The online racing simulator
#1 - JTbo
Racetime setting for arb and brake bias
Would be great if these could be possible to map to wheel buttons, many race cars have possibility adjust these from drivers position, mostly brake bias, but some has arb setting too.

I know arb is possible to adjust from F12 menu, but not from wheel buttons.
It is possible, if you have a dfp go into the profiler and assign the directional pad for up down left right, and the four bottom buttons for f9-f12. So while driving you can hit the button then scroll down and change the brake bias, arb, or pit settings right front the wheel without having to take your hands off.
#3 - JTbo
Quote from WGooden :It is possible, if you have a dfp go into the profiler and assign the directional pad for up down left right, and the four bottom buttons for f9-f12. So while driving you can hit the button then scroll down and change the brake bias, arb, or pit settings right front the wheel without having to take your hands off.

Yes, you are right that it is possible this way, but I still find it difficult to use when racing, you need to concentrate to menu instead of road.

What I'm after is single button click adjustment, this I found very handy in my journey to dark side, Gtr and rFactor, in dfp there is this four buttons, square, circle, triangle and X that I did use, was very very easy.
That leads me to idea, maybe it is possible to set macro to button, so menu navigation is not needed, only then f12 menu would flash on screen quickly, but that way it might be possible to do.
Still would be nice that it would be possible to assign those functions to button from controller setting in game, should be easy to implement?
any news on this? it would be great to be able to raise or lower brake bias with one button press. i would like to do it with L3 and r3. square and circle are more likely to be hit by accident plus i already have those set to look left and right.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
for the longer races it would be nice though. just something extra to play with. I cant remember if super gt cars have adjustable break bias controls in them but many other gt racing series cars do...
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Dunno.. I do occasionally change them in long GTR races. As the tyres heat up more the car's behaviour does invariably change a bit, and can be compensated for with these settings.
#7 - JTbo
I did save once my UF GTR race with arb settings, as I was hitted and thrown to wall, car was very oversteery, but with new arb setting it handled better than originally, lol.

Anyway, in long races, tirewear and fuel load cause the need of adjusting those settings, also sometimes other driver is driving slower but bit differently so overtaking is not possible with current style, so need to set brake balance bit to brake later with greater risk than normally, then return to safer setting, etc.

Anything under 10 laps is just cruising around, races start from 30-40laps depenging from track

I would like to have race of 40 laps with 10 or more cars someday, it would take very long time of course.

In GTR I did race last night 1 hour and 30 minutes in Monza, that was very much of fun, even my long brake caused to placing last, brake bias was needed to set in that race too

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG