The online racing simulator
Clarification on participant choosing.
Hope you don't me asking but was hoping we could have a little understanding on the choosing process for participants.

I have been reading the last hour on comments and I really can't understand if lap times play a huge part or if it's on other things more.

For instance, I put in a lap time on SO of about 1.35 which I know is slow compared to some. If I know it's going to be on lap time I'll prac like made to get to the 1.33 times.

Thanks... Andy
#2 - Dru
The big picture or the ''million dollar question'' is how many signup's we will have.

Ultimately the entering of a hotlap is there to signify that you have understood and read the rules before signing up - almost a commitment as it where, that you understand what this league is all about.

The time ultimately does not matter. You could be a WR holder or someone who has only done a 2 minute lap.

Both carry the same weight.

More importantly we are after driver who can race, and race clean and race fair.

If you do all of this then you are likely to be confirmed as an entry.

Now whether you get onto the gird is upto you.

I am assuming that ultimately we will have a confirmed attendance between 30 and 50 driver.

The plan is to make a signup/draft that takes all of this into account.

The idea is if we get more than 30, then we run a 'pre-qualifying' structure.

The structure that we have in place will cater for this on a race night.

The structure is not set in stone, nor are the people who will be handed the free pass into qualifying.

Rest assure however, that this pass is then only there for the first race, After that, the passes will be handed out to the people who have raced fast,fair and clean, and have finished as the top scorers from that round.

The idea forinstance is htat the top 20 scorers for that round will be given a secured place in the next weeks qualifying. The remaining 10 places on the grid for SO rounds or 12 for Fern Bay and Aston will be decided by a qualifying session by all NON-passed drivers.

These fastest drivers will be given the pass into proper qualifying where they will enter the race and have chance to score points. Then after that race, the top 20 scores get the pass for the next weeks racing.

This then rewards consistancy.

I guy that scores points in one race and crahses out of the other 2 races is unlikley to get enough points from the round to be in the top 20. It then put's a 'price' on making 'that move' people canthink before going for it.

Also we hope to have live updates for the points within the races, therefore before the last race of the evening, everybody know's what they need to do to get the auto pass for the next week.

This pass of course can be revoked for any illegal race moves etc etc.

However, this is the plan.

The Initial 20 passes for round 1 will be issued closer to the races, but it is fair to say that passes will be given to people who are contributing to this league in ability, attendance of practice, sharing sets and being nice people. Basically they are going to be handed out to people who are bringing a posative contribution to this LFS and UF-Baby-R community.

I hope the about waffle answers your question to a satisfactory level

Regards,

Dru.
I think that answered Andy's question, whether he understood it is another thing entirely
I'd prefer it in Yemenite but was fine in English..... doesn't really matter you didn't make the effort to write or translate for me --- I can cope!!!!!

Thanks though Dru.. really helps a lot. thanks for the effort!
#5 - Jakg
Riiiight....

Ok. So i really don't want to roll any more then.

Nah, you roll on Rollmeister. Right up until the start of first qualifying session, then you go home
Hmmmz must get some serious practise in then. Damn keep forgetten to post a replay. I must do that.

Even I could understand it as a stupid dutch so yemenite muppet must understand it as well
#8 - Jakg
Quote from Dru :The time ultimately does not matter. You could be a WR holder or someone who has only done a 2 minute lap.

But does it hold any weight at all? I *really* want to get in this league, and if going from a 1:34 down to a 1:33 (sure it's easily possible) would help my chances it's worth it...

The idea is if we get more than 30, then we run a 'pre-qualifying' structure.

When will this be? ie there are a lot of HR drivers wanting to enter, and while having half a grid of guys who can cut the Mustard is a bit absurd, i'd rather that than a bunch of n00bs instead - imo each driver should be assessed on individual merit

The structure is not set in stone, nor are the people who will be handed the free pass into qualifying.#

Have you decided who get's this magical free pass yet?

The Initial 20 passes for round 1 will be issued closer to the races, but it is fair to say that passes will be given to people who are contributing to this league in ability, attendance of practice, sharing sets and being nice people. Basically they are going to be handed out to people who are bringing a posative contribution to this LFS and UF-Baby-R community.

I just hope i fall in this category

Too lazy to properly quote, so i just bolded my answers...

I'm not addicted, there just isn't anything that's got my adrenalin going like this since the Round #1 of the STCC. Let's just hope it doesn't turn out the same way
#9 - Dru
I know your an addict Jack

Regarding your questions/Answers.

Entering a hotlap confirms your interest in the league.

As we are only running 1 division then there is no need to get a WR hotlap done.

Entrants will not be selected for their speed.

Entrants will be selected based on their commitment to this series, their racing attitude and racecraft.
We want clean racers here, not people who do or die moves every other corner.
We don't want long drawn out protracted arguements on the server or these boards regarding who had corner rights etc etc.

There should be no reason why these car crash between 2 drivers with mutual respect and know how to drive.

Therefore every race, every incident in these practice nights are being noted and used as 'points' material.

You speak of HR's numbers in the sessions, yes there are certainly lots of them, however we will not exclude people based on their teams love of this car

What we may do is set out that for the first round only a maximum of 2 drivers per team will have a free pass the others can go into pre-qualifying and if they make the grade they race, it's that simple

I'm at work so can not discuss at any length, but Jack m8, if you wanna chat come to our ventrillo and pass over any ideas you have, or let me come to ukct to talk?

Yes this series is exciting - REALLY exciting

Hopefully we can convince Becky to make a pilot episode of it and if it's popular enough then we can get someone to record the series
#10 - Dru
Oh BTW, until sign up closes in a few weeks - no announcements will be made
#11 - Jakg
I don't know what your Ventrilo IP is, actually, or which version i need to use.

Your still using the FM Ventrilo server aren't you...?
#12 - Dru
Quote from Jakg :I don't know what your Ventrilo IP is, actually, or which version i need to use.

Your still using the FM Ventrilo server aren't you...?

Yup...
Has been displaced:

Quote from Dru :
afterall, can i just confirm that as it stands we have still space for more to join the series and that all drivers currently signed up (if they attend) should be able to race.

isn't it (based on your Qualifing-system) a limit of 50 drivers? (20 best in the last event + 30 in pre-qualifing)

BTW: above was mentioned the team/skin thing.
yfb is (theoreticly) open for another 4 racers. (I have two more skin designs, all-Gold and all-Silver)

my question would be: Dru said that there could maybe the rule, that only two drivers of one (big) team were allowed to drive directly in qualification at Round 1. The others have to pass pre-qualifing first. Is it fixed to (little) teams in one (big) team?

example:
Team Sponge have 6 racers:
Team Sponge 1
Team Sponge 2
Team Sponge 3

could Team Sponge now decide to sent driver 1 of A and driver 2 of B directly to qualifing or does is it team 2+3 who have to pass pre-qualifing?

(hope I'm not too much Off Topic)
#14 - Dru
Hi Falke, perhaps i can answer some of your questions

The sign up is for 50 Drivers maximum to have in the series.

For every round where more than 30 people from this list turn up to race there will be pre-qualifying.

Pre-qualifying is the way we will get our numbers down to the max size for that race:

32 at FE2R,FE1,AS1,AS2R etc (numbers may not be correct)

30 at SO1,SO4,SO5R etc

This way, we only run 1 divison but more importantly it will be full.

As we can not cater for 50 drivers on the track at once there will be a system which allows 20 drivers to not take place in the prequalifying.

From Round 2 the system will be that these 20 drivers will be the 20 people who scored the most championship points at the previous round.

These 20 races will change each week based on the last weeks scores.

The remaining driver will be required to make a 15 minute qualifying session whereby the quickest 10 or 12 (depending upon the track to race) will join the 20 drivers and make a full field of 30/32 drivers.

The drivers that do not get through pre-qualifying will not take any further part that race session, but will be able to pre-qualify the following week etc.

The question then remains who will be the first 20 drivers to get the pass.

Well this is a subject that will be decided after signup closes.

The 20 places will be handed out to 20 people who in my ears has helped the UF-Baby-R league in one way or another.

For instance, someone who has been involved in testing on the server, practice races and forum posts (altohugh spamming does not count) i beleive should be rewarded just as much as a WR holder or a member of X team etc etc

I have a list of all signups and the 'top 20' changes daily.

The entry replay that was requested is to do with the candidates commitment to the series.

If they hand in a hotlap like it says then we know they are commited enough to make the series as they have gone out of there way to do the HL for us
#15 - Dru
Regarding your second Question, about teams and the passes.

Passes will be handed out to drivers rather than teams, although the signup closes before these handouts are handed out, therefore a driver pairing will be known and made PRIOR to the passes.

This way it means that people are together because they want to be rather than 2 guys who made the first qualifying.

Also this way it means that people are more likely to practice as teams and work on setups.

There will be situations in the hand out that maybe one team member gets a pass and his team mate has to pre-qualify.
This is not an issue, it simply means that that guys has to pre-qualify for that round. If he is quick enough and gets into the points then inot the top 20 for that round then he does not have to pre-qualify the next week, but then the other driver how had this pass for round 1 may make mistakes or not be quick enught and fall out of the 20 highest scores for tht race for the next weeks qualifying.

This is a dynamic system which will be great.

The 20 passes are not handed out for a season, they are handed out each week for the 20 highest scorers for that race, that way it rewards the drivers.

It is not handed out for the top 20 in the championship, therefore if the championship leader has a bad round, and finishes outside top 20 that race, he has to pre-qualify the next week etc.
Sounds very good and fair to me Dru

Consistency being the key in this one, being taken out or crashing is going to be costly, you better get your stewards hat on and an appeals process in place because with these cars you could be kept pretty busy

#17 - Dru
we are hoping that the amount of testing that everyone is doing on the servers means that hopefully that will not be the case as people would have been 'self-regulated' by then.

Also we are looking at a system similar to 'trial by peers'
Quote from CELTIC100 :Consistency being the key in this one, being taken out or crashing is going to be costly, you better get your stewards hat on and an appeals process in place because we these cars you could be kept pretty busy

why carnt we just race like professional drivers. All this complaints and appeals is pointless, real life racers dont have to complain after every race as they respect the rules given to them. just because it has a furom doesnt mean we have to appeal over everything

well thats my view
I asked because (maybe it sounds self-destroying) I would like to pre-qualify the first Round. This would give me some bechmark. I could compare me to everyone else as well by racing day by day online but actually my Internet is as stabil as the MRT is raceable for S2 beginners. I think 'til league start I could solve this problem.
#20 - Dru
Quote from Psymonhilly :why carnt we just race like professional drivers. All this complaints and appeals is pointless, real life racers dont have to complain after every race as they respect the rules given to them. just because it has a furom doesnt mean we have to appeal over everything

well thats my view

Hopefully reading the above post will placate you a little

We hope that the drivers in this series will be able to drive cleanly and minimise the amount of problems.
Quote from Psymonhilly :why carnt we just race like professional drivers. All this complaints and appeals is pointless, real life racers dont have to complain after every race as they respect the rules given to them. just because it has a furom doesnt mean we have to appeal over everything

well thats my view

It would be great if there was no complaints, appeals etc but it is still necessary to have a system in place should the need arise, which exists in the world of real motor racing.

Hmm, I doubt you don't watch the same type of motor racing that I do else you would see the level of dodgy driving that goes on in BTCC and the complaints, appeals that plague F1.
i watch ALL motorsports i can from classics to F1.
but all this appeals talk is just showing that ppl are going to appeal to every little contact that happens and not just taking it as a racing incident like real life racers do.
i remember plato having a barge in BTCC which cost the other driver some championship points and nothing was appealed against ( unless i missed it ) they both took it as racing

flame on
Hehehehe what have I started

Nah what I mean lads is these cars produce such close racing that the odd tap here and there is bound to happen and most of the time the result is that you both lose a tenth or two, but there is a marked tendency for these cars to roll at the drop of a (Stewards) hat

The Baby's are awesome fun mind
Quote from Psymonhilly :i watch ALL motorsports i can from classics to F1.
but all this appeals talk is just showing that ppl are going to appeal to every little contact that happens and not just taking it as a racing incident like real life racers do.
i remember plato having a barge in BTCC which cost the other driver some championship points and nothing was appealed against ( unless i missed it ) they both took it as racing

flame on

I'm sure there won't be many complaints to deal with, right guys

A nudge here and there is just part of racing, however the last thing we want is driving quality that has any similarity with BTCC standard
#25 - Dru
I think that the only real thing that people have to appreciate is there mirrors and momentum.

These cars can go 3 wide easily, therefore you have to check both sides or even past the car you are already looking at.

Also momentum, i find that if you get a bad run out, the guy behind will get you, but just don't slam the door it'll kill your momemtun, by the time you close it they will be along side and by then you'll be in trouble and passed again. best give them space, let them pass and repass at the next corner after you get a run back

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG