The online racing simulator
12h of Kyoto: Penalties & Warnings
All teams should pay attention to this thread often (or on IRC) to be informed of any penalties or warnings given.

At the moment we are having complaints of cutting, so warnings will be handed out soon if it continues! Remember, if you want to file a complaint, send any admin a replay and description of the incident within one hour, and we'll check it out.

Warnings:
#30 GT2 - Fusion Racing - Please stay off the grass, and stay on the track

Penalties:
#23 GT2 - Triple 7 Racing - DT penalty for dangerous driving while re-entering the track
#26 GT2 - Prodrive - DT penalty for chatting during race
#24 GT2 - Team XFR - DT penalty for chatting during race
#02 GT1 - SK Gaming - DT penalty for chatting during race
#27 GT2 - Orange Racing - DT penalty for chatting during race
#14 GT1 - Infinity Skills - SG penalty for two incidents of poor racing conduct when overtaking in the chicane on laps 2 and 7.
#06 GT1 - POD Racing - 2 lap penalty added from 2 Shift+P's into the pits.

#09 - Drive through - tried unlapping with an unsuitable risk lap242
#11 - Drive through - tried unlapping with an unsuitable risk lap149

#01 - Drive through - chatting during race "01 - S. Pasic : this one" (this happened around 10h 22:38, and a penalty was not given)
-
(three_jump) DELETED by three_jump
Quote : #26 GT2 - Prodrive - DT penalty for chatting during race "C. Maier : !!!PRODRIVE PoWeR!!!"

Sorry, I have "!!!PRODRIVE PoWeR!!!" binded to F8 key and I wanted to press F9 to switch from F12 to tyre temp view and I pressed F8 by mistake.
Just out of curiosity (because I'm stuck in the Albuquerque airport at the moment) what was CoRe's DT for?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Just out of curiosity (because I'm stuck in the Albuquerque airport at the moment) what was CoRe's DT for?

Not sure. You just got a DT for speeding in pits, maybe the one before was for the same thing.
Ah, okay.
#6 - Cawwa
Quote from Tweaker :
#24 GT2 - Team XFR - DT penalty for chatting during race

Sometimes you want to kick yourself in the arse. I pressed the wrong button (which was a smiley) when I saved the replay ...
Quote from Tweaker :A#14 GT1 - Infinity Skills - SG penalty for two incidents of poor racing conduct when overtaking in the chicane on laps 2 and 7.

I don't agree with the lap 7 incident. It's clearly visible that I couldn't take the turn because the right-rear side of my car was hit when starting to turn...
Quote from csimpok :I don't agree with the lap 7 incident. It's clearly visible that I couldn't take the turn because the right-rear side of my car was hit when starting to turn...

One could disagree maybe, but attempting to outbrake someone that is ahead of you in this corner is clearly just asking for contact. Secondly, after those two attempts, it would've been sportsmanlike to let Cyber regain position, but you kept driving. If you were to let him re-pass after, there probably wouldn't have been a protest filed, or a penalty given... maybe just a warning.
Quote from Tweaker :One could disagree maybe, but attempting to outbrake someone that is ahead of you in this corner is clearly just asking for contact.

Maybe you'd like to rephrase that or are you now telling people where they can or cannot try to pass others?
Quote from teaz-R :Maybe you'd like to rephrase that or are you now telling people where they can or cannot try to pass others?

I don't think you understand unless you use the videos to help reinforce. In summary, it was a very unsafe and careless move, to put it in light terms. And are you insinuating that this judgment is wrong?
Yes i saw the video, but the way you've said it isn't right regarding racing in general. Penalties always set an example for future penalties and what you're basicly saying is that people shouldn't try to pass another car (in front is usually where the passed car at that point is) at a specific corner. Shouldn't the discussion be more about overlap for example rather than a corner?
All that Tweak was saying, as I understand it, is that passing in that manner into that corner (and other corners like it) is asking for trouble. You might get away with it 90% of the time (probably quite a generous figure), but there's always that 10% chance of contact, for which you will be at fault.
Just want to add that I don't question the judgement/penalty, just the words used reasoning it. Such a big league as MoE the admining should leave no room for misinterpretations don't you think?
For sure. I think that's a problem that a lot of LFS leagues have (not pointing a figure at Tweak here, or at least no more than at myself in my IGTC admin role), in that the professionalism of the admins is sometimes spotty and the wording of rules and judgments ambiguous.
Quote from teaz-R :Just want to add that I don't question the judgement/penalty, just the words used reasoning it. Such a big league as MoE the admining should leave no room for misinterpretations don't you think?

Alex and I are the only 2 admins that are taking care of this race at the moment because of serious last-minute absences. He handles the server in-game, and I take care of everything out of the game. I am creeping up to the 30 hour mark of trying to be very cognizant in managing this league's race (which is something I did not expect to be doing on a Friday night / Saturday morning) (especially for working 8 hours into the night just to validate the entire grid for the race!, only to realize the race started in 1 hour, so I stayed up), but I don't blame that for being brief in some of my posts. I've had to deal with nearly every protest, complaint, and request to fix things... there are times where the point is clear in my writing, but not enough time is taken to make it 100% clear with FIA etiquette.

I do want to mention that I am not saying how everyone should be racing in general, that is a misinterpretation on your part. Csimpok contested the video of the 7th lap, and I replied directly by stating that his actions were uncalled for in that particular incident, that is quite clear. Sure there are people passing in this chicane just fine, I've seen a few safe passes, but with a league as big as MoE, you'd expect the drivers to use proper judgment and care in passing on such a dangerous corner, and not pull a Top Gun maneuver. If this was a real incident between two cars, it could result in bad consequences... in this game here we don't need to worry about that. Only thing we look at is keeping the racing safe and fair to prevent any further incidents like this.
-
(Alex-Ger) DELETED by Alex-Ger
Many thanks for your efforts and dedication Tweak (and other admins)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG