The online racing simulator
Try This
(30 posts, started )
Try This
Hi,

With your steering wheel/pedal preferably a G25
simly press the accelerator with your Right foot then you Left Foot.

Let me know what you feel.
lol... Interesting!

For the same reason as the above, left-foot braking for me IRL is not nearly as natural as it is on the pc.
The throttle pedal seems lighter with the left foot, perhaps because it is used to pushing the harder brake pedal?
Holy crap!

I see what you mean. Using my left foot I practically buried the accelerator into the floor. So used to pushing a heavier brake pedal I suppose..
Today i sat down pressed the throttle with my left foot and thought my pedal were broken lol.

Good to see everyone felt the same thing happen, i thought i was going crazy .

Try it with the other pedals. Left and right foot feel the same pressure..
If you normally dig your nose with your right hand finger, try it with left hand finger. It feels different!
its cuz in the g25 the brake its too hard, when i first got it, i couldnt press the brake to full...... now i can, and if i acelerate with left foot.. omg its like if theres no pedal
I´ve felt that in automatic shift in real cars for breaking (i need to use both foots). couse I push my left foot to the clutch which is more rigid in manual shift. you need a stronger food/leg left than right.
its even more fun to press the clutch (on a real car) with your right foot
#10 - Woz
Try left foot braking IRL then.

WARNING: If you have not practiced LFB in real life ONLY do so when NOBODY is around and you have space to play because you WILL lockup the wheels.
Quote from Woz :Try left foot braking IRL then.

WARNING: If you have not practiced LFB in real life ONLY do so when NOBODY is around and you have space to play because you WILL lockup the wheels.

Nah..... I didn't lock the brakes up at all....

But my nose and forehead kinda hurts now from the impact....

Wowe that felt realy strange like thre is no throttle

and likes the brake turned superheavy

~strange~~:scared:
Well, I remember hearing something a while ago about the difference of each side of limbs. I heard that if, for example, you're right handed, you can be more accurate with your right hand, however, it is your left hand which has less accuracy but actually, naturally contains more strength than your right. I heard that the same goes for legs as well. I don't entirely believe it but I guess I'll read up more on it
The strength would depend on what you do all day, if you have to carry things around I would say the natural tendancy is to use your 'off hand' for this leaving your preferred hand free to open doors etc.

As for pedals, the first time I tried LFB in a road car (my trusty Mini) it was an experience for sure - at least 3 of the drums locked instantly.

It would be interesting if someone who has only driven autos still had no feel for the brakes with their left foot the 1st time, this would add credence to the precision vs. strength theory. However, if they did apply them in a sensible way, it would probably say more about the brain just expecting to apply a similar force to the brakes as it does with the clutch for a manual driver.
Can't really comment on the topic as such, but here's a true story of something that happened to me, which is kind of on the same lines.

About ten years ago i had to take the car in for a service. So i dropped it into the garage on the way to work. Unfortunately the only courtesy car they had was an automatic.
I'd never driven an auto before and had always thought they were a bit gay to be honest, but i was late for work, so i took it.
The garage was beside a really busy roundabout over a motorway, and it was at rush hour. So i'm sat there waiting for a gap in the traffic 1min/2min/3min, getting really cheesed off, and getting really late for work now, then i see a gap, not a big one, but it's a gap. I floor the throttle and the car launches forward, so far so good, then, muscle memory kicks in and i try to change gear .
Thing was, my clio had a really stiff clutch so i was used to a quite a bit of resistance, so with a firm push i pressed what i thought was the clutch pedal (it had almost the same amount of pressure as my clutch) and moved the stick into 2nd gear !
Yeah right.....more like brake pedal to the floor in a stream of fast flowing rush hour traffic.
So after coming to a screeching halt i floored the throttle, and thats when i found out i'd actually moved the stick into park Thankfully the sound of the engine bouncing off the rev limiter drowned out the car horns and naughty words being hurled at me from my fellow motorists.

How the hell no-one slammed into the back of me i'll never know.
I did something similar to that on an absolutely packed 3-lane highway in rush hour. Tried to shift down to pull out and a pass a truck and stamped on the brake. Very lucky not to cause a pile-up, it was nose to tail traffic.

I feel no difference using my left or right foot. Maybe it's because I ride my bicycle a lot .
Quote from Leprekaun :Well, I remember hearing something a while ago about the difference of each side of limbs. I heard that if, for example, you're right handed, you can be more accurate with your right hand, however, it is your left hand which has less accuracy but actually, naturally contains more strength than your right. I heard that the same goes for legs as well. I don't entirely believe it but I guess I'll read up more on it

Its weird i Write Left handed but do everything else right handed (throw a ball ect) so in theory my right foot should be easyier to press throttle
#19 - Nobo
Quote from Arrow. :Today i sat down pressed the throttle with my left foot and thought my pedal were broken lol.

Good to see everyone felt the same thing happen, i thought i was going crazy .

Try it with the other pedals. Left and right foot feel the same pressure..

Strange... feels somehow weird
but its definately because you push harder with left, because i have to push harder with the right foot on the other two pedals.
Quote from srdsprinter :lol... Interesting!

For the same reason as the above, left-foot braking for me IRL is not nearly as natural as it is on the pc.

I'm used to left-foot braking on my G25, I can calibrate the pressure fairly well, and I was able to do it - although with much more difficulty - also with Momo black.

As for real life driving, I tried left-foot braking just for the fun of it. Although I thought I could manage it fairly well applying what I thought was a gentle pressure, I instantly locked wheels. The sensibility developed in each foot is completely different, and it differs also from the force applied while sim-racing.

Curiously enough, I'm not able to brake well with my right foot in LFS...
Quote from Albieg :applying what I thought was a gentle pressure, I instantly locked wheels.

ive pointed this out before but imho the problem comes from thinking that the clutch (in a real car) is about as soft as the gas pedal (im pretty sure everyone feels this way at some point) so you naturally assume that if you press the brake pedal like you would press a clutch it will be really gentle
barely touching (read with bob ross' voice) really
i always left foot brake whenever racing in rl, helps alot.

I think alot of it is because after driving for abit, your always used to pressing the clutch on manual cars, and obviously, you press it fully so there is no damage done, so after getting used to doing this, whenever you try pressing another pedal with the left foot, you press it fully due to doing it with the clutch and getting used to it.
Quote from Shotglass :ive pointed this out before but imho the problem comes from thinking that the clutch (in a real car) is about as soft as the gas pedal (im pretty sure everyone feels this way at some point)

I don't think so, I'm able to appreciate the differences in resistance, so I knew perfectly I risked locking wheels, but anyway failed to avoid it for lack of sensibility and precision, since the movement I apply to the clutch of a normal car is completely different from the one I apply to the brake and the accelerator.

I think that, in my case, this is primarily due to the fact that each foot is used to handle those different pressures and the brain has been trained to apply the correct signals, and it does so automatically when you have a long term practice.

To a certain degree it happens also when you drive a car you're not used to: you need a bit of time to adapt the forces you apply to pedals which need a different sensibility. The more you switch cars, the faster you adapt.
-
(Christofire) DELETED by Christofire
Quote from deggis :If you normally dig your nose with your right hand finger, try it with left hand finger. It feels different!

I adjust per nostrile anyway.

Arrow, that feels really wierd.
I've learned to drive in LFS before I got my driver's license so I tend to use my left foot to brake in real life, I've stalled the engine some times when I'm distracted and brake because there is some obstacle in the road

Try This
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG