The online racing simulator
Gentlefoot.com Re-launch
(21 posts, started )
Gentlefoot.com Re-launch
Hey all,

It's been a long time coming but I found the time to update my website.

It will be updated regularly now as the content is far easier to change.

http://gentlefoot.com

Any feedback would be appreciated. Not all the content is there yet but will be added in the next few days.

GF
Quote from Gentlefoot :Any feedback would be appreciated. Not all the content is there yet but will be added in the next few days.

Looking good - only thing I noticed was that the header will get messed up a bit if the window is wider than 1024 pixels since the background pictures keep on looping horizontally.
#3 - ajp71
Looking good

I've found a few things that could be improved though:

1) The looping header.
2) The link from the track guides to the setups page doesn't work.
3) The orange links are really hard to read on the grey background.
Quote from xaotik :Looking good - only thing I noticed was that the header will get messed up a bit if the window is wider than 1024 pixels since the background pictures keep on looping horizontally.

Yeah - its hard to do something that works on all screen res

But some people still use 800x600 so this was a compromise
Quote from ajp71 :Looking good

I've found a few things that could be improved though:

1) The looping header.
2) The link from the track guides to the setups page doesn't work.
3) The orange links are really hard to read on the grey background.

Yeah the trackguides pages are still the old ones so I need to create them for the new format.

And yeah - the links colour is set in the stylesheet so I can change that easy if I decide to.
Quote from Gentlefoot :Yeah - its hard to do something that works on all screen res

But some people still use 800x600 so this was a compromise

Well - one simple technique to make it work on all resolutions is:

Change the slidername.jpg to be only the "gentlefoot.com" logo and glue the screenshot with the wing in sliderlogo.jpg. Then change this (naturally changing the width of the second cell to the width of sliderlogo.jpg):

<!--top strip-->
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td width="62%" height="53" background="slidername.jpg"> </td>
<td width="38%"background="sliderlogo.jpg"> </td>
</tr>
</table>

To this:

<!--top strip-->
<tr>
<td height="53" bgcolor="#B6B6B4">slidername.jpg</td>
<td width="[B]width of sliderlogo.jpg in pixels[/B]" background="sliderlogo.jpg"> </td>
</tr>
</table>

A CSS layout would be more flexible - but it's okay since you got this one going fine otherwise.
I like it the way it is, i definetly think it's better than the last one.
#8 - Nobo
Nice relaunch!
Nice relaunch, the site looking good
Nice one GF looks 10x better not that the old one was bad either

I did notice one error - link on videos - Audimasters link gives you Onions Vid ?

Keep up the good work, gutted I cannot find the time to compete - Hopfully in the future I may return as the Tintops looks promising.
Quote from xaotik :Well - one simple technique to make it work on all resolutions is:

Change the slidername.jpg to be only the "gentlefoot.com" logo and glue the screenshot with the wing in sliderlogo.jpg. Then change this (naturally changing the width of the second cell to the width of sliderlogo.jpg):

<!--top strip-->
<tr>
</tr>
</table>

To this:

<!--top strip-->
<tr>
<td width="[B]width of sliderlogo.jpg in pixels[/B]" background="sliderlogo.jpg"> </td>
</tr>
</table>

A CSS layout would be more flexible - but it's okay since you got this one going fine otherwise.

nice one mate - will try that tonight.
Quote from CELTIC100 :Nice one GF looks 10x better not that the old one was bad either

I did notice one error - link on videos - Audimasters link gives you Onions Vid ?

Keep up the good work, gutted I cannot find the time to compete - Hopfully in the future I may return as the Tintops looks promising.

Cheers mate - will fix that link. Hope to see you back sometime soon mate.

GF
It may be just my bad eys but I think the orange colored links on a gray background are really hard to read.
Quote from three_jump :It may be just my bad eys but I think the orange colored links on a gray background are really hard to read.

Same here, it gives a wierd "aura" around the letters
Looks good m8 well done good work
Quote from three_jump :It may be just my bad eys but I think the orange colored links on a gray background are really hard to read.

Yeah - just haven't come up with the colours I need for the <a tag. It's set in the stylesheet so can be changed quickly. Can't use red, white or black as there is already text on the site in those colours. Might try a blue colour and leave the yellow as the hover over colour.
Quote from xaotik :Well - one simple technique to make it work on all resolutions is:

<!--top strip-->
<tr>
</tr>
</table>

To this:

<!--top strip-->
<tr>
</tr>
</table>

You're the don! Nice one mate. I used your code and changed each jpg image and now it's the nuts. Anyone with less than a 2000 screen res will never see the end of the first image. Very nice.

Big thx mate.

Come join the GFC
Quote from Gentlefoot :You're the don! Nice one mate. I used your code and changed each jpg image and now it's the nuts. Anyone with less than a 2000 screen res will never see the end of the first image. Very nice.

Ah, I see you took the "huge background image" path instead, glad you're happy with it though!

Quote from Gentlefoot :Come join the GFC

GFC and the OLFSL are the leagues I've been keeping track of - I had tried the OLFSL in the past, but sadly offline commitments always manage to get the best of me.
monkey.
Well, if you cant decide what color to use then visit this designing site. That should help.
#21 - Gunn
Keep up the good work.

Gentlefoot.com Re-launch
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG