The online racing simulator
running LFS with VISTA and Dual Monitors
Hi!

I'm trying and trying and can't get LFS to run using both monitors attached to my 7800GS via DVI.
Is there a workaround or a patch or smth. to run VISTA AND LFS and other games on a multimon config?
What about TripleHead2Go?? and using 3 monitors? same sh*t? different name?

What I've found out was that the nview tool, which can do horizontal span only runs on Windows XP. Is there a similar tool for Vista? Do I have to install XP for playing games on 2 (or more) monitors??? This would be a regression with vista

sincerly
i can run lfs with vista and dual monitors. I go to control panel and mobility options.
hmm just to make it clear:

i don't want to play it on an internal/external monitor on a laptop. i want it to span over the whole width of TWO monitors. i've got 2x 22" TFT with 1680x1050. so the resolution lfs would be running would be 3360x1050 @60Hz. but i can't get that to run (it doesn't show these resolutions in options menu).
neither i have the mobility options in windows, since i'm on a PC and no laptop
You have to enable horizontal spanning in the ATI Control Center...

Then set windows to work in that mode...

Then it should work. If you havent figured it out by the time I get home, i will go into further detail, im at work now so i dont have it in front of me.
I've got a nvidia card (GeForce 7800GS), got no option for spanning there. Is there an option for ATI cards AND vista???
Quote from DrFred :I've got a nvidia card (GeForce 7800GS), got no option for spanning there. Is there an option for ATI cards AND vista???

Display Properties, under the Geforce tab, goto nView display setings, change nView display mode to horizontal span (if you're using the "new" control panel, it'll be in a slightly different place.
under vista there is no nview any more so i thought there were another tool.
#8 - Tutan
I have the same problem in Vista. Under nvidia control panel there are the possibility of "dualview" but no horizontal span.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG