The online racing simulator
Closing X Connect(s) (Linux)
(11 posts, started )
first....whats up with that?
sometimes (luckily not very often) it says even that.
the problem is that under linux LFS completely locks up and its very hard to kill it (without restarting X).
ive never had that problem in win, so i guess the problem is something with wine.
does anyone know a fix for that, or do know a workaround?
I BELEIVE its related to stopping the search . Unsure though.
Quote from felplacerad :"Closing X connections" and "Could receive guest info" is not the same thing. I believe "Could not" is a server issue whereas "Closing" is a client><master server issue. The issue you linked can, just like Karl said, be fixed by updating Wine.

LFS actually only appears to get a list of each server's address from the master, thereafter it makes a connection to each server and interrogates it for information, over TCP. This does make it a client >< server issue.

However, it's not the same issue that I was refering to in my previous post, as this was a known UDP bug. To my knowledge, there's no issues with the Wine TCP emulation. My first, completely off the cuff, guess would be that it's a connection timeout difference that is blocking the execution of the game.. I'll have a hunt through the bugzilla if updating Wine doesn't do it, but I'd put a fair bit of money on the fact that it would, as Wine development moves fairly fast.
well wine is up-to-date...
so i can just hope the problem will be fixed in upcoming versions
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :well wine is up-to-date...

Don't forget that "upto date" for your distro is not necessarily true for the actual Wine development.
well im using ubuntu which is pretty much the best supported distro out there
WineHQ: 0.9.46

According to packages.ubuntu.com
Ubuntu Feisty (stable): 0.9.33
Ubuntu Gutsy (dev): 0.9.46

If you're on Feisty, then you might want to consider apt pinning Wine, or dist-upgrading, or compiling by hand. Or do nothing. Your choice obviously
atm i do nothing...once gutsy is done (official date is 18 oct) ill just upgrade and then ill get the newest wine as well
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :the problem is that under linux LFS completely locks up and its very hard to kill it (without restarting X).

Ctrl+Alt+F1, log in, $killall LFS.exe (or the hard way: killall -9 LFS.exe), log off (type 'exit' or press Ctrl+D), Alt-F7. Ctrl+Alt+<plus sign on numeric keypad> or Ctrl+Alt+<minus sign on numeric keypad> changes your desktop resolution back to normal. There are simpler solutions (without switching between X and text console), but they depends on a window manager you use.

Quote from the_angry_angel :WineHQ: 0.9.46

Quote from [RCG]Boosted :atm i do nothing...once gutsy is done (official date is 18 oct) ill just upgrade and then ill get the newest wine as well

Add WineHQ APT Repositories as described, this allows you to have the official up to date package on Feisty.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG