The online racing simulator
John Force drag car crash video
(45 posts, started )
#1 - JeffR
John ended up with a compound fracture of his left ankle, a sever abrasion to his right knee, broken left wrist, broken fingers and abrasions on his right hand. His cat scan showed no brain injury. Kenny Bernstein was OK.

Hi res (1280x720) version:
jfhr.wmv

Lower res (640x360) version:
jf.wmv

Lower res (640x360) annotated version explaining what happened:
jfan.wmv
#3 - TiJay
Mmmm... HDTV... *goes starry eyed*
Interesting name....John Force
Quote from lizardfolk :I didnt know that drag drivers were known for anything at all

At least its only 4seconds on full throttle and not 30+ (Nascar)
Quote from BlueFlame :At least its only 4seconds on full throttle and not 30+ (Nascar)

Actually it's more like 8 seconds because if you go full throttle on a oval u'll slam into the wall Heck, in Bristol there's rarely a time when you CAN go full throttle because the track is so small (FYI Kyoto is a bad oval)
Well FYI Richmond is the best Oval, and FYI Talladega is the same as Kyoto.
Quote from BlueFlame :and FYI Talladega is the same as Kyoto.

No from my very limited experience of oval racing (a bit of pick up N2003) I can tell you that Talladega is nothing like Kyoto. Do you have to insist on turning any thread involving American motorsports into a flame fest you've been getting as bad as Duke
Quote from JeffR :John ended up with a compound fracture of his left ankle, a sever abrasion to his right knee, broken left wrist, broken fingers and abrasions on his right hand. His cat scan showed no brain injury. Kenny Bernstein was OK.

Hi res (1280x720) version:
jfhr.wmv

Lower res (640x360) version:
jf.wmv

Lower res (640x360) annotated version explaining what happened:
jfan.wmv

What did the timing beacons damage on the car to cause that?

And what a stupid place to put timing beacons that have the potential to destroy a car like that...
Quote from ajp71 :No from my very limited experience of oval racing (a bit of pick up N2003) I can tell you that Talladega is nothing like Kyoto. Do you have to insist on turning any thread involving American motorsports into a flame fest you've been getting as bad as Duke

I just have a few issues
Yes obviously we cant have mature discussions about ovals *cough tristian*

I'm very disappointed. I didn't expect people here to be so ignorant and idiotic. You should know better

Honestly, these anti-oval attacks are no better than the attacks that football fans make that "driving a F1 car is boring and easy, and thus F1 shouldn't be a sport".

I just cant believe that people here would lower themselves to that level. :thumbsdow

I'm not going to lower myself to that level and start personally insulting people as Tristan and the FM guys has done. Seriously.....get some class
#14 - Jakg
Quote from lizardfolk :I'm not going to lower myself to that level and start personally insulting people as Tristan and the FM guys has done. Seriously.....get some class

No offence, but while the FM guys are easily the worst, and while your not as bad as Tristan (i know Tristan's joking, but if you've got no sense of humour he sounds like a troll, and tbh he sometimes can be) but your not exactly trying, especially by throwing comments like "Obviously Forbin doesn't consider ovals as real serious tracks.

As a result, his view is likely that oval racers are retards with no skill and cant drive for crap :rolleyes:" when all he said was that driving the FO8 on another track is harder than driving on the oval (which you can't disagree with)

Sort if out guys please. You all provoke and misquote each other ffs.
Quote from lizardfolk :Yes obviously we cant have mature discussions about ovals *cough tristian*

said the guy whos micking dragracing (which for the record i think is just as bad as oval racing but hey im not trying to take an moral high ground here)
Quote from Shotglass :said the guy whos micking dragracing (which for the record i think is just as bad as oval racing but hey im not trying to take an moral high ground here)

That was a JOKE (hence the smiles). BlueFlame combated that joke with another joke

What he or I said shouldn't be taken seriously
lol why do people hate nascar and oval racing so much.
Quote from mutt107 :lol why do people hate nascar and oval racing so much.

Because people are not open minded about other forms of motorsports and like to think that the form of motorsport they watch (or grew up in) are great and others are all crap.

It's a superiority complex and the false consensus effect rolled into one that affects ALL of us.

I know japanese drifters who think that drifting is the only "real way to race" where as NASCAR is just "going in circles" drag is just going "in a straight line" and F1 is just "how much money the teams can dish out". I can give reasons on different degrees why people think ovals are retarded

These are a few other catagories:
Layman's perspective: They think that driving a NASCAR going 180 mph around a superspeedway is just like them driving 20 mph in their family sedan around a circular parking lot. (Same type of people who think F1 cars are easy to drive) Therefore, they think it's easy and anyone can drive a stock car

Elitest perspective: When driving in an oval, racing line doesn't matter. There's no specific way or "art" of driving a oval. It's just going in circles.

False Competition Effect: Going in circles doesn't provide great action as road courses does

Growing Popularity perspective: These people are offended by the growing popularity of NASCAR and IRL. Therefore, they find any reason to combat it no matter how idiotic or ignorant.

Star Failure perspective: Fans of people like Hideo Fukuyama, Christian Fittipaldi, Robbie Gordon, and Juan Pablo Montoya will be offended by how poorly they did in NASCAR. Therefore, in order to "defend" their stars, they have to insult ovals as "not real racing" so their stars wont loose any prestiege

Bandwagon Effect: Because a good majority of the people in their surroundings dont like ovals, they, in turn, also dont like ovals. They dont have a particular reason why.

Judgemental Eye Effect: they just hate it. No real reason why. These people dont even give oval racing a chance. They just attack it.

Racing Taste: Some people just prefer hotlap style racing (rally, most road course series like F1, GT) over giant pack racing (NASCAR). These people dont necessarily hate it, they just wont defend ovals.

Fact Overinflation: There's two types of these:
1. Ovals dont require as much skill as road courses. Therefore, oval racers are an "inferior breed" and should not earn respect of any kind
2. Oval series (IRL, NASCAR) have inferior technology, therefore it is vastly inferior overall.

Racial: It's American so it's retarded because America is predominately ovals. Or NASCAR is filled with low life rednecks.

These are the kind of people I would like to meet

Open minded: Dont like ovals, but admit that ovals require skill and warrant some respect. They dont bombard it with ignorant attacks.

Keep in mind this is not targeting LFSers. This is a general statement
Quote from tristancliffe :What did the timing beacons damage on the car to cause that?

And what a stupid place to put timing beacons that have the potential to destroy a car like that...

The timing cone was irrelevant to Force's crash. The cars were goin 300+ at that point, and the cone had no possible way to move fast enough to the side to hit John's car. John had a massive frame failure...read ripped in half...and basically had 0 protection between him and the ground. He is lucky to be alive.
Quote from Jakg :
Sort if out guys please. You all provoke and misquote each other ffs.

I really cant sort it out with Tristan because he (and many LFSers) absolutely have no respect for me or oval racing in general.

I know most of the LFSers hate ovals and any oval racers (including me). Really, this kind of thing cant really be sorted out.

But that's alright, if you guys want to drive me away by giving me hard time, that's your decision.

I will not alter my belief just so I can be "accepted" by people in LFS. I've been patient and explained the reason behind my affinity for oval racing. But a good majority of you just wont accept the fact that oval racing is "real racing".

Hey, you know what? I REALLY DONT CARE. You're entitled to your opinion. I'm not here to "convert" you to be an oval racer and I'm not going to moan and whine about the heavy amount of flak that I've been getting just because I like ovals.

I've also gotten an implied message from Tristan that the lot of you also hate the "heavy" amount of oval news that I've been posting. Seriously guys, if the majority of the community hate me and my news (i thought they'd be interesting because of the international interest (Montoya, and Villeneuve)). Just tell me to get out and I'll leave the community. I wont stop playing the game because of the majority's consent, but I will leave the forum for good.
#21 - Jakg
Quote from lizardfolk :I know most of the LFSers hate ovals and any oval racers (including me). Really, this kind of thing cant really be sorted out.

Great. You've made up a statistic and your now the victim
Quote from Jakg :Great. You've made up a statistic and your now the victim

I was told by a good number of people that they really hate ovals.

My post was not meant as a sob story (if it was I would have worded it differently). I literally mean what I say. I'm not one of those attention starved n00bs in many video games forums that just say "i'll leave" so they can get sympathy and attention. I WILL leave if majority wants me to leave and I WILL not change my stance on oval racing
message for the pidgin literate:
Brah, don't be a lolo - if you stay go den who we be teasin' about de round dakine racing?

(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG