The online racing simulator
Kids these days... get off my lawn! :geezer:
JESUS!! Is Scawen really pronounced like Victor does it??? :wtf2oes this mean I have been incorrectly pronouncing Scawen's name in my head for six years!?!?!?!?!?!?:sadbanana
Quote from PLAYLIFE :JESUS!! Is Scawen really pronounced like Victor does it??? :wtf2oes this mean I have been incorrectly pronouncing Scawen's name in my head for six years!?!?!?!?!?!?:sadbanana

You forgetting where Victor is from
edit: @Playlife
You and probably a sizeable multitude. I already knew because I asked Tristan ages ago, but I was just as shocked. There's a thread about his name somewhere.
#56 - SamH
As I understand it, it's pronounced like "scorn", or "scawn" like the "tawny" owl, although I still pronounce it "Scowan" because I have a friend called "Scowan" who's Scottish, and I'm assuming Scawen's name (since Roberts is a tad Scottish) is from the same root. Could be completely wrong tho!
nice, nice thats what we need .. shoping carts
#58 - SamH
Quote from blackcarmafia :nice, nice thats what we need .. shoping carts

British or American? British shopping carts have 4 loose wheels, whereas the US ones have fixed rear wheels.. I prefer the US style.. easier on the lower back, particularly on sloping surfaces...
Quote from SamH :I prefer the US style.. easier on the lower back, particularly on sloping surfaces...

Yeah, but try manoeuvring an American one around your average Lidl over here, and it's probably like trying to park a Lincoln Town Car in one of our city centre multistoreys.

Not that I've ever been to America to try their shopping carts.

Or tried to park a Lincoln Town Car in a multistorey.

Or driven a Lincoln Town Car*.

[size]* Thank god. [/size]
Quote from SamH :British or American? British shopping carts have 4 loose wheels, whereas the US ones have fixed rear wheels.

So you can't DRFT american shopping carts?
You can de reverse doughnuts...
Quote from felplacerad :So you can't DRFT american shopping carts?

You can, but only the ones that have a whopping big V8 under the hood. (Also very handy in those gigantic Yankee shopping malls. BTW, I heard that some even have banked turns. Left only, of course.)
#63 - SamH
Quote from wsinda :You can, but only the ones that have a whopping big V8 under the hood.

There was actually one of these a few miles from my house, at the Volo Auto Museum in Illinois.. A shopping cart with a V8 in it! I have a photo of it somewhere, too.. but it's on a negative, and would take a long time to find
Quote from SamH :British or American? British shopping carts have 4 loose wheels, whereas the US ones have fixed rear wheels.. I prefer the US style.. easier on the lower back, particularly on sloping surfaces...

Oh great.... I suppose next everyone will be flaming how our shopping carts can't handle nearly as well. I already see the "american shopping carts can't drift" comment above....

Speaking of shopping carts, my first job was in a grocery store. Have you ever tried to run 35 shopping carts downhill in a sloped parking lot (or carpark I guess to you guys) with traffic, all the while, the shopping carts won't stay together?

I think, IIRC, I held the record at our store of spinning a line of 38 carts 90 degrees up onto the front walk before they started limiting us on how many we were allowed to push for "safety" reasons. Shortly after I left that job, they started getting in the little remote control cart collector things.
#65 - SamH
hehe! That was one of my first jobs, too! But I had the sense to tie a rope to the front-end cart and hold on to it at the back
Quote from wsinda :You can, but only the ones that have a whopping big V8 under the hood. (Also very handy in those gigantic Yankee shopping malls. BTW, I heard that some even have banked turns. Left only, of course.)

A banked 'merican race track... you mean like this? Oooh, ick, it has one of them 'merican cars in the picture too...

I think it was pretty obvious that Victor was reading from notes during the interview. But still, it was very good. It was nice to hear Scawen's name pronounced for the first time.
Yeah, it's pronounced like Scorn (sort of, it's more like Scawn, where the awn is like in lawn)...

Anyone who uses the E in the pronounciation is a tellytubby from now on.
cool guys are those lfs devs
No i'm sorry, Scotland lost, i'll pronounce his name with an E.
Well... we could also name him "Bill" from now on, that's a lot clearer and easier to speak out
I've always pronounced it "Bill" as well

A long time ago I remember something about the pronounciation of his name. Back then, I've taken it as "scan" like a scanner for your computer. Either I took it wrong back then, or Victor has it slightly wrong from his Netherlands accent .

I don't want to be a tellytubby.....
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
Quote from Dj-Aeri :Hi guys,

Victor says something about the Y patch?

My english is pathetic to undertand the interview.

Thanks!

Yes. He said it was not a major new release. It is just continuing the improvements need to reach S2 final. He did specifically mention the AI improvements.
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG