The online racing simulator
Hi-res skins - who uses them?
(14 posts, started )
Ok so the new patch has been out for a good while now, and I can say hand on heart that I've never noticed a difference between high and normal resolution skins.

Who uses them and do you get benefit?
#2 - Jakg
/me does

and /me loves it!

Worth every penny - you'd download hi-res textures, add AA etc, but the lo-res skins were letting the side down. Not anymore!
#3 - Gil07
I started using them some weeks ago. My, what a difference!
I got them when the patch was released, yes it does make a difference.

edit: check the attached. Thanks to Ekar, and hi res skins, this looks just fine.

If only LFS didn't choke like crazy when there are cars on screen. GTR2 runs fine with a whole grid in front on full detail - LFS dies

Note Kev trying to take out Dan in the shot!
Attached images
5.jpg
i use them

they make a huge difference, also if you put a low res and a high res skin next to each other you can really see the difference.

worth every penny
I use them too. Never used the lo-res ones so don't really know the extent of the difference.
how much have you guys spent on high res skins? in 3 months I have 4000 skins in skins_x
I love em. well worth it
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Note Kev trying to take out Dan in the shot!

I went for the gap a tiny bit too early and clipped him a bit, but it didn't seem to upset his car. Note to self: Hit him harder next time.

Only just noticed your number plate by the way - can't believe I didn't spot it with all the laps I spent following you.
So how does it all work? If I'm using hi-res others can see it I assume. If I'm online I'll see people with Hi-res etc?
Quote from ChaseMe :So how does it all work? If I'm using hi-res others can see it I assume. If I'm online I'll see people with Hi-res etc?

It is just when you download skins to your skins x folder they used to be 512x512 but now if you credit your account you can use that money to 'buy' the higher res skin downloads (1024 x 1024)
Is there a way to make all the default skins hi res and and not download any skins while you're online and see other racers use the high res skins you have locally on your HD?
#13 - Gunn
Quote from joeynuggetz :Is there a way to make all the default skins hi res and and not download any skins while you're online and see other racers use the high res skins you have locally on your HD?

If you share your high res skins with others they can put them into their skins folder and enjoy the same quality that you enjoy.
yea hi res and lo res r a big diffrence if u want to test it out urself go to lfs and open a defualt skin ex: 4p_lfs lfsw lfsnl and then look at a skin thats 2048x2048 or a skin downloaded off the internet and look at the diffrence the original skin will b allot less clear

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG