The online racing simulator
GT stripes [solved]
(11 posts, started )
GT stripes [solved]
Hi.. Im going to make GT stripes on a XRT, from bottom of front bumper, over hood and roof and down to bottom of rear bumper... The question i got is how do i align the stripes on the rear bumper with those on the hood/roof/front bumper?
Anyone who has a template with pre made stripes?

Thanks for all answers
psd format ?! i dnt know how to use that stuff :P
If you are using paint you will have a hell of time aligning the stripes. If you don't want to fork up the cash for a program like Photoshop, get the Gimp. It's free and a very good app which supports PSD files and layers.
i use Photo Filtre...

Noone got an overlay with the center of the car or something?
Yep, on a psd layer, part of Bunta's skinning template kit.

But for the XRT and a couple of wide stripes you can just about eyeball it and get it close enough.
Here is the wireframe in PNG format. All credits to Bunta
Attached images
xrt wireframe.png
Ok, ive got photoshop now, but how do i use the Wireframe and mask? im sooo noob here.... i Thought i would get a 3D model of the car which i could paint on?
You have to import the wireframe layer onto your skin paint layer and set the blend mode to multiply so the wireframes appear superimposed onto your skin/paint layer. Think of it as laying some transparent tracing paper over your paint layer. You can then paint on the paint layer (not the wireframe layer) using the wireframe lines as a guide to get the paint in the right place.
If this is a bit confusing, then spend a little time googling photoshop tutorials - basic stuff like working with layers and setting layer blend modes, and it will all become very clear and straightforward to you.
Quote from Manijack :Ok, ive got photoshop now, but how do i use the Wireframe and mask? im sooo noob here.... i Thought i would get a 3D model of the car which i could paint on?

I'm afraid there's no 3D model to paint on. You can only paint on the flat skin then open the game or model viewer to see your work.
i figured it out yesterday and it came out very nice!
Thank you all for your help.
great

GT stripes [solved]
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG