The online racing simulator
STCC #10 Sim Touring Car Cup
(125 posts, started )
I use soundforge, skype and a USB headset
Nice show. Though it reminded me how bitter this race was for me. I already smelled my 2nd 4th place in a row when I ran into this FXO that rejoined into traffic.
But nethertheless I enjoyed watching this one.
You never give nothing. dling now.
#79 - Dru
i must admit - there are some parts i love about these broadcasts and some things i hate.

Overall i think you are doing a greatjob, i mean christ, i even like Tristan in these broadcasts and he doesn't sound anything like what you think if you read his posts... it's actually quite an eye opener..

The funny thing is, when you listen to commentry, you always imagine what people look like, based on pictures..

when i watched this last one all i could think of was Becky as her Simpsons avatar, and Tristan as that Mexican he dressed up for for his T7R interview ... hehehehhehhehe

What the eyes don't see the mind makes up some truley weird things

Anyway, great overall again .... lol, except for the part where you talked about the drivers all the way down the field regularly winning races... i don't think i've ever seen Dan win a race lol even in the old ZWR practice days hehehehe

J/K Dan
Quote from thisnameistaken :I can't tell who anybody is, except Vain, and I've watched all the races. The Muroc cars look the most distinctive but I've no idea who is driving which.

You tell me you can tell between vain and Horci? The first time after the start they showed Horci at the back of the midfield, I though wth happened to vain that he ended up so far behind? Why haven't the commentators noticed that?

Only after that I saw that vain still was fourth and remembered that he an Horci joined forces somewhere throughout the season...
Quote from Dru :when i watched this last one all i could think of was Becky as her Simpsons avatar, and Tristan as that Mexican he dressed up for for his T7R interview ... hehehehhehhehe

I was a cowboy, and it was for a panto.

It's the last time I tell three_jump about my non-racing galleries
#82 - Vain
I think the ART skins are easier to tell apart than some others. In almost every reasonably close shot the encoding lets at least one color from the driver's flag shine through. I also run aluminium colored rims and David uses black rims. I have a big red logo on my bonnet and David has a clear spot there. I have "The Obstacle" written in black letters on my rear bumper and David has a bright white logo there.

Of course you need to look out for these differences. But the skins of a team need to be very similar. Compare it to Formula 1. You can't tell the two BMWs apart unless you look out for the helmet color and know to associate the colors with certain drivers. It's similar with our skins. It's the commentators' job to give that information to less educated viewers.

Vain

[Edit]
Oh, and Lang: You would've had 4th if you had just left me alone. Liigman was slower than both you and me in the end. If you had avoided the battle with me you would've easily passed him and finished 4th. But you rather wanted to finish 7th...
In round 9 Raemisch had the similarly stupid idea to rather battle with me than follow me. He could've been 4th, but he elected to become 10th.
Vierumäki didn't want to concede 3rd to me either in round 9. Well, the 13th place finish was hopefully enough food for thought.
Resistance is futile!
Quote from bbman :You tell me you can tell between vain and Horci?

It might sound weird but I think I can spot Vain from his driving style.
Quote from Dru :lol, except for the part where you talked about the drivers all the way down the field regularly winning races... i don't think i've ever seen Dan win a race lol even in the old ZWR practice days hehehehe

becky didnt sound like she was very convinced of what she said herself on that bit
I know, becuase Horvath is the only one I can crash
Quote from Vain :I
Vain

[Edit]
Oh, and Lang: You would've had 4th if you had just left me alone. Liigman was slower than both you and me in the end. If you had avoided the battle with me you would've easily passed him and finished 4th.

I don't think that anyone is going to let someone pass without a battle. Loosing a position ain't an option and I will always battle someone who's trying to overtake me. I also don't really think I could have overtaken Liigman. Fact is I lost that position due to this totally unecessary incident, damaged my suspension in it and couldn't keep the others behind me.
Well i finally downloaded it lol got bored of waiting It was a nice broadcast Becky but definitly rushed and that was quite clear.

Few strange tactics by some drivers this race *Cough* Dustin, but over all a good race, bar the middle part that was rather calm, to bad Tristian didnt get more Mic time, love hearing his oppinion on situations ect.

Anyway Becky hope to see the next broadcast(s) and how well they turn out. Good job once again.
It was to prove I was a better driver than Dan, I can toss it into a wall several times, and still beat him
GREAT...DOWNLOADING
cant wait ..
Please guys, don't give away the results.

There are people reading this thread who haven't yet watched the broadcast
Quote from Hyperactive :Please guys, don't give away the results.

There are people reading this thread who haven't yet watched the broadcast

You can see the results on forums and stuff before the race broadcast is made.... Infact how far behind IS the broadcast, to the actuall race dates?
I wonder which forum you've seen the results at?
YouTube?
Great race. But I feel like you guys (commentators) are holding back a little bit.

Not monotone, but mono-commentary somewhat.

When someone is hounding the car in front lap after lap, please tell us how amazing the pressure is.

When cars go pass back and forth turn for turn, tells us what a great race it is.

Feel free to show some genuine interest when three cars crash with two laps to go...

The racing is amazing, but if you want this to appeal to a broad audience, you need to let your commentary fly
Downloading @ 605 kb/s, can't wait to see the action
What a great video!

I have the whole stcc season (execpt the 8 offcourse) and its amazing how we can see the improvement between the 1st and the 10th race. It's an amazing work you've done there!

But you can do better
It would be nice if the retired driver was shown in the driver list but in gray with a little R just beside his name or something like that. It would give a good idea of how many driver has retired from the race.

Another improvement would be to show the diffrence between the laptime of the aimed driver. It was a close race between V. Szabo and Pinnola but its hard to have an idea of how close it is. There is still space on the screen to be exploited. It could be displayed on the right bottom of the screen.

Finnaly, when the race is over you show the "parc fermer" lap and the drivers who go to pit. Why not display a final grid of the race? Like Name | Avergade Lap time | Best lap time? It would give a nice mix with commentaires and in the background the "parc fermer" lap.

Otherwize, the rest is quite perfect. A bunch of replay of the crash, nice video angles and also great actions! But i must agree with srdsprinter, it's sometimes mono-commentary wich is not bad but we'd like to hear more the second presentator.

Good work from all of you wich bring this stcc video!
#97 - Jakg
Quote from BlueFlame :You can see the results on forums and stuff before the race broadcast is made.... Infact how far behind IS the broadcast, to the actuall race dates?

You can't see the results anywhere, the results are meant to be under NDA, and the replays aren't meant to be posted (although someone's posting them somewhere!).

The race dates? TBH it doesn't matter...
Great video and great racing! Very dicey in the midpack.

I was going to recommend that the STCC have special bump and jump broadcast to promote that part of CTRA, but it looks like you just did!

Keep up the good work and where can I pre-order my DVD?
Quote from Jakg :You can't see the results anywhere, the results are meant to be under NDA, and the replays aren't meant to be posted (although someone's posting them somewhere!).

The race dates? TBH it doesn't matter...

Replays Jakg? They are on the STCC site
Results, They used to get published as the broadcast came out, can't find them now

Rawr, this is my sexy growl.
WOW!!!

This is one of the infinite reasons that I appreciate STCC/CTRA.

10/10. Excellent work. Brilliant!

STCC #10 Sim Touring Car Cup
(125 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG