The online racing simulator
Crashed My Bike :(
(62 posts, started )
If it was a dual purpose, you should have been further up on the tank and putting as much weight on the front end as possible, your chances of keeping traction on the front tire would have been much better.

If your rear tire slides mid-corner while on a dual purpose, it's no big deal at all. You need to focus on keeping as much weight, and thusly traction, on the front.

If it was a streetbike, then well, uh, VROOM?

I don't know shit about streetbikes :E
#52 - Jakg

My 1337 Machine of doom

Seems it's had a puncture, and from the way it used to feel at low speed to the way it felt with decent pressure tyres i'm starting to thnk that it was that that caused the accident.

Alas on further investigation, the valves broken. Yay. That's another thing to fix, on top of the £50 light i've just bought and the MOT it needs.

Damn my Quad Core and DNA stealin' all my cash!
#53 - wark
Quote from Jakg :That's another thing to fix, on top of the £50 light i've just bought and the MOT it needs.

Damn my Quad Core and DNA stealin' all my cash!

Time to get a new bike altogether? It's a sign.
#54 - Jakg
Lol @ neons.
They belong on a storefront, not a bike.
It went for £620 lawl.
Never ever get a moto if you don't go offroad. In fact, at my place there are only two kinds of moto riders:

1) Suicidal: That's almost a gang here, but the worst is one 16 year old boy: he enters every single crossroad without looking, let alone breaking, which caused me to perform an emergency brake with full wheel lock up thrice. In this month.
Also, he drives very dangerously, deliberatley trying to irritate, if not crash other bikes, without any fear of harm to himself. When going in a 30 zone as a passenger on my GFs 125cc bike (nothing fancy, but having known and seen quite a few bike casualties, I won't allow her having something bigger), that bloke speeded past us just to brake hard right in front of us, causing us to swerve and almost fall over several times, till we halted and almost dragged him off his bike. Sped away then...
To be honest I only brake for this little sucker because I can't afford a huge repair bill, let alone a new car atm.

2) The hardcore offroader: back when I still lived at my parents, there was a big field just outside of my room window. Unluckily, a boy of about 13-14 years of age, also living at that field, got a moto bike. As he wasn't allowed to take it out on the streets, he rode it on the field, right beneath my window. Luckily, just on weekends. Unluckily, from 7:30 on end till his tank ran dry.
At first, I thought it was kind of cute, as I would have done the same thing, if I had had a bike at that age. It's still annoying though if you are awoken by the sound of the small engine on the two days of the week you could otherwise sleep to your hearts contend.

So generally, I am not too fond of those bikes.
Buy a cheap car. Wreck him. Reverse back over him until he's quiet.
Quote from ColeusRattus :1) Suicidal

Man, that type must be universal.

I had the exact same incident as the last one that you describe when coming back from a training ride with by bicycle. A kid with pulled that stunt (get in front and hit brakes) as I was doing about 40km/h, turned around and grinned and then sped off. Unluckily for him I sprinted to draft a passing car, snuck up next to him (since he had no mirrors to see me) and grabbed his keys, turning off his bike - threw them in a ditch about 2km away. In retrospect, I should of kept them as I had noted his license plate.

Next time he saw me I was with some buddies: the minute he caught sight of us he cut across traffic without even looking, almost got hit by a pick-up truck, to run away into a sideroad.
#61 - Jakg
Luckily i can't do that. Why?

Because upon taking the wheel off this morning, the brake pads fell out (!) and upon touching them imediately broke in two.

I was riding my bike for a week with flat tires and borked brakes
Quote from ColeusRattus :Never ever get a moto if you don't go offroad. In fact, at my place there are only two kinds of moto riders:

1) Suicidal: That's almost a gang here, but the worst is one 16 year old boy: he enters every single crossroad without looking, let alone breaking, which caused me to perform an emergency brake with full wheel lock up thrice. In this month.
Also, he drives very dangerously, deliberatley trying to irritate, if not crash other bikes, without any fear of harm to himself. When going in a 30 zone as a passenger on my GFs 125cc bike (nothing fancy, but having known and seen quite a few bike casualties, I won't allow her having something bigger), that bloke speeded past us just to brake hard right in front of us, causing us to swerve and almost fall over several times, till we halted and almost dragged him off his bike. Sped away then...
To be honest I only brake for this little sucker because I can't afford a huge repair bill, let alone a new car atm.

2) The hardcore offroader: back when I still lived at my parents, there was a big field just outside of my room window. Unluckily, a boy of about 13-14 years of age, also living at that field, got a moto bike. As he wasn't allowed to take it out on the streets, he rode it on the field, right beneath my window. Luckily, just on weekends. Unluckily, from 7:30 on end till his tank ran dry.
At first, I thought it was kind of cute, as I would have done the same thing, if I had had a bike at that age. It's still annoying though if you are awoken by the sound of the small engine on the two days of the week you could otherwise sleep to your hearts contend.

So generally, I am not too fond of those bikes.

@1) Anyone who even thinks of taking their unplated dirtbike on the street is a ****ing moron.

@2) To be honest, you should have brought it up with his parents. But really, most people these days know how to ride courteously. They know when not to fire up their kitted out 4stroke race bikes, and they're considerate enough to install aftermarket silencing equipment into their bikes to keep the forests from turning into noise fests.

It was probably just because he was a kid. Most older riders try to quiet down their bikes because they're either A) Idiot neo-cons who want the environazi idiot liberals to leave them alone, B) smart people who realize that excessive amounts of noise hurts the ecosystem.

Crashed My Bike :(
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG