The online racing simulator
I always thought the DP1 would be a very nervous car at high speeds, due to the short wheelbase.

But man... it sure does look fun!
Quote from MAGGOT :I always thought the DP1 would be a very nervous car at high speeds, due to the short wheelbase.

But man... it sure does look fun!

it has same wheelbase as UFR. some of the perceived 'nervousness' of the prototype may be due to alignment and/or aero weirdness, it's too soon to tell. changing front toe from in to out definitey helped. and maybe i just need to get used to it. the fastest i've gone in it so far is 126 mph. i've spun it twice, both at low speed and both under braking. i did manage to catch a number of slides so it is doable. because the driver sits fairly far back in the car it is very easy to tell what the back end is doing. however i would imagine without the seat-of-pants feedback slides/spins would be much harder to catch in LFS because it all happens FAST. if anyone here has ever driven a 125 shifter kart, the dp1 drives VERY similar to that.
what's going on? any news?
uh oh... I've totally forgot about this thread

[Daydreaming] maybe it's teh suprise for patch Y :P [/Daydreaming]
I want this, i want it badly
It looks very cool Wishd i had one of these

When will they get in Serial Production
There may be surprises on the horizon.
Quote from Bob Smith :There may be surprises on the horizon.

Hmmm........wonder what that means...........
Quote from danowat :Hmmm........wonder what that means...........

Bob just had some spare fuel for the rumour machine
Quote from Dennis93 :It looks very cool Wishd i had one of these

When will they get in Serial Production

Last thing I heard is that DP is nearing the go-ahead for his production run starting in Q1 08.

He's finally got his V8-powered Ariel Atom up and running BTW.
Quote from srdsprinter :He's finally got his V8-powered Ariel Atom up and running BTW.

I think i've just done a little man wee

@danowat and android, didn't Vic mention new cars in that SRT interview. So if the Raceabout is anything to go by, then a new car might just be a real world motor from a small independant manufacturer, so maybe...Dpcars, Radical, Ariel

Don't want to start any rumour mill here or anything, but....looks like things are getting interesting again
Quote from Bob Smith :There may be surprises on the horizon.

Oh you evil little b**tard
Now you fired up a hope to many people, like me, just to get disapointed later :P
Just went through the LFS section of SRT...
DAAAARGH.... THE TORTURE OF WAITING IN HOPE IS KILLING ME
-
(Blackout) DELETED by Blackout
the Dev's keep quite quiet about patch Y, and we never know on what Eric is working.... New car would definatly rock the house
That interview with Vic wasn't really anything new, can't believe I actually went all the trouble to find that out. Everything on wheels has been a known slogan for long time.
To quote Vic when asked about future cars "We've experimented with many things not currently available in LFS e.g Buggies (?) and Karts. What will happen in the future ?, a lot more than we currently have now, that's for sure".

Then tie that in with Bob Smith's comment.....who knows whats coming

Anyway, i don't think the Guys would really appreciate all this speculation right now, there's no word of a date for the next patch and no word of what will be included, so, there's no gaurentee new cars will be along anytime soon. But it's nice to dream....
Dennis has been very busy with outside projects this year. He did just get the Atom with the Hartley Hayabusa V8 (400hp) running, but it is not exactly track-ready yet.

Dennis, unfortunately for us, can't publicly document the progress on the production dp1 car like he did for the prototype. So, it is a wait and see situation now.

Track days in Portland are now shut down until February next year because of the track getting repaved, widened and changed a bit.

So it will be a while before he can do some serious testing with the Atom (unless he takes it up to Pacific raceways in Washington or down to Thunderhill in California). Not to mention the winter rains just kicked in here today... a wet track would not be a good idea for a first drive in that monster.

As far as the rumors go... let em ride. It is totally non-productive, useless and usually completely wrong, but it is fun
that car need to be in a racing sim it looks great and would be a lot of fun
Bah, i'm dying for this car. It would be soooo much fun to skin.
Quote from srdsprinter :Last thing I heard is that DP is nearing the go-ahead for his production run starting in Q1 08.

He's finally got his V8-powered Ariel Atom up and running BTW.

Just did the Ariel Atom (2) experience and more oomph and lots of downforce and that would be a street car (well streetable or partially legal.. ) that just decimates other production based vehicle on the track. Will the V8 Atom be a 400hp Atom?

I was meaning to dig this thread up and check what's going on with it. Thanks for doing it!
Quote from Mister2zx3 :Will the V8 Atom be a 400hp Atom?

yep - see http://www.dpcars.net/atom.htm for the full story on 'project bikini' (just click on page 1 upper right for the beginning). it's taking a lot longer than hoped for but so it goes. i'm awaiting arrival of a wideband O2 sensor to facilitate mapping of the ecu. too bad the rains have started already...

dp
Quote from dpcars :yep - see http://www.dpcars.net/atom.htm for the full story on 'project bikini' (just click on page 1 upper right for the beginning). it's taking a lot longer than hoped for but so it goes. i'm awaiting arrival of a wideband O2 sensor to facilitate mapping of the ecu. too bad the rains have started already...

dp

Good to hear! Previously did you have the ecotec in the atom? What does it weigh and what does the V8 weigh? I need to be able to find more time before I can bother with picking up another toy. Too many already sitting around collecting dust. Time for a garage sale and a change to facilitate more play time.
Read up on his website, the whole history of the car is in the link he provided. He had test driven a Honda powered version, and another at Pacific Raceways I believe. He worked with Brammo to specifically get his with the V8, just without any developement/support.
Oh god, bob smith, now you fired up a hope to many people...
Quote from srdsprinter :Read up on his website, the whole history of the car is in the link he provided. He had test driven a Honda powered version, and another at Pacific Raceways I believe. He worked with Brammo to specifically get his with the V8, just without any developement/support.

Just did that. 375hp NA V8 that is using the MTX75 ( Slocus, heh ) transmission and comes in 100lbs lighter than the ecotec. So it will be very close with additional plumbing and bits. Very Nice!

DP1 in LFS possibility [warning : large images]
(489 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG