The online racing simulator
different looking
(11 posts, started )
different looking
what if.... there where different body's on the same chassis
then you could race against different looking cars who are still equal to each other.
a different grill and headlights can make a difference
in real life it is done and a lot of cars look a like
the only problem i can think off is the difference in down fore and air Resistance

please don't reply with just a no, at least explain
#2 - Woz
This is somthing that has come up many times before. There is a simple way to say why.

There is one person that makes all the 3d models. Would you prefer he creates more models that bring nothing more to LFS than looks. His time is better spent on car model brings that bring NEW types of car s to LFS.

The same person also creates the tracks. So you can see, its more about how to best deploy time.

Hope that helps
I think it's a reasonable suggestion, but maybe the devs can impliment modding, so people can make their OWN 3d models.. but obviously, I think if would have to be policed.. I don't want to see mobile genitals and Ice Cream vans racing in my UF1 League.
#4 - herki
Quote from Woz :This is something that has come up many times before. There is a simple way to say why.

There is one person that makes all the 3d models. Would you prefer he creates more models that bring nothing more to LFS than looks. His time is better spent on car model brings that bring NEW types of car s to LFS.

The same person also creates the tracks. So you can see, its more about how to best deploy time.

Hope that helps

in my opinion almost every type of race car is already in lfs.
(ok this can revoke some reactions but it's my opinion, i only mis a Le mans type of car)
thats the same about the circuits; there are already lot of variations
if somebody wants an different car it's mostly about how the look.
it's less time consuming to make a different body then to make a new car.
#6 - Woz
Quote from swingkid :in my opinion almost every type of race car is already in lfs.
(ok this can revoke some reactions but it's my opinion, i only mis a Le mans type of car)
thats the same about the circuits; there are already lot of variations
if somebody wants an different car it's mostly about how the look.
it's less time consuming to make a different body then to make a new car.

Then you have not seen many forms of racing or drivin many different types of cars.

Here are a few that spring to mind wwithout even trying...

Le Mans (As already stated), Aussie V8s, old 70s muscle cars, trucks (Yes that is serious), Prototype C, Nascar...

Thats 6 new types already.
It's true - it is far less time consuming to make a new body for the same car. But I'd prefer Eric build whole new cars with different characteristics to slot into an existing class, or create a whole new class (rally please :nod. Noone really knows what Eric's working on with regard to cars right now but (imho) it would be wasting his time to bother with different shells for the same chassis/engine.

FYI: there are racing series that use a standard chassis/engine with different body shells to add to the visual spectacle (like Aussie Racing Cars), but they're purpose-built for the class and not based on road cars like LFS cars apparently are. Also, Aussie Racing Cars, being RL racing, is a spectator sport and that's pretty much the sole reason for the body variants. LFS isn't for spectators, it's for the drivers, so there's not a lot of point using the same visual philosophy. When you're racing, the last thing on your mind should be your bodykit
i must admit ,when i race i notice the other cars but i don't really look at them.
Quote from Woz :Then you have not seen many forms of racing or drivin many different types of cars.

Here are a few that spring to mind wwithout even trying...

Le Mans (As already stated), Aussie V8s, old 70s muscle cars, trucks (Yes that is serious), Prototype C, Nascar...

Thats 6 new types already.

prototype c is the old Le mans
we already have front, rear and mid engined cars /front, rear and all wheel drive/beginner and advanced cars (that is how i look at it).
you can't have a look a like for every car there is
what does the aussie v8,muscle car and nascar add to the cars there are already there(the trucks ;yes you are right) then you want all the old cars? '30 ,'50 ,'60 ,'70 and '80 (formula ,saloon ,Le mans...)
i don't say i don't like them (i do:nod but what kind of race feeling do you mis: or just a V8 saloon?
a well everybody has his own apinion and /or view about the things

ps i that your car
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/femdre/mini.htm
just some pictures of minis in holland
#10 - Woz
Quote from swingkid :prototype c is the old Le mans
we already have front, rear and mid engined cars /front, rear and all wheel drive/beginner and advanced cars (that is how i look at it).
you can't have a look a like for every car there is
what does the aussie v8,muscle car and nascar add to the cars there are already there(the trucks ;yes you are right) then you want all the old cars? '30 ,'50 ,'60 ,'70 and '80 (formula ,saloon ,Le mans...)
i don't say i don't like them (i do) but what kind of race feeling do you mis: or just a V8 saloon?
a well everybody has his own apinion and /or view about the things

There are still huge holes in the LFS range.

Nascar stryle cars for example are VERY old tech cars with huge power and a live axle, 4 speed box etc. They are so unlike anything we have already.

Then we are missing RWD cars that will compete with UFR/XFR. Something like a BMW1 series size of car and then something like an old BTCC style Volvo 850 would be good.

Also ALL the real high power cars in LFS have downforce, which is just dull dull dull. 500+ bhp and now downforce is more fun to drive as more of a fight to get the most from the car.

Then the older vintage cars where the technology was not up to the job. E-Types etc that could go in straight line but not really corner.

Then there are the 1960s F1 cars (GPL style). Adding these would be a HUGE draw for the GPL crowd and also a great addition.

Aussie V8s are very different again from anything we have in LFS. Huge power but heavy tanks. ALso racing Utes where the weight managment and transfer become more of an issue as you setup for a corner.

I would also like cars like the old Spirit Of Speed (Late 1930s cars). SOS was crap but the cars in a good sim would be fun.

The there are the old Group B cars that got banned from Rally but were used in Rally X. Like the Metro 6R4 and Ford RS200. Both Monster 4WD 500+ bhp monsters.

But yes, a car should only be added if it feels different and adds something.

Quote from swingkid :ps i that your car
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/femdre/mini.htm
just some pictures of minis in holland

I no longer have the Mini It could not deal with the milage I needed to do in it. 30 year old cars are not good when you expect them to do 80+ miles a day for the drive into work and back.
you got me
I'm convinced
like you say ;as long as the cars add something to lfs

i also don't drive mini anymore, i tuned and maintained them myself and didn't had the time and money any more
still miss them

different looking
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG