The online racing simulator
Internet Problem
(33 posts, started )
Quote from Jakg :My Dad's a n00b and doesn't know the admin pass for the router because he bought it off eBay

Ahm, if setting up dsl over a router works like the same as over here, how the hell could you config the router for your isp if you even can't log in?
Huh ? no reset button ?, surely not even BT are stupid enough to build a router with no reset button.

I've had a quick look in the thread but could'nt see if you mentioned the make and model ? BtVoyager i'm guessing ?

Don't wanna be patronising but you do know you're looking for a tiny whole in the back panel just big enough to push a pin into it, not an actual button.
#28 - Jakg
I've never had a decent look at it, but it's a BT "Home Hub" which my Dad informs me has no reset button
Yeah, it's got a reset button, Dads say that kind of stuff to stop little fingers getting into places where they might cause a bit of bother.

Here's the user guide, the reset instructions are on page 21.

But, Jak, you must get your Dads permission before you do this, OK don't make him mad
Attached files
user-guide.pdf - 499.5 KB - 304 views
#30 - Jakg
My Dad's not like that, he genuinly believes he doesn't have one.

In the same way he genuinly believes that you can't buy a .com if your not a Business, and that the 6 GHz AMD CPU he bought off eBay will ever arrive...
Lol thats actually quite funny......

But, you just wait till you're the same age as your dad, i promise you'll be no different and you'll wish you were back in 2007 when life was so much simpler !
Quote from three_jump :Ahm, if setting up dsl over a router works like the same as over here, how the hell could you config the router for your isp if you even can't log in?

Simple: the WAN settings don't have to be configured for some ISPs. Some providers don't even bother about authentication, so PPP CHAP/PAP username and passwords can be what you like. Less hassle for the provider, less hassle for the users. And for the LAN, you have DHCP already there.
Quote from Albieg :Simple: the WAN settings don't have to be configured for some ISPs. Some providers don't even bother about authentication, so PPP CHAP/PAP username and passwords can be what you like. Less hassle for the provider, less hassle for the users. And for the LAN, you have DHCP already there.

and the username / password to start the session will only work for your phone number.

but with the main issue, i'm definatly thinking its a driver/hardware issue. did you try another nic?

Internet Problem
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG