The online racing simulator
Team Fortress 2 Kicks butt!
(9 posts, started )
Who has played the latest instalment of the team Fortress game with the source based TF2?

brilliant fun....
#2 - wien
I couldn't play it for the longest time because of this issue: http://forums.steampowered.com ... s/showthread.php?t=598493, but after upgrading to 2GB of memory (for different reasons) I finally got in a few hours of playtime last night. Great fun indeed. As a longtime player of Enemy Territory i could probably take a little more diversity in the missions, not just capture/hold point so-and-so, but since the actual gameplay is so intense it doesn't really matter. Nothing beats taking a soldier on a rampage with a medic on "übercharge" behind you.
How do you get to play the beta? Do you have to pre-purchase over steam?
#4 - wien
Quote from Origamiboy :How do you get to play the beta? Do you have to pre-purchase over steam?

Yep. You get it by pre-ordering "The Orange Box" (HL2, HL2:Ep1&2, Team Fortress 2 and Portal). Not sure if you get to take part in the beta if you just buy the game by itself, but you probably do. Never really looked.
Quote from wien :Yep. You get it by pre-ordering "The Orange Box" (HL2, HL2:Ep1&2, Team Fortress 2 and Portal). Not sure if you get to take part in the beta if you just buy the game by itself, but you probably do. Never really looked.

Great, thanks! Seems like its time to buy the orange box then, doesn't it? Only comes to £22 here, and it seems like it will be made available online a week earlier than the UK as well. What am I waiting for??!

(I already have HL2 and Ep1, but hey ho...)
It's about £26-£27 when VAT is added. It's not available a week earler in the UK, the Orange Box is released to everyone on October the 10th. Plus, if you already have HL2 and HL2:Ep1 you will be able to give them away to a friend.

AND you get Peggle Extreme too. A 10-level puzzle game based on the Orange Box games.
Quote from Kryten :It's about £26-£27 when VAT is added. It's not available a week earler in the UK, the Orange Box is released to everyone on October the 10th. Plus, if you already have HL2 and HL2:Ep1 you will be able to give them away to a friend.

AND you get Peggle Deluxe too. A 10-level puzzle game based on the Orange Box games.

I forgot to take tax into account.. Oh well.

BTW, you misunderstood me. I said it was released online a week earlier THAN the UK. Play.com have it listed for the 19th for the boxed copy.
Quote from Origamiboy :BTW, you misunderstood me. I said it was released online a week earlier THAN the UK. Play.com have it listed for the 19th for the boxed copy.

Ah ha, yep see that now. :doh:
Quote from Kryten :It's about £26-£27 when VAT is added. It's not available a week earler in the UK, the Orange Box is released to everyone on October the 10th. Plus, if you already have HL2 and HL2:Ep1 you will be able to give them away to a friend.

AND you get Peggle Extreme too. A 10-level puzzle game based on the Orange Box games.

i would never give something away for free, or it has to be your gay friend

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG