tracks, the RAC is fractions slower than the FZ5, you seem to be under the impression the FZ is the better of the two cars, the top 3 of the season tells a different story, 2 RAC's and a single FZ.........

Let me get ONE thing clear, I am not biasing ANYTHING, if you come up with statistical evidence that the FZ needs intake restriction, I'll do it.

All I seem to get is stuff about biased, the team champ is biased toward adaptive, I seem to remember that before season 2, I was told the track selection was biased toward the FZ, but 2 RAC's featured in the top 3.

I am not biased towards anything, all I am trying to do is provide a league for some sorely underused (and under valued) cars in LFS
The RAC is the underdog car in the way that the FZ is easier to pick up and drive than the RAC, you need to KNOW the RAC, not just the game, with the FZ you can drive it, like an XRT, just a heavier more powerful one... And on the Oval for SURE, it is in a different league.
Just for the sake of the argument, i actually find the RAC the easier car to drive, i chose the FZ50 for the challenge
Quote from GFresh :Just for the sake of the argument, i actually find the RAC the easier car to drive, i chose the FZ50 for the challenge

I guess that's my arguement fouled then.
Well, i am only one person
i tried both cars today and in easly 1 second faster in the fz5 , easly faster ,in the rac with the gearing mapped out as much as possible i get to top speed 241 and with fz5 its hitting 250+ down the home straight
I think the FZ5 requires more skill to keep in a straight line due to the natural under steer of the RAC. All that needs is a good setup tbh to get rid of the under steer.
Both cars have their own strengh's and weaknesses, both cars are/were designed to be raced together, to say one is easier than the other is doing both car's a dis-service.
The RAC is unpredictable, something the FZ isn't. Sometimes the back snaps out on the RAC, and it's quick turn IN, makes you have to double counter-steer. Out of both cars on a Race_s setup. The FZ is easier to drive.. Just simply Easier.. Yea Dan these cars do have their strengths and weaknesses , but i really doubt the RAC will last the race on 1 set of tyres, it is 60 laps right?
40 laps
ok it's gonna be tight then..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG