The online racing simulator
#1 - FDNY
G25 - Logitech Wheel Doen Not Work !!!
My G25 Wheel doesnt work Ive tried reinstalling it and resetting the drivers. Eveything else works But the wheel itself....
The shifter works and the pedals work But the wheel doesnt even turn when It usually does at the start of the computer.
#2 - bbman
Does the power LED flashes? If yes, disconnect the PC from the socket for a while and try it again... See if that works...
Plug in the PSU. The wheel doesn't activate till you actually supply it with power. Just putting in the USB plug is not enough.
Actually Android, it will work, but it won't have FFB / autocalibrate :P You need to atleast have it plugged into power as you plug it in, to get it to calibrate, then you can unplug it.
#5 - aoun
I had 100% the same problem. Take it back they gave me a new one..

Now, i dont have a reverse gear .
#7 - aoun
No joke, the G25 is a crazy + awesome steering wheel, but i dont think logitech did a good job with bugs/errors etc
Quote from aoun :No joke, the G25 is a crazy + awesome steering wheel, but i dont think logitech did a good job with bugs/errors etc

did u tried pressing the gear stick or that thing.. and then putting it to reverse ?
for reverse to uhave to push down first then put it into gear
Unfortunately the reverse gear not working is a pretty common thing to happen to G25 wheels, either it's already broken on delivery or it stops working after some time (or it lasts forever, who knows). I know because I recently had this happen to me - the funny thing is though that I wasn't racing at that time at all. At least it was easy to fix; a orange cable connecting the button unit at the bottom with the circuit board at the rear of the shifter had snapped (probably due to fatigue). Actually, 95% of the repair time was dedicated to dis- and reassembling the unit. Finding the problem and soldering the cables back together was quite easy.
#11 - FDNY
Iam still searching for solutions....

Nothing yet. Ihave only own my Logitech wheel for about 1 month now and Iam geting furious.!!!

My wheel doesn turn or calibrates its self at the beginning of the Windows Start Up.

Can anyone help Iam afraid Iam going to have to get in touch with Logitech.

The Pedals work the Shifter works the Power light is on..... totatlly clueless On what is going on.

If you can help I will gladly appreciated !!!

Thanks in andvanced !!!
#12 - aoun
FDNY, take it back and get it replaced =).

To the others, ofcourse i know how to hit reverse in the shifter.

and android, do you have a guide or steps to fixing the reverse gear? Because i really dont want to go to get a new one AGAIN they will think i broke it.
Quote from FDNY :Iam still searching for solutions....

Nothing yet. Ihave only own my Logitech wheel for about 1 month now and Iam geting furious.!!!

My wheel doesn turn or calibrates its self at the beginning of the Windows Start Up.

Can anyone help Iam afraid Iam going to have to get in touch with Logitech.

The Pedals work the Shifter works the Power light is on..... totatlly clueless On what is going on.

If you can help I will gladly appreciated !!!

Thanks in andvanced !!!

If you go in the game controller properties dialog (found under start > settings > ...), select the G25 and view its properties, does the wheel graphic in there move when you turn the wheel? Or differently, if you go into LFS into the controllers section, does one of the right yellow bars move when you turn it?

If so, you just need to assign the axis correctly, which how to do you can find out here.

If not, then the wheel is really broken

Quote from aoun :To the others, ofcourse i know how to hit reverse in the shifter.

and android, do you have a guide or steps to fixing the reverse gear? Because i really dont want to go to get a new one AGAIN they will think i broke it.

I don't really have a guide for the fix itself, as it can apparently have multiple reasons. I lucked out and only had to solder a cable back together, the guy below in the first link for example had the board itself broken.

This might help you with the button circuit board.
And here are some parts of the shifter disassembled.

I can, however, help you with the disassembly of the shifter unit. Just PM me if you need guidance.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG