The online racing simulator
car is finished.
(59 posts, started )
no you dont see a bodykit at all.

thats just how the car is as standard.

----

when i said VX's worldwide that included Opel Speedsters, Daewoo Speedsters and the 2 American versions.
I forgot that Daewoo are GM..... Anything that can have a Daewoo badge on and can be the same car.... well... 'nuff said , you drive a Daewoo.. hah. hahah
Quote from BlueFlame :What was your 1/4 time Chris?

PB is [email protected] on a 2.113 60' I ran a 2.07 60' at Santapod but there was a good 15MPH headwind that knocked the time down to a 13.80@97 Should have been a low 13.7 high 13.6. I haven't done anything performance wise, just brakes and suspension mounts. Tires were factory aswell.

Slicks will easily put you in the high 13's Chris, should do anyways.
Quote from Viper93 :PB is [email protected] on a 2.113 60' I ran a 2.07 60' at Santapod but there was a good 15MPH headwind that knocked the time down to a 13.80@97 Should have been a low 13.7 high 13.6. I haven't done anything performance wise, just brakes and suspension mounts. Tires were factory aswell.

Slicks will easily put you in the high 13's Chris, should do anyways.

Thats actually not bad , as fast as alot of Ferrari's , and don't let any 12 year old kids tell you other wise. As most Ferrari's can't do under 11 seconds
yea but on a drag strip 11 seconds and 13 seconds is quite a big difference.

my old punto gt could do it in about 14.3 seconds.. not bad for a 170bhp FWD turbo. :lol:
Hehe, no it's not =)

I could easily put my car into the 11's. Just add the S3 kit and a few other little HP goodies(total cost £2500) bringing the car around 350-400BHP and slap on a set of slicks. Guys running the S2 kit are running 12's with slicks, total cost of that is about £1000 plus the cost of slicks.

There is a big difference, but it's easily gapped

You still wanting to do some tracktime Chris? How do your brakes hold up?
Quote :Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. Lotus build it, and like any subcontractor it isnt their pride and joy with the choicest parts. In fact manufacturing the first run almost bankrupted Lotus because Vauxhall was so unhappy with the build quality that they refused to pay for them until Lotus reworked them, delaying the new Elise. The VX220 is cheaper than a Lotus, because it's built cheaply.

Just to back up what Becky said here, although i'm not "dissing" your choice of motor. It's your car, you got the one you wanted and you don't have to convince others you made the right choice.

Anyway, My friend is an engineer and his company makes parts for the motor industry, i remember him telling me a few years back about him making gearbox parts for the lotus and the vx. Now the tolerance he had to work within for the lotus was 2/1000 which is nearly as tight as it gets in the motor industry, but for the vx it was 60/1000 which is obviously a lot looser. So basically, the good one's went in box 1 which went on the lotus, and the one's they ballsed up on went in box 2 which went on the vx.
well you must remember that the lotus gearbox is a different gearbox compared to the vauxhall one.

i dont know alot about the gearbox's of the lotus, so i wont pretend to but i will be reading up, but if you moved from the gearboxes to the engines..

the rover was a CRAP engine..the 2.2 GM lump was far more stable and reliable.. does that mean that they spent more time and effort on the engines for vaux.. ?? i doubt it.. it was just a choice, you would probably find that if the cars ran the same engine and gearbox they would of both been identical in terms of how tight its going to have to be.

im just talking from experience.. i have been in a lotus.. newer than mine and the quality of the car was not how you would expect a 2005 car to be.. bits poorly attached, bits falling off etc.
Quote from R3DMAN :
the rover was a CRAP engine..the 2.2 GM lump was far more stable and reliable.. does that mean that they spent more time and effort on the engines for vaux.. ?? i doubt it.. it was just a choice, you would probably find that if the cars ran the same engine and gearbox they would of both been identical in terms of how tight its going to have to be.

The K series was a lovely engin, much more responsive than the GM lump will ever be. Although of the GM lump will always be more powerful, dull and (should be) more reliable.

The VX220 and Elise are the same car, IIRC the VX220 has softer suspension and was slightly heavier, with the GM engine, which was inferior to the Toyota, which was inferior to the K series IMO. From what I've seen it's built like a bad cross of Lotus and GM build quality, as in it's shockingly bad. I'm not sure who did the interior trim but it did seem a bit more tacky and mainstream than Lotus's pretty but completely impractical trim. From what I've seen both cars are badly built and thrown together, one unusual service component is the bonnet release cable (that goes through the tub). They were badly designed in the first place so they get worn down and break, which wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't for the fact that it takes two men and a lot of luck and determination to manage to guide the cable through the gap (after having taken half the car apart to expose the tub). I imagine the VX220 is the same

car is finished.
(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG