The online racing simulator
ATI HD 2400Pro - LFS freezes for 10 secs.
Hi guys! My team-mate has the following problem:

He has just bought a brand new computer. While playing, LFS freezes for 10 seconds or so...and the driver sais that it is set back to the original options. After this LFS runs perfectly until is freezes again
He uses the latest driver, he can't use older ones, because those don't support the card.
Once it happened that WinXp had a blue-death, saying sg. about an ATI file.

He had a 9600Xt before and had the SAME problem...freezes, then error message. He tried several drivers, but nothing...

Does anyone know what the problem is? Or give me the options he uses in driver options...He uses Vsync-off and ATI AI catalyst off.

Thanks in advance, hope someone can help my mate
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Hi guys! My team-mate has the following problem:

He has just bought a brand new computer. While playing, LFS freezes for 10 seconds or so...and the driver sais that it is set back to the original options. After this LFS runs perfectly until is freezes again
He uses the latest driver, he can't use older ones, because those don't support the card.
Once it happened that WinXp had a blue-death, saying sg. about an ATI file.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Or give me the options he uses in driver options...He uses Vsync-off and ATI AI catalyst off.

Thanks in advance, hope someone can help my mate

The blue screen of death, was it "ATI2DVAG"? My X1950 Pro gets that. I'm getting rid of it, getting an 8600GT instead.
He said yes. Does your LFS freezes too?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :He said yes, but not 100% sure.

If he said thats what it is, then the card's dead. I've searched for a few weeks now trying to find a solve for this problem, even posted a topic here.

Seems like ATI's drivers are crap.

But, I've got a fix thats working for me so far!

Go to www.omegadrivers.net.

I got the ATI drivers from there, and after 2 days of CSS (with only minor-skipping), I'm very pleased with the results.

However, its still running crap. I'm having to run at about half settings to get the same FPS, so i'm getting rid of this card soon.
The main problem is the freezing...He got blue screen death only once, maybe because of one of the freezes.
CSS and COD2 are running perfectly, he has this problem ONLY in LFS.
Check the PSU. Try underclocking for example.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG