The online racing simulator
McRae helicopter crash
(228 posts, started )
Local glasgow radio claiming 4 people dead... I hate this - so much speculation and its just horrible . *edit* four seems very unlikely so hopefully just crappy reporting lol
Just hope that Mcrae was't on board but even if he wasn't the people who were on board RIP and if Mcrae was on board, RIP Mcrae, I have a horible feeling that they are going to say that McRae was on board the heli, just hoping they don't, They have to check the helicopter over before they even start it up and get off the ground, so it is weird why is burst into flames, well it can happen pitty it has had to happen to Mcrae's heli or even of happened to Mcrae.
Nooo! I hope he's not dead . McRae's been one of my favourite drivers since I was young .
Damn... that's quite a shocker...
No way.. omg .. Im not reading this Colin died ??? That cant be true.. oh common.. I REALLY HOPE HE IS ALIVE... He has to be, too many good rally drivers have passed before there time already (
Initial reports are confirming that Colin was on board at the time. This has now been confirmed to press by his Wife Alison McRae.
He was on Board

Edit: link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_McRae
Look on the bottom of the page.

RIP Colin, You will be sadly missed. Hope this on wiki is true and someone hasn't edited it saying that he has died and it has been confirmed
But then again it is wiki, i'm getting third-hand info from someone close-by...

"Info I have from the scene is that 2 adults and 2 children wer on board. He was piloting. Its beleived to be his 2 children other adult is unknown for now!"
Well I'm watching Sky news right now, and so far the only info coming from them is that there will be no formal identification tonight.

I really hope this isn't the case, but then it would mean someone else had died, sad news whatever the case.
his 2 children? OMG.... RIP McRae's
Quote from f1r3b4ll :But then again it is wiki, i'm getting third-hand info from someone close-by...

"Info I have from the scene is that 2 adults and 2 children wer on board. He was piloting. Its beleived to be his 2 children other adult is unknown for now!"

We just have to wait to either later tonight or tomorrow morning until the facts come out on what happened and if Mcrae was on board.

Sam.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new ... 2007/09/15/ncopter115.xml

Jean-Eric Freudiger, McRae's agent, last night told The Sunday Telegraph he had spoken to the driver's brother and that he had confirmed the former champion had been piloting the Squirrel aircraft.

Speaking from his home in Switzerland, Mr Freudiger said he was still in shock and fighting back tears as he said he could not reach Mr McRae's wife, Alison
It's not true until it's on the BBC.
rip mcrae
Quote from f1r3b4ll :http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/15/ncopter115.xml

Jean-Eric Freudiger, McRae's agent, last night told The Sunday Telegraph he had spoken to the driver's brother and that he had confirmed the former champion had been piloting the Squirrel aircraft.

Speaking from his home in Switzerland, Mr Freudiger said he was still in shock and fighting back tears as he said he could not reach Mr McRae's wife, Alison

It only says feared dead, May not be true, hopefully it is not, I have a feeling though that he was on board because it would be a bit weird with the helicopter being so closed to his house and it's his heli, so I think it may come out that he was piloting the helicopter.
I have a horrible feeling that he was in the chopper.
Its all just pointing that way. I really hope he wasn't.

I'm tuned into Sky News, so I will post when I get an update as I'm sure everyone else will to.

I really can't beleive this is happening, so many great people are losing their lives in freak accidents like this.

Colin McRae was one of my alltime faveroutes in motorsport and if the reports are true then RIP whoever was onboard that helicopter, you wil be dearly missed.
Quote from The General Lee :I have a horrible feeling that he was in the chopper.
Its all just pointing that way. I really hope he wasn't.

I'm tuned into Sky News, so I will post when I get an update as I'm sure everyone else will to.

I'm doing the same, We are loosing a lot of people to quickly, We have lost Richard Burns, I just hope with haven't lost colin aswell.

Sam.
#45 - Don
THE former rally driving champion Colin McRae was killed and his five year-old son feared dead in a helicopter crash yesterday afternoon.

Untill I see it on the BBC site or Sky News, I wont be believe it.
It seems that all the reports on the news paper sites are putting dates down of 16th september when it is only still the 15th so in a way they are not telling the truth.
They're stories for tomorrows papers, dude.
Quote from DarkTimes :They're stories for tomorrows papers, dude.

I know but why put that in why they are saying that they will not know until tomorrow if he was onboard thats what it is saying on sky news

Sam.
Hope its not true but cant help but be certain he was in the helicopter, 2 rally icons die within the space of about 2 years

RIP colin and family.

McRae helicopter crash
(228 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG