The online racing simulator
Excellent work
(40 posts, started )
Excellent work
It’s been a VERY long time since my last post on this forum, but after having tried tonight one of the CTRA servers I feel it’s a must.

Would like to give my most sincere congratulations for what you are doing. After being very active during the first LFS years, my organizing activities were focused in bigger things and even my racing activity has nearly disappeared with this sim, only driving it once in a while as relaxation, but must say CTRA today restored a bit more my faith about LFS’s future once again.

It’s truly impressive to see the quality of the work, and how everything seems nearly perfect. It’s a work of passion and it shows. Unfortunately most people simply don’t care, but I sure know how much effort and time is necessary to reach this level of usability and execution. Many things I hoped for years are beautifully done, and there are even some I didn’t dare to hope!

Can’t wait to see the development of this concept (not sure if there’s a timetable somewhere with future plans?). I think the work done here shows the true potential of this little (not so small as some would believe) independent title, and what can be done. Again, big congrats to the people behind this project!
I would have thought Becky or Sam would have already said it so I will say it for them. Thank You =)

There are more features planned, stay tuned. One problem now that I think Becky has used all of the 200 buttons allocated for use through in-sim

I don't want to say too much but there is a thread somewhere with some of the stuff planned. I think there was a mention of an event system, but I cannot remember off the top of my head. This is all rumour ofcourse =) Becky can tell you better than I.
Welcome back to the forums Horseman

SD.
#4 - SamH
Ooops! Sorry Horseman! I read your post but decided to leave it for Becky to reply.. but she's uber preoccupied with other things at the moment, and probably isn't visiting the forum too often. Becky's the one who's written the X-System. I'm a co-conspirator in the content and functionality (and I'm also responsible/to blame for the web interface) but Becky's really the person whose work has impressed you, I think

For my part, I'm grateful for the compliment and delighted it's met with such a positive response!
Thank you for the kind words.

In regards to future development I will just say that whilst the ideas are there and some that could really dramatically change a lot of stuff, what isn't there at the moment is the free time.

I've just started a new job and a new relationship and I just dont have time to commit to development of the CTRA at the moment.

Whilst there are things I would love to do to satisfy my geekyness, it just isnt my focus at the moment.
Come on Becky - Where are your priorities ???????

Thats the trouble with young people today

Congrats and enjoy both new pursuits
Quote from Becky Rose :...

I've just started a new job and a new relationship and I just dont have time to commit to development of the CTRA at the moment.

great to hear that (the part with your job )
Quote from Becky Rose :I've just started a new job

And you'll be losing your new job if you don't stop posting and get me my damn margarita.
New relationship ?? Well, that's it then, we are officially finished ! I'm not buying any more chocolates for some other bloke to eat them
Thank you for the kind wishes .
OMg dont let StableX know that. Great news a job and a new relationship.
#12 - Jakg
Quote from thisnameistaken :And you'll be losing your new job if you don't stop posting and get me my damn margarita.

LOL
Quote from niels1 :OMg dont let StableX know that

StableX was the first to know, Andy asked her out after all

/startrumourmill
Thanks for the replies, guys (and girl).

The X-System is indeed what impressed me the most, but that’s because I can’t help to imagine how useful and cool this kind of stuff would be if I had it 2 or 3 or 4 years ago. hehe
It really is very very cool. This is my geek/organizer portion speaking.

As spectator/racer, I think everything else is equally good. It’s really how the whole thing works that is remarkable. Usually there’s a weak spot in every project, but at least apparently, here all seems balanced.

About the development being somewhat halted, don’t worry. From experience I know a pause can be extremely useful, allowing us time to breathe and gain the necessary distance to truly evaluate our work, and either improve it, or advance to bigger and better stuff. The best thing that ever happened to me was stop the daily routine of worrying with a certain race, incident, protest, or event and dedicate my time to think and design competitions and everything else related for 6 or 7 months non-stop.

BTW, best wishes for the new job and relationship, Becky.

@ sparky: Great to see you still around. Ah, how I wish we could go back a few years, and I could enjoy again the simple pleasures of making the LFSWC, or leading BR, or... Those were the days!

Edited: Man, just found out this forum still has my helmet!! :horseman:
My past work has paid off!
Quote from Jakg :LOL
StableX was the first to know, Andy asked her out after all

/startrumourmill

We should have a a twoseater then next in LFS. Single seaters is not enough. Let them fight about who drives
And he can keep on asking it's the same answer... lol
How generous Becky
And while I'm totally OT, how about recognising that New Zealand is also called Aotearoa ( Land of the Long White Cloud in Maori ) and giving that option in countries on CTRA.

I'm counting on that rush of blood & happiness that being in lust usually brings on.
So I should rename Denmark to Danmark, Germany to Deutchland with a sideways : in it, and make all driver reports available in Flemmish and Esperanto?

I do see your point, but then Wales becomes Cymru, France becomes Francais with a fishing hook under the c...
#19 - SamH
Actually I think France stays as France, but England becomes "Yorkshire"
Canada becomes Canadia
#21 - SamH
Or Canadialand
Point taken, but i do claim that NZ is officially bi-lingual, Maori is an official language and the national anthem is in both languages.

Not wanting to be difficult but it would be good for NZers to have the option, even renaming NZ to Aotearoa New Zealand would be great.
Quote from Racer X NZ :Point taken, but i do claim that NZ is officially bi-lingual, Maori is an official language and the national anthem is in both languages.

It would make sense to do that if you put in some effort to translating all of CTRA to Maori. Extra bonus if you can manage to fit words like this in the interface.
Quote :Not wanting to be difficult but it would be good for NZers to have the option, even renaming NZ to Aotearoa New Zealand would be great.

Belgium has 3 languages, Wales has 2, I am sure there are plenty of others too.

The official language of the CTRA is English, therefore English place names have been used. Even the Germans lost the "German as ze furst languag ov Europ" debate, so you have no chance with Maori.
Its just yet another example of the english colonial attitude - I'm being supressed !!! - LOL

Thanks for the conversation

Excellent work
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG