The online racing simulator
S2 Online problem.
(13 posts, started )
#1 - DR3W
S2 Online hosting problem.
I can get online and joining host most of the time fine. But if i make my own, and i have a friend come find it they can never find it. Even if they search for my name they cant find me. It just did it resentley, i use to host all the time and hade a few pretty large grops.

Thanx!
do you use a router or changed any settings recently? Does your friend have S2? (I assume he has if searching for you) Something tells me that your server is being blocked from the internet.. Check your firewall and (if u have it) router settings. make sure the right ports are open.

Other then that. i dont know much else.
#3 - DR3W
Quote from franky500 :do you use a router or changed any settings recently? Does your friend have S2? (I assume he has if searching for you) Something tells me that your server is being blocked from the internet.. Check your firewall and (if u have it) router settings. make sure the right ports are open.

Other then that. i dont know much else.

My friend has s2. I did get a wirelesss router but this wes like this befor i got the router. Il see if my firewall seting changed. But im thanking it started wen i downloaded the new patch!
Quote from DR3W :My friend has s2. I did get a wirelesss router but this wes like this befor i got the router. Il see if my firewall seting changed. But im thanking it started wen i downloaded the new patch!

Best bet (i am sure u already thought of this) try an older version of LFS....
its your router, you have to open the ports LFS uses.. i have same problem, and it cant get fixed since my dad forgot what password is.. go figure
#6 - DR3W
Quote from XCNuse :its your router, you have to open the ports LFS uses.. i have same problem, and it cant get fixed since my dad forgot what password is.. go figure

I got the password to get on mine. But how do i do it? Dont that mean they can get on my systum if i open ports?
lol anyone can get into anyones computer if its connected to the internet no matter what, your computer has to leave some things open to even connect, one port wont make any difference

plus, the only way a computer is found is through something that is being given out; a computer can be completely open, but never found if nothing is ever being sent

yes it will be open.. but its not going to harm your computer.. you and every other server has to leave them open
#8 - jaimi
I am using a router and I have al the ports open that need to be open, but still my online games connect fine (even tho if i use dedi i have to use an ip to join) but the problem is that none of my friends can join the games. It bugs as the guys who got me into this game are the ones i wanna play.

my fire wall prog is allowing the ports as well. I an connecting using the default ports any others all have the same problem. I just wanna play games with my friends. Pleasse HELP
first i would try shutting off your firewall and see if that does it, if that does it.. then it has to do with the firewall, and vice versa for the router
How is the router set up?
If it's set to use NAT or PAT, you'll have to tell it that any data coming into the router from the internet on the LFS ports needs to be sent to your LFS Server PC. Otherwise it won't know what to do with the info and just drop the packets, even if your PC is the only one on the network (easiest way is to try and set up a default server on your router, so that any data on the open ports gets forwarded to your PC, unless otherwise defined).
Have done all the nat (napt) and disabled firewall to no avail. Asked my ISP about online gaming and they said that they fullysupported gaming (and claimed to have no internet barring inplace).

I load up a dedi server (or a non dedi it dont matter) log onto it(either by ip (dedi) or by running it). and i get my frendon the phone saying that he cannot connect, the few who get further all i get is "Guest timed out". My fire wall was at fault for a lot of my games but i sorted it, giving LFS and VIETCONG full accsess, even to ICMP (whatever that is).

Getting annoyed, the games best feater is online play against friends.

Any further help would be great.
Stax to all you have helped thus far.
Much appretiated, the more ideas going around will eradicate the problem
Are you sure you're port forwarding properly? i.e. to the right local ip, and the right ports (dont forget LFS needs TCP and UDP).

ICMP (Internet Control Message Protocol) is usually used by ping, and a few other apps. Its not needed to be open.
Quote from the_angry_angel :Are you sure you're port forwarding properly? i.e. to the right local ip, and the right ports (dont forget LFS needs TCP and UDP).

ICMP (Internet Control Message Protocol) is usually used by ping, and a few other apps. Its not needed to be open.

ports 29339 and 63392 both tcp and udp, are both routed correctly
and these are the ports that i have lfs set for (well 63392, the 29339 was one that was recomended)

S2 Online problem.
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG