The online racing simulator
North American LFS Racers ?
(11 posts, started )
We are looking to add a LFS series at CRO .. we have ran several rFactor road racing series in the past under the AASCRA Banner. The question is how many North American racers would be interested in a Monday Night Series with GT cars using LFS.
If we can get 20 or so we will go forward.
There already is a rather popular NA league (lfs-lota.net), which is running a MRT and a GTR league currently.
Yes the MRT Custom Course series runs on Monday night and the GTC (which runs GTR cars in a WTCC/BTCC format) runs on Thurs. night.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :There already is a rather popular NA league (lfs-lota.net), which is running a MRT and a GTR league currently.

But, we don't want to dissuade you from setting up another series.

It would actually be nice to have a series that wasn't open wheel cars or GTR cars.

The LRF cars would be cool, or even the street cars would be cool.

I participate in most of the LOTA series when they come up. Generally, they are run on Thursdays.

Come up with some more details about the series: rules, points systems, protesting, format, etc, and you might get some more interest. People need to know it is a solid effort before committing.

Fill us in. I might be interested in participating.
I'd be interested in a monday night league. I've been racing for a while and I'm at the point where I kind of want to join a league to branch away from my FOX BL1 racing every day.
#6 - th84
I would be up for it also.
Well currently we have the MRT Custom Cup running on Monday nights, but we have been pondering what to do once that is up as our course guy won't be able to do it after that.

One of the suggestions was a random course/car with using the GT, LX, etc. cars as opposed to the race cars.

Quote from Hallen :It would actually be nice to have a series that wasn't open wheel cars or GTR cars.

Yes, typically the premier and micro-series run on Thurs.

We are more than willing to host other series running in the western hemisphere as we already have servers available, a rules base, a series management system (constantly involving), and an established base to draw from!!

The only thing would be that typically we'd like to see different types of series rather than just the same old, same old but on another night. I.e. the MRT cup has been a success and has been quite different, but there are some technical limitations in LFS for it.

Quote from Hallen :
I participate in most of the LOTA series when they come up. Generally, they are run on Thursdays.

Quote from Joe Martinez :We are looking to add a LFS series at CRO .. we have ran several rFactor road racing series in the past under the AASCRA Banner. The question is how many North American racers would be interested in a Monday Night Series with GT cars using LFS.
If we can get 20 or so we will go forward.

What will be the format?

There is a good pick of GT car servers and leagues at the moment. Id like to see a TBO league run in North America to be honest...but would be interested eitherway.
Even tho I participate in the LOTA series I would be open to the idea. The current LOTA GTR series ends in three weeks and AFAIK they don't have anything in the horizon using the GT/GTRs.

I'd be interested in knowing the actual starting times proposed since I'm on CDT.
We don't have anything using the TBO, no. And yes, there will be a 6 week break before the next season of the GTRs. We will be offering a 4-week mini series in that break time; not sure what it'll be... we've run a rally championship and a mini-GTR championship so far.

Quote from Indiana Jim :Even tho I participate in the LOTA series I would be open to the idea. The current LOTA GTR series ends in three weeks and AFAIK they don't have anything in the horizon using the GT/GTRs.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG