The online racing simulator
Quote from Bob Smith :There may be surprises on the horizon.

Haha, that's the way to do it

OMGOMGOMG!
Devs: Please don't add any more cars, I haven't finished skinning the old ones yet.
Quote from LFSn00b :When the devs are going to release the skinfile of the new car?

there has been no commitment or promise by the devs to release anything, to my knowledge...

there are some very interesting (and fun! ) things going on but as far as i know an official release of dp1 in lfs remains only a possibility, no more and no less.
Yes, but if Smith, who is close to the devs, says "there could be surprises on the horizon", then half of the forum is going mad...including me!
Yes but before everyone has a fit of excitement you have to remember that horizons are, quite often, rather far away.
Quote from STROBE :Yes but before everyone has a fit of excitement you have to remember that horizons are, quite often, rather far away.

Quote :
Distance to the horizon

The straight line of sight distance d in kilometers to the true horizon on earth is approximately

where h is the height in meters of the eyes. Examples:
  • Standing on the ground with h = 1.70 m (eye-level height), the horizon is at a distance of 4.7 km.
  • Standing on a hill or tower of 100 m height, the horizon is at a distance of 36 km.
To compute to what distance the tip of a tower, the mast of a ship or a hill is above the horizon, add the horizon distance for that height. For example, standing on the ground with h = 1.70 m, one can see, weather permitting, the tip of a tower of 100 m height at a distance of 4.7+36 ≈ 41 km.
In the Imperial version of the formula, 13 is replaced by 1.5, h is in feet and d is in miles. Examples:
  • Standing on the ground with h = 5 ft 7 in (5.583 ft), the horizon is at a distance of 2.89 miles.
  • Standing on a hill or tower of 100 ft height, the horizon is at a distance of 12.25 miles.
The metric formula is reasonable (and the Imperial one is actually quite precise) when h is much smaller than the radius of the Earth (6371 km). The exact formula for distance from the viewpoint to the horizon, applicable even for satellites, is
where R is the radius of the Earth (note: both R and h in this equation must be given in the same units (e.g. kilometers), but any consistent units will work).
Another relationship involves the arc length distance s along the curved surface of the Earth to the bottom of object:
Solving for s gives the formula
The distances d and s are nearly the same when the height of the object is negligible compared to the radius (that is, h<<R).
As a final note, the actual visual horizon is slightly farther away than the calculated visual horizon, due to the slight refraction of light rays due to the atmospheric density gradient. This effect can be taken into account by using a "virtual radius" that is typically about 20% larger than the true radius of the Earth.

I don't understand nothing of it, but here's your answer.
We have to wait 2.89 miles approx.
Quote from dpcars :official release

Official? Is there an unofficial release you've been playing, or told about
Quote from tristancliffe :Official? Is there an unofficial release you've been playing, or told about

The best way to spread rumours is to officially deny them.
So, are we able to assume that there is SOMETHING, maybe the dp1, since this is it's thread?
Maybe strippers on T1?

oh and this car looks very nice. it would make a very nice apperance in lfs

hopefully some day!!
The thing that should be in lfs is an updated bf1, since the 2007 season is coming to an end but no updated f1 yet.
Quote from rich uk :Maybe strippers on T1?

Thanks, now I'm trying to remember what that's from. Wasn't it Top Gear?

Quote from rc10racer :The thing that should be in lfs is an updated bf1, since the 2007 season is coming to an end but no updated f1 yet.

Or the F1.08 with no TC
Quote from Fabri91 :So, are we able to assume that there is SOMETHING, maybe the dp1, since this is it's thread?

Quite possibly. We'll just have to wait.

On the F1 car - I doubt we will se a BF1 '07. It's probably barely much different anyway other than the tyre business.
Quote from rc10racer :The thing that should be in lfs is an updated bf1, since the 2007 season is coming to an end but no updated f1 yet.

It is so damn popular anyway. (sarcasm) A 2005 RAC should be something more interesting.

Tbh, we have already 19 cars. Even if there is still room for some more or less obvious ones 19 is still a lot. Few that I can think of are a RWD competitor against the XFR/UFR, a mid engine car in GTRs and LX8. Imho that would more than enough for S2 final. Looking at other content we have basically only 6 tracks so...
Yeah, sorta xrg gtr, an xrr with xfr engine would be cool.
But then we would have 4 XR versions.
Quote from Hyperactive : Few that I can think of are a RWD competitor against the XFR/UFR, a mid engine car in GTRs and LX8.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way...

And a prototype class..
Quote from tristancliffe :Official? Is there an unofficial release you've been playing, or told about

I'm still unemployed. What do you think I do all day?

/rumour mill

Edit: actually, it's probably best if you don't answer that, thinking about it.
Out of all the cars bought up on the forum I still think the DP1 looks the coolest and the most interesting. Would be fabulous to have it up and running in LFS sooner or later.
Quote from Bob Smith :I'm still unemployed. What do you think I do all day?

/rumour mill

Edit: actually, it's probably best if you don't answer that, thinking about it.

Now you gotta change your avatar to say "Other Hand of Mod" :magnify:
Quote from Fabri91 :I don't understand nothing of it, but here's your answer.
We have to wait 2.89 miles approx.

Rofl mate

Anyway, I really hopes the DEV`s are planing something special in their next release, that would be awesome.

And btw, wished they would finish the rallypack they said they worked on last year, someone know if that ever is going to be released?
Quote from The Very End :
And btw, wished they would finish the rallypack they said they worked on last year, someone know if that ever is going to be released?

I don't remember any official word about that rumoured rally pack.
tomorrow............oh wait i mean I don't know.

Andy29 it's usually me mentioning strippers on T1. No one ever takes me seriously :'(.

Bob we all know what you really do with the hand of Mod.............(making cups of tea)

Blackout there were things said about the rally pack on IRC about a year ago but then it went more silent than Steven Hawkings after his batteries ran out.

Absolutely denied.
I WANT THE RALLYPACK NOW!!
Well, it probally was more like a rallycross pack or something, and it was said to be released before x-mas last year, but then suddently... no more words about that anymore. It`s strange, they used some time on it, and made stuff, but didn`t release it, what they did with the things they allready had made, deleted them? :/
Quote from rich uk :
Blackout there were things said about the rally pack on IRC about a year ago but then it went more silent than Steven Hawkings after his batteries ran out.

But was it really from the devs?
the devs did mention it in a few interviews (i'll try and find links if I can be bothered)

It was definatly offically mentioned. 0_o i'm sure we will have it someday.

DP1 in LFS possibility [warning : large images]
(489 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG