The online racing simulator
Retrieving of player names in replays
Hi,

With InSim it is in my opinion not possible to get the player names to the uniqueID's until everyone finished al least one Lap. The SPX gives me only the time and the uniqueID.

Is there an InSim command to retrieve all current player names or am I right that it is not possible?

thx
from the insim.txt :

Quote :TRACKING PACKET REQUESTS
------------------------
- send to LFS to request player / connection / result packets
- these requests work even if race tracking is not switched on

To request a IS_RES, send a InSimPack with Id = "RES" and value = result number (0,1,2...)
To request a IS_NPL, send a InSimPack with Id = "NPL" and value = player number (0,1,2...)
To request a IS_NCN, send a InSimPack with Id = "NCN" and value = conn number (0,1,2...)
To request a IS_NLP, send a InSimPack with Id = "NLP" and value = 0
To request a IS_MCI, send a InSimPack with Id = "MCI" and value = 0

So you can request a username by requesting NPL packets for example.
Thanks Victor,

Reading readme's is often helpful. <

But I was right that no command is existing that to get all player names with one command.

cu
Depends on the point of view ^_^

In fact, you are right... there is no request to get *ALL* NCN/NPL for players on the server and in the race.

I often used the IS_STA (status) packet to retrieve the number of connections and/or players in the race to then send IS_NCN oder IS_NPL packets for requesting player data, especially after connecting with InSim.

So... you can say there is some command and you can request everyone's data hehe
But this doesn't work when you connect to a client and not to a dedicated server and use replays. When LFS is in the entry screen there are no connections from any player so you get no data.

Hmmm, I think the best method would be waiting for the first command from LFS and then using IS_STA and NCN/NPL you mentioned.

I think it would be great when on starting a replay all player data will be sent with an own command )))

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG