The online racing simulator
Quote from Albieg :Apparently FIA acquired the video on YouTube as new evidence against him for the Vettel/Webber accident.

'Tube

So, if the investigation concludes Hamilton is guilty, we can expect him to have the same penalisation that Vettel has been subjected to, or worse. Or will Vettel and Hamilton share both guilt and punishment, with 5 positions each? Will Hamilton lose any points? I'm not placing a bet on anything, FIA's behaviour is so erratic that I cannot absolutely have any kind of expectation.
This is what Yahoo Sport are saying http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/ ... uji-win-under-threat.html

Quote "Should Hamilton be found guilty of dangerous driving, he could, in the most extreme case, be disqualified from the race.

More likely however is that he will be given a time penalty, dropping him from first place but keeping him in the points, or a ten-place grid drop for this weekend's race".
I think a time penalty would be fine. Maybe a 10 or 20 second penalty, both of which would put him 3rd, behind Kimi (). Just shows that slowing at the end can backfire on you!

I'm not a big fan of carrying penalites into the next race - the infraction occured in a race, and the penalty should apply to that race. If Hamilton doesn't put a foot wrong in China, why should he be penalised?
Quote from tristancliffe :
I'm not a big fan of carrying penalites into the next race - the infraction occured in a race, and the penalty should apply to that race. If Hamilton doesn't put a foot wrong in China, why should he be penalised?

Because this could at the same time virtually reopen the championship, put Hamilton in a position where his driving skills should be demonstrated and could keep spectators' interest alive till the last Grand Prix. The show must go on, and it must be interesting!
Quote from tristancliffe :I think a time penalty would be fine. Maybe a 10 or 20 second penalty, both of which would put him 3rd, behind Kimi (). Just shows that slowing at the end can backfire on you!

Totally agreed...I think a 20 or 30 second penalty is 'usual' in these cases where something is investigated after the race. Can't see it happening though, sadly. I was more upset by Hamilton's driving at the end of the first safety car period, which I thought was outrageous.

Quote :I'm not a big fan of carrying penalites into the next race - the infraction occured in a race, and the penalty should apply to that race. If Hamilton doesn't put a foot wrong in China, why should he be penalised?

Yeah, agreed. Vettel's penalty should remain that he took himself out of contention for a podium. There's no reason to drag it into China.
Quote from Albieg :...

Apparently FIA acquired the video on YouTube as new evidence against him for the Vettel/Webber accident.

FIA going through youtube videos to find evidence. I just laughed aloud when I read that. I think they did the same thing with the Mclaren case .

Maybe I should send them links to dailymotion and veoh too just to get myself free formulas for the next few years .

Oh, damn. This isn't actually funny!

Quote from Hyperactive :FIA going through youtube videos to find evidence. I just laughed aloud when I read that. I think they did the same thing with the Mclaren case .

That's what I meant saying the situation is getting more ridiculous by the day.

What separates the comical side from the ridiculous one is the quality of laughing. It's just like a bad joke: you don't laugh about the joke, you laugh about the people telling it. For me it's quite an unsettling laughter.
Quote from Hyperactive :FIA going through youtube videos to find evidence. I just laughed aloud when I read that.

Why? YouTube videos are evidence just like any other sort of videos. The FIA don't have stewards standing on every corner in order to judge who might be at fault, so they have to rely on video evidence. Whether this comes from the FOA or some Japanese punter on YouTube makes no difference.

I said immediately after the race that the stewards should investigate Hamilton's driving so I'm happy to see the investigation started. The only laughable part of this is that you can be fairly certain they won't punish him.
Quote from Albieg :Because this could at the same time virtually reopen the championship, put Hamilton in a position where his driving skills should be demonstrated and could keep spectators' interest alive till the last Grand Prix. The show must go on, and it must be interesting!

Thus generating another artificially created situation.

Why can't incidents in a race no longer be just that....racing incidents. For instance, if the FIA hadn't penalised Alondo during 'Pitlane Gate' then I reckon we would have an even closer championship at the moment. Warnings or consistant point penalties I think would be just as effective as all these different penalties that are handed out willy-nilly.
This has been probably the most farcical year on record in terms of random stewarding and inconsistent penalties. They might be thinking the bias in favour of Hamilton (Hungary, Germany, Japan) has been blatant enough that they're going to give him a meaningless (in terms of the championship) penalty so they can declare they're impartial.

I think as far as the FIA are concerned, two stupid penalties cancel eachother out, but they are still better than no penalties at all.
Can someone put it on rapidshare?
Quote from Bean0 :'Tube

Gone.

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Formula One Management"

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I wonder where this guy on the comments on the youtube link got this information:

"Race control at that point ORDERED car 19(Vettel) to overcome all other cars, to be the leading car, right after SC. To accomplish that order, LH went right. So did Webber goind left. Both reduced speed and an anxious Vettel (cause his great performance at fuji) hit Webber."

illepall
Article 40.7 of the F1 sporting regulations states:

Any car being driven unnecessarily slowly, erratically or which is deemed potentially dangerous to other drivers at any time whilst the safety car is deployed will be reported to the stewards. This will apply whether any such car is being driven on the track, the pit entry or the pit lane.

I'm no race steward and my judgement could be far from correct, but if someone drove like Hamilton behind the safety car I'd just think "what the hell", or, as Vettel said, that Hamilton was retiring. He was, in my opinion, dangerous to other drivers since he was confusing racers behind him.

Edit: just as a curiosity, does anyone know if FIA can gather some information about the exact positions of the cars during a race at any given time? GPS, at least to my knowledge, isn't that precise, but it sounds decidedly odd that FIA had to rely upon an amateur video... no positioning system, no cctv, no metrics whatsoever. A bit strange if you ask me (not strange, ridiculous ).
Hamilton's driving under SC was nothing if not erratic...
is it just me that sees, since the introduction of the safety car in 1994, every single car behaving in this so called erratic way?
Just you... I've NEVER seen someone repeatedly slow down to that drastic extent for no forseen reason...
Quote from DeKo :is it just me that sees, since the introduction of the safety car in 1994, every single car behaving in this so called erratic way?

I can't say I can remember many safety car periods well enough to comment authoritatively, but I'd say no. You often see cars swerving down straights to keep the tyres warm, but the constant brake/accelerate Hamilton was doing is a bit different.

I think you've also got to remember that the visibility must be taken into account here. In good weather other drivers have plenty of time to react so any erratic driving isn't too dangerous. However, in the rain or in the dark (Schumacher in the tunnel at Monaco), braking suddenly is very dangerous.
Quote from StewartFisher :Why? YouTube videos are evidence just like any other sort of videos.

Offtopic: We got here first "Youtube" case couple of months back when some lower school student had filmed his teacher singing (obviously very badly) during a lesson and had put the video to youtube with some kind of sarcastic "Retard singing" title. Court decided it was insulting. Or something like that... I don't remember how the case specifically went.

Quote from Bean0 :Gone.

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Formula One Management"

For me that link still works, I see the video frame and all but it doesn't play... youtube is lagging or something.

I think that FOM (=F1 Management) simply wants to remove "bad publicity" videos and copyright is probably nice excuse for that... I once uploaded the Massa vs. Alonso backwash talk video from European GP and it got removed with same "copyright claim by FOM" reason.. which especially was interesting because the video was actually courtesy of SpeedTV.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG