The online racing simulator
Torque Steer in LFS?
(18 posts, started )
Torque Steer in LFS?
I was wondering is there any Torque Steer in LFS, i dont think it is and i am wondering why it isnt implemented and/or visable on cars like the FXO(lots of Powaaaaaa + Torque, FWD car) or has this been all but eliminated in the present day performance cars?

thanksfor reading

,Jason
I doubt that the "half shafts" on the LFS FWD cars are not equal length, or that the shearing forces / drivetrain play etc that really cause it IRL are calculated at this point in time.

The phenomenon is definitely present in LFS in circumstances where wheel torque is not equal though, so it wouldn't be to hard to fully implement - there would just need to be a torque imbalance that's drivetrain based.

And in many newer FWDs it's all but eliminated anyway, but it would still be nice to notice in the sim.
thanks for the informative reply =]

Yea, I agree with BBT. Its definatly there in LFS, you can let go of the wheel, accelerate, or release the accelerator and the wheel with turn whichever way.
#5 - kaynd
It is easily noticeable when the front suspension is damaged (mainly the shock absorber rather than the camber or toe)… that creates the essential, for the Torque Steer phenomenon, torque imbalance between the front wheels, that ΒΒΤ has referred at his post.
XFR has torque steer out the wazoo
Yes, the powerful FWD GTR cars have it. Ever tried UFR with a locked diff?
Quote from hrtburnout :Yes, the powerful FWD GTR cars have it. Ever tried UFR with a locked diff?

colin died? :hypnotize really ?:hypnotize :eclipsee_
As stated, yes the FWD do exhibit torque steer in the right circumstances even now, but I'm willing to bet that the OP meant in the context of straight line acceleration, since that's what the general public thinks of as "torque steer", even though it's technically a much broader term referring to any front wheel torque imbalance causing torque on the steer wheel.
I have a turbo FWD, much like the FXO for a daily driver. I will test it again today but if I point the car exactly strait at a stop I can accelerate without having to touch the wheel =)

It's mainly older FWDs with unequal 1/2 shafts that have the major torque steer problems. Newer FWD's usually don't have too much of a problem if they are designed with a factory LSD.
Quote from danowat :XFR has torque steer out the wazoo

Sorry for O/T but that's going in my sig. idk why

On-topic, am I imagining it or do the SS cars have torque-steer too?
Quote from DieKolkrabe :On-topic, am I imagining it or do the SS cars have torque-steer too?

Can't imagine how they possibly could... so I'd say you are likely imagining it.
:S Thanks for clearing that up

DK
That's just the weight of guilt for all those nasty things you did as a child. Be naughty some more with your left arm to balance things out.
Is there some twisted subconcious correlation with your avatar per chance?
Quote from Bob Smith :That's just the weight of guilt for all those nasty things you did as a child. Be naughty some more with your left arm to balance things out.

You mean 'forearm exercise'?
Quote from Bob Smith :That's just the weight of guilt for all those nasty things you did as a child. Be naughty some more with your left arm to balance things out.

Does that work only with the left arm?

Torque Steer in LFS?
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG