The online racing simulator
Quote from thisnameistaken :Regional dialects are older than formal English, and modern colloquial speech really isn't all that different from formal speech in terms of grammar anyway. Perhaps your particular peer group has a particularly peculiar register of speech that I'm not aware of?

Edit: If you're saying Axus doesn't understand British English well enough to correct Lewis Hamilton - if that's truly the crux of what you're saying - then you're wrong. Hamilton's grammar was terrible in that quote (assuming it is a quote and not a paraphrase).

Kev, can you speak any other language other than English. And don't say Spanish, just cos you went on holiday there.
I wasn't saying Axus' English isn't good enough. I'm just saying hes not English so he can't correct anyone's English. As for Regional Dialects. I am from South Wirral one of the Vikings main settlements during the good'ole days. Its a penninsular south of the River Mersey, southerners refer to me as a Scouser. Northerners know what a scouser is obviously, and do not.
Quote from BlueFlame :I'm just saying hes not English so he can't correct anyone's English.

This is so wrong! French is my mother tongue. Does that make me unable to notice that you spelt "hes not English" incorrectly?
I would JUST like to point out this.
I have been trying SO hard recently to learn Norwegian and obviously I'm forgetting English at the same time. Flip. Whether it is 'hes' or he's or he is. You know what it means, as does everyone, so stop being Scabby about it
But he did correct you, didnt he?
Hmm, I suspect that you meant "he may not correct anyone's English" rather than "he can't".

But what do I know? After all I'm only French.
Quote from BlueFlame :I would JUST like to point out this.
I have been trying SO hard recently to learn Norwegian and obviously I'm forgetting English at the same time. Flip. Whether it is 'hes' or he's or he is. You know what it means, as does everyone, so stop being Scabby about it

LMAO, so a Bulgarian can't correct someone else's (wrong) English and a Frenchman can't correct your (incorrect) use of English but you can tell them that they can't correct your English based on the fact they aren't English despite the fact they write better English than you or Lewis Hamilton could ever dream of.

Unfortunately you've got to accept that these bloody foreigners can speak English
Quote from BlueFlame :Kev, can you speak any other language other than English. And don't say Spanish, just cos you went on holiday there.

Actually I would've said Spanish because I spent a few years working with Mexicans every day.

Quote from BlueFlame : I wasn't saying Axus' English isn't good enough. I'm just saying hes not English so he can't correct anyone's English.

And I am saying - yet again - that you are talking utter bollocks. If he can speak English better than another English speaker, then of course he can correct their English. You are being ridiculous, which is why everybody without exception is flaming you.

Quote from BlueFlame :As for Regional Dialects. I am from South Wirral one of the Vikings main settlements during the good'ole days. Its a penninsular south of the River Mersey, southerners refer to me as a Scouser. Northerners know what a scouser is obviously, and do not.

I've got family who live in Wallasey and I lived in Toxteth for a bit so yes I am familiar with the Wirral peninsula (note the spelling). I currently live in York, which was a bigger Viking settlement than yours. Quite how any of this is relevant to the topic at hand I don't know. You appear to be quite adept at talking in circles whilst saying very little.

Edit: You don't live in Gayton by any chance do you? I always wanted to meet someone who lived in Gayton.
Clearly then, because Einstein was taught maths in Germany and Newton was taught maths in England he had no right to improve the laws of motion.

Frankly I can't believe this stupid debate is still going on. *gets popcorn*

:munching_
I came into this thread to read about the F1 race, not arguments over grammar. You guys may think it's not a problem but some of us actually want to read posts about F1 without having to sift through a lot of OT stuff...
Quote from thisnameistaken :
You appear to be quite adept at talking in circles whilst saying very little.

No, I don't know how I do it either

Quote from thisnameistaken :
Edit: You don't live in Gayton by any chance do you? I always wanted to meet someone who lived in Gayton.

There is a road in Chester called Gaymoore Drive (or close, I don't remember) and being terrorist vandals, you can imagine some of the stuff that gets said and written near-by

**Spoilers** F1: Belgian Grand Prix
(135 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG