The online racing simulator
Negativity towards demo users?
(84 posts, closed, started )
Quote from polihronov :No i am say that people must pay just for ability to play in multi player.

Lol, I get what you guys mean when you say that they always want extras.
Quote from polihronov :No i am say that people must pay just for ability to play in multi player.

Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding earlier

But i still dont get what you are saying
Quote from niall09 :Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding earlier

But i still dont get what you are saying

As I understand it, he said exactly what you stated in your first post.
Quote from niall09 :Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding earlier

But i still don't get what you are saying

What he is trying to say is that, Demo users should have EVERYTHING unlocked and usable in single player and that the only thing that we should have to pay for is the ability to play online.
Quote from micha1980de :one thing i've noticed is some hostility towards demo's just because of their status, as if demo users can't post usable content or be subject to a nice discussion.
in short (my understanding) you're not taken serious because of your demo status.
it's like in some situations from real life like the first meeting of your girlfriends parents, some of them won't accept you even if you are the brightest one from the girlfriends chosen ones, because you don't have a dime in your pocket.
It's a oooold bad habbit, existing for ages...

regards

What an utterly stupid post... First off, noone is being treated a lesser being just because he's demo, and second: how many parents do you suppose would like you if you behave like a total retard on your first meet?

@Poxith: I think he's suggesting the demo without added content only being usable in SP mode and you have to pay to use the demo content online...
I got small negativity (or so i think) as the only time I actually remember getting flamed, is Winton Racing. Good times, good times...
Quote from Poxith :What he is trying to say is that, Demo users should have EVERYTHING unlocked and usable in single player and that the only thing that we should have to pay for is the ability to play online.

Netkar pro has tried. It does not work. Well they dont have AI either.
I haven`t really gotten any negative replies on my posts. Only something which includes words: Get S2 already!

lol, can`t help it, I just don`t have any money. And mommy has to go on a surgery which costs 2000 euros anyways.
I don't hate demo users. My hatred is done on an individual basis. It just so happens that more demo users end up on my hate list then licenced people.

Hate is a strong word, and only used in this context because of the OP/current thread title.
I completey agree with you Tristan...it's not the fact people are hating on demo users for the fact they are demo, but because of how they act as an individual.
~Bryan~
Ok, this is a dumb ass question. How do I get my Avi to show?
Avi? Movie file?

Or do you mean avatar? If so, demo users can't have them - it's an S2 incentive

Edit: Beat you Android...

Erm, if you researched the 'demo user negativity' problem, how come you didn't find the answer to your question, which has been asked millions of times?
If you mean the avatar, they are disabled for lesser peo... errr demo users.
And before you ask, signatures too.
Yeah avatars and sigs are for licensed users only. Cheeses me right off as I don't have access to my S2 forum account, and an avatar+sig would be nice
~Bryan~
Quote from AndroidXP :If you mean the avatar, they are disabled for lesser peo... errr demo users.
And before you ask, signatures too.

Qvarnis has one. He's a demo user.
There was a time where demo users could get avatars, but it got disabled due to wide-spread abuse...
~Bryan~
Yeah, some people still have them from the time demo users were allowed to have avatars. The option was removed, but the existing avatars weren't. However, as far as I can tell such avatars are removed on sight now, with the exception of a few people who are actually S2 licensed but for various reasons use a demo account for posting here (like J.B., for example).
Anybody know why he posts as demo? I haven't see much of him lately...
~Bryan~
I haven't really been here long enough to get annoyed by the demo guys yet...

But a lot of demo users do seem kinda rediculous in the way many put insane amounts of time into the demo without ever actualy buying the product.

Hearing about demo users who having been playing for years is not too uncommon, and aside from the fact that if they like the game enough to play the same track for years they should support its development its just annoying that people would be so cheap. (Maybe I am spoiled American but its hard to imagine $50 over a few years to be that difficult, specialy if your paying for a computer, internet, a wheel, ect...
#45 - Jakg
Quote from AndroidXP :Yeah, some people still have them from the time demo users were allowed to have avatars. The option was removed, but the existing avatars weren't. However, as far as I can tell such avatars are removed on sight now, with the exception of a few people who are actually S2 licensed but for various reasons use a demo account for posting here (like J.B., for example).

They aren't removed on site - only XCNuse does this, and from "what i've heard" this isn't looked on kindly...
Quote from dropin_biking :Anybody know why he posts as demo? I haven't see much of him lately...
~Bryan~

He wanted to keep the same username from RSC afaik.
Quote from Jakg :They aren't removed on site - only XCNuse does this, and from "what i've heard" this isn't looked on kindly...

You're right. He got his ass handed to him that day
Quote from tristancliffe :I don't hate demo users. My hatred is done on an individual basis. It just so happens that more demo users end up on my hate list then licenced people.

Hate is a strong word, and only used in this context because of the OP/current thread title.

This is why demo content should include the oval. That way, Tristan can hate all demo users, and not just the select few demo users and all oval users
Quote from AndroidXP :However, as far as I can tell such avatars are removed on sight now

Mine haven`t been deleted.. And I hope it stays there, I don`t even remember where I got that picture from, and I think it looks cool, simple and plain and it shows what I like to do.

And moderators, please don`t take it off I promise to buy the S2 license as soon as possible, might take till next summer if I get an summer job. This time it`s not a hollow promise, atleast I hope I get something done right for the first time in my life =P
Ignore?
Quote from dropin_biking :Ignored

Ignored, lol

Edit: This edit was ignored too
This thread is closed

Negativity towards demo users?
(84 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG