The online racing simulator
Hammond has crashed again!
(39 posts, started )
Quote from tristancliffe :It's Captain Slow, not Doctor Slow. I don't believe he has a doctorate, honourary or otherwise.

James has a degree in Music from Lancaster University - but no doctorate. I wouldnt like to be treated in a hospital by him! Smile, Jeremy has an honorary degree in engineering from Brunel University and Richard has ..... nothing ....ahh (a degree in having rather a large amount of crashes?)
The car would have had a rollcage, 5 point harness and a bucket seat with side impact head restraints. Looking from the photo and reading the BBC report it seems he had a small bit of contact with another car, enough to rip a corner off the suspension and make it virtually immobile but not likely to produce injuries. The original report suggested a single car 100mph impact into a wall (ie. not glancing the pitwall), which at Silverstone could only really be done round the outside of Woodcote. Had he hit the wall at 100mph the car would not have been repairable and he would almost certainly not be in a state to drive it back to the pits.

Quote from Jakg :Important Disctinction - Senna was a racing DRIVER, TG is full of motoring JOURNALISTS.

They chose to get behind the wheel of a car fully aware of the risks.

Quote from theirishnoob :
besides id say the car has a rollcage ( good for upto 200 mph crash )

What kind of crash? A simple roll with nothing to hit and no digging in and somersaulting, then yes an FIA spec rollcage stands a fairly good chance of stopping the car being crushed, but how many times do you see a car just roll over and skid on its roof at 200mph without digging in or hitting something?

A rollcage is not indestructible, and it's likely that a 60mph T-bone or head on hit into a wall will produce large intrusion issues into the cockpit, although nothing like the complete destruction seen in road cars.

That's beside the point though you seem to have failed to have understood that both speed has nothing to do with how the energy is absorbed and that cockpit intrusion/the point when the rollcage crushes is not normally the cause of serious injuries in racing cars.
My dad was asked to drive in that race but he couldnt do the 3 hour stints! he crashed into a mosler but dont think he was doing 100mph as he was in a BMW diesel and the fact i think he was going round a corner but they still finished the race.
What happened was at around midnight, Hammond was about to be lapped by 2 cars going down Hangar Straight. They went wither side of him and he moved over to line up for the corner and hit the front of a Mosler and I assume that turned the car towards the wall. They ended up with a puncture and spent a while repairing it, but got back into the race. I think they finished 3rd in their class.
Quote from whip lash :Wow

I cannot believe that YOU believed that this load of tripe was accurate, even I know that The Sun is full of it.
Quote from Jakg :The jet Car had a roll cage too, you know...

Or are you a crash expert as well as being an expert on everything else?

Jakg, I think he's an expert on everything, we should just listen to what he says, and treat it as the truth, and not some bullshit that some retard made up!
Quote from Jakg :The jet Car had a roll cage too, you know...

Or are you a crash expert as well as being an expert on everything else?

It seems to me that nearly every post you make is to criticise someone elses why dont you just relax and stop trying to make every thread turn into an argument!
#34 - Jakg
Care to show me a post like that?

And care to show me a post that theirishnoob HAS had a clue what he's on about?

(and yes i know this post is actually criticising you)
Quote from Jakg :Care to show me a post like that?

And care to show me a post that theirishnoob HAS had a clue what he's on about?

(and yes i know this post is actually criticising you)

I admit theirishnoob does chat absolute bollocks at times :nut: but just let him get on with it hes only making himself look stupid Big grin.

But if there is anyone that needs critisising it does seem to be you, let someoneelse do it to stop you looking like a jackass to some people Thumbs up
#37 - Jakg
Ok, i'm great with women

/flame

If TIN know's what he's talking about, then Jakg is a sex god...

and we all know the likelyhood of that..
not a big deal.... somebody punted him off the road...

what i cant believe is that the version on the virgin media website is correct

Hammond has crashed again!
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG