The online racing simulator
G25/DFP - Degrees of Rotation
(16 posts, started )
Hi everybody,

I've been playing LFS for a while now and i was wondering if it was possible to create a program that would change the Degrees of Rotation on the logitech G25 or DFP so that it matches that of the car in game.

So.....

If you used any of the following cars
XFG, XRG, XRT, RB4, FXO, LX4, LX6, UF1, UFR, XFR, FZ5

then the program would set your Logitech G25/DFP to 720°

Similarly.....

if XRR, FXR, FZR = 540° then
Logitech G25/DFP = 540°

if FO8, BF1 = 450° then
Logitech G25/DFP = 450°

if MRT = 270° then
Logitech G25/DFP = 270°

I enjoy realism as much as anyone,
so if im driving the LX6 in one race with the degrees of rotation set to 720° in the logitech profiler..... and then i swap to the BF1 for another race i dont want it to still have 720° degrees of rotation..... but instead i want it to be changed to 450° automatically without having to go into the logitech profiler each time.

Does anyone feel the same?
I don't understand why you have to change the wheel rotation everytime? I set mine to 900° when I bought it and still have 1:1 steering in all cars... if i reach a limit for one car the ingame wheel just won't turn further.
Im not entirely sure you understand the problem. Let me try to elaborate...

Some cars are 720° so i set my Logitech G25 to 720° in the Logitech's profiler so the steering wheel is physically limited to 720°.

Sometimes i like to use cars like the BF1 which is 450° in game, so i like to change the logitech profiler to physically lock the steering wheel so that it only uses 450° of rotation.

Does that help?
I think he means, say your driving a FXO. With say 720 degress, if you swap to a MRT, your wheel auto adjusts to 90 degress.

If that made sense :P

Ash
#5 - kaynd
I have always the wheels degrees set at 720degrees in the game and at the driver.
Also I have the wheel turn compensation bar to 1

So my G25 wheel matches always with the car’s steering wheel.. I just do not have the feedback stop when I pass the rotation limit on the cars that have less than 720degrees lock to lock rotation.
Thats the thing i want though!

I want to have the physical feedback stop changed according to which car i drive. So if im using a car with less than 720° then my steering wheel would have the feedback stops at exactly the same as the game. So if im driving BF1 (450°) then i would like the feedback to stop me once i've reach 450°

Maybe we could implement an option in LFS that actually changes the degrees of rotation on your steering wheel to match that of the car you are using in the game.
#7 - kaynd
Hmm I got used to it and it doesn’t bother me.

After all I don’t not know how easy it is for LFS to change the degrees of rotation at Logitech's driver and how would that real time change, effect the calibration of the wheel.
I always have my G25 set at 720° aswel but it still bothers me.

On the odd occasion i do like to use FO8 or BF1 and since this is a simulator, shouldn't we be using like for like degrees of rotation? Plus i find that you actually need to reduce the degrees of rotation when using a fast car like the BF1 because the corners come at you at a much faster rate.
#9 - kaynd
With my settings the cars wheel turn and my controller turn is always 1:1
The only thing that is missing is the stop…
e.g when I drive the cart I use only the 270 of the 720deg of my wheel rotation… there isn’t anything to stop me turning the wheel out of the effective range.
Yep it is 1:1 but there's no stop there, oh well i guess i'll just have to live with it. Thanks all that have listened, it was my first thread and im glad that there were so many that responded very quickly. The LFS community really is GREAT!
Quote from Mr-Apex :Yep it is 1:1 but there's no stop there, oh well i guess i'll just have to live with it. Thanks all that have listened, it was my first thread and im glad that there were so many that responded very quickly. The LFS community really is GREAT!

A variable stop will be very welcome addition. I hope it's included one day.
Quote from Mr-Apex :Yep it is 1:1 but there's no stop there, oh well i guess i'll just have to live with it. Thanks all that have listened, it was my first thread and im glad that there were so many that responded very quickly. The LFS community really is GREAT!

Do you know if there is a way to programatically change physical stop, or is it only exposed in the Logitech profiler. Writing code that picks up what car you are in is relatively trivial, but the question is, whether there is a way for the code to tell the logitech driver to change.
Hi!

At my machine, the setting is stored here:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Logitech\WingMan Software\CurrentVersion\GlobalDeviceSettings\DrivingForcePro]
"OperatingRange"=dword:0000021c

But, you're right, the problem is to say the driver to apply the changes.

paXton
Or you know, instead of messing with the driver setting (which might be stored elsewhere if you use a game-specific profile), how about Scawen simply implements a FF stop in LFS? Can't be too hard to detect the wheel overturning and applying a full opposite force...
Quote from AndroidXP :how about Scawen simply implements a FF stop in LFS? Can't be too hard to detect the wheel overturning and applying a full opposite force...

Sounds like the ideal solution really (discounting a magically adjustable hard stop).
Quote from AndroidXP :Or you know, instead of messing with the driver setting (which might be stored elsewhere if you use a game-specific profile), how about Scawen simply implements a FF stop in LFS? Can't be too hard to detect the wheel overturning and applying a full opposite force...

would probably be even better since it might just get rid of that pulling in behaviour the wheels have at their ffb stop

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG