The online racing simulator
Mclaren 2008
(87 posts, started )
Mclaren 2008
If you watched the belgium GP you would of noticed martian talking about how alonso and ron are having a ''cold'' relationship and is looking like he wants nothing to do with the team even considering droping out for a season.

If true, who do you think would suit alonso's spare seat?

I would say Rosberg..
one of the BMW drivers.. but i think they might already have a contract for 08
#3 - axus
Quote from (-Mark-) :one of the BMW drivers.. but i think they might already have a contract for 08

They already have a contract.
kubica would look in contention but nick is probably a bit too old, Mclaren would be looking for young talent..
Takuma Sato! Bring the excitement back in F1 .
#6 - Dru
The good guys are all under contract...

...... bring back the Hak!
I am curious as to what exactly it means for Mclaren to be thrown out of the contructors championship. What do they lose? Paddock slots? VIP access?
Quote from Viper93 :I am curious as to what exactly it means for Mclaren to be thrown out of the contructors championship. What do they lose? Paddock slots? VIP access?

less money.
Both of those Viper93, about half the pit garage space and VIP passes.

If Davidson didnt crash so often i'd have said him, or Sutil, but I think most likely they'll go for a more mature driver to put alongside Hamilton.
Quote from Becky Rose :Both of those Viper93, about half the pit garage space and VIP passes.

If Davidson didnt crash so often i'd have said him, or Sutil, but I think most likely they'll go for a more mature driver to put alongside Hamilton.

I don't think it will be Couldhard
Quote from marzman :I don't think it will be Couldhard

it wont be becuase he already signed a deal with Red Bull for another year..
Massa? Provided he dosent have a contract right now.... I'd reckon Kovaleinen, but i Renault wouldnt bear to let him go. Rosberg?
Quote from Becky Rose :Both of those Viper93, about half the pit garage space and VIP passes.

Cool, I know paddock slots will mean that they cannot bring 1/2 their equipment. What does the VIP access grant? Easy access to the media? Scrutineers? F1 Managment?

I know once a team scores a single point FIA will fly their cars to the track for free, I think including equipment too, not sure on that. That in itself is a huge expense. My question is what was this attached to? Was it the Drivers standing or the contructors? I would assume constructors, but I have been wrong many times before.
VIP covers the 'guests' that can access the paddock i.e. for the sponsors so they can rake more revenue in.
They will be in the 1st pit box, which on some tracks is notorious for being harder to get into, as well as being smaller as Becky pointed out.

The constructors points for this season were removed, hence why they will be in the 1st box (normally the worst performing team gets this box).

The drivers were not punished because Alonso was guaranteed 'immunity' as part of his deal to handover to the FIA his e-mails that confirm at least he and De La Rosa were aware of Ferrari technical info via Mike Coughlin (the reason the team was punished is the FIA surmised that the drivers alone not have used this info without more senior McLaren personnel at least authorising testing facilites etc.).
I wouldnt mind seeing J.Button in a mac. BUT i do think honda will be competative (sp?) next year, BMW vs Honda.
Quote :I wouldnt mind seeing J.Button in a mac. BUT i do think honda will be competative (sp?) next year, BMW vs Honda.

Oh god please no, it's bad enough he has a Union Flag next to his driver name without embarassing himself and his country by failing to do anything again whilst in a top car.

Honda has failed miserably over the last few years, it's a perfect match for Jenson. I think he's contracted for eons anyway - not that a contract has ever stopped Jenson changing teams.
Quote from Mustafur :If you watched the belgium GP you would of noticed martian talking

OMG no I didn't! Anybody got a video?

:ufo:
Becky, I know you don't like Jenson, but you cannot say he isn't driving as well as anyone at the moment. If you wish to claim that he isn't, then please back that up with facts. Watch any of his races, from both TV and onboard cameras, and look at the data - he is driving that Honda as fast as anyone could.

He might not have the killer instinct to win world championships, but that's not in question here. He certainly has sufficient killer instincts to get and remain in F1, which is something the vast majority, with or without money, fail to do.

Edit: Also, Becky, what time are we doing the recording tonight? Around 7 might be best for me. PM/Email me...
Well, Ron Dennis was choking to get Schumacher in one of his cars in the mid '90s...could be a comeback possibility for Schumi
To be honest, if I was an F1 driver I'd stay away from McLaren after all this news. So I wouldnt dare guess who would. I'd love to see McLaren with 1 driver though, infact that should be a part of their punishment. If Alonso leaves McLaren, they arent allowed to replace him, same for Hamilton

On a side note, Honda needs to forget about this earth crap. This is F1, they burn more fuel than most other motorsports!
Quote from VTiRoj :On a side note, Honda needs to forget about this earth crap. This is F1, they burn more fuel than most other motorsports!

and those cig sponsers
#22 - axus
Quote from VTiRoj :To be honest, if I was an F1 driver I'd stay away from McLaren after all this news. So I wouldnt dare guess who would. I'd love to see McLaren with 1 driver though, infact that should be a part of their punishment. If Alonso leaves McLaren, they arent allowed to replace him, same for Hamilton

I can't relate. I think McLaren should boot Alonso to be honest, along with de la Rosa and all the people (which they know of) that were involved in the whole thing. Ron Dennis most certainly wasn't and nor was the majority of the team if you ask me. Alonso and de la Rosa should have had their F1 licenses stripped for a year.
Quote from VTiRoj :On a side note, Honda needs to forget about this earth crap. This is F1, they burn more fuel than most other motorsports!

Figures please, or did you make that up?
I think Alonso should go for blackmailing Ron (I would have sacked him immediatly). In the other McLaren I'd like to see Vettel - good driver that's getting his true potential (points on debut at new track to him!) ignored due to driving an STR.

I doubt he would get a McLaren seat, but Marko Asmer could be an excellent driver for a middle to back end team - ran away with BF3 this year.
Quote from duke_toaster :In the other McLaren I'd like to see Vettel - good driver that's getting his true potential (points on debut at new track to him!) ignored due to driving an STR.

Same goes for Sutil and Davidson IMO.

Mclaren 2008
(87 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG